This game sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, because it is nothing like ordering food at a nice restaurant -- starting with you already paid them.
Oh hey Mr. Attorney of TW Entertainment. We all get it you like the game. You enjoy it so far, good for you. The thing you have to understand that a lot of people under this post don't like and don't enjoy the game in it's current state. They and I want this company to turn this game into a decent one as it's supposed to be in the first place. No one cares if you enjoy unfinished, disfunctional products. Stop defending the incompetence, you are embarrasing yourself.

Oh hey Mr. Attorney of TW Entertainment. We all get it you like the game. You enjoy it so far, good for you. The thing you have to understand that a lot of people under this post don't like and don't enjoy the game in it's current state. They and I want this company to turn this game into a decent one as it's supposed to be in the first place. No one cares if you enjoy unfinished, disfunctional products. Stop defending the incompetence, you are embarrasing yourself.
I doubt anyone elected you as a spokesman to suppress free speech. He's as entitled to his opinion as you are to yours, however many people may agree with you or him.

Inappropriate behavior
Like I said before:
"why do game companies keep releasing sucky but moddable games?"
"this game sucks and is busted imma go play it anyway after a bunch of people do unpaid labor on it"
It's <snip> like you talking about how much you're gonna enjoy the mods (and buying products upfront on that basis) that are the reason this **** happens in the first place. The best way to hold TW accountable is to not buy their product in the first place. The second best way (and there is a big gap between the two) is to stop playing it.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's <snip> like you talking about how much you're gonna enjoy the mods (and buying products upfront on that basis) that are the reason this **** happens in the first place. The best way to hold TW accountable is to not buy their product in the first place. The second best way (and there is a big gap between the two) is to stop playing it.
I finally agree with you on something, but this is a sociological issue now, not just a problem of individual <snip>.
The success of early access model in both giving you a taste before the game is done, and in the added value of being able to follow a game's development as an entertaining activity in itself, removed the basic incentive for (indie-like) developers to actually finish their games and eventually release them in a good state, while both managing expectations and hyping up their game.

Can we stop the <snip>? No. Only occasional EA failures and disillusionment act as a limited and temporary check on premature purchases. Because the basic motivation in buying and following early access games will not go away.

Last edited by a moderator:
you're just a bunch of toxic haters, check steam reviews
It's probably the best update so far. Features, stability, performance, all vastly improved. If they can continue on this path, we might just be on track for a very good game that's isn't reliant completely on mods.

Still, there's a whole lot to be done features wise.

i use to be mentally ill as well, youll get better one day just give it time

Can we stop the dumb mother****ers? No. Only occasional EA failures and disillusionment act as a limited and temporary check on premature purchases. Because the basic motivation in buying and following early access games will not go away.
All we can do at this point is keep this thread bumped up and 50+ pages.

I finally agree with you on something, but this is a sociological issue now, not just a problem of individual dumb mother****ers.
The success of early access model in both giving you a taste before the game is done, and in the added value of being able to follow a game's development as an entertaining activity in itself, removed the basic incentive for (indie-like) developers to actually finish their games and eventually release them in a good state, while both managing expectations and hyping up their game.

Can we stop the dumb mother****ers? No. Only occasional EA failures and disillusionment act as a limited and temporary check on premature purchases. Because the basic motivation in buying and following early access games will not go away.
The issue is that greedy companies that don't need the capital are using ea when they don't need to. They know that a significant portion of the market is young and impulsive and ofc companies hyping games for months to years beforehand doesn't help either. The gaming industry needs another crash like back in the 80's and maybe the companies that survive will be a bit more consumer friendly.

The issue is that greedy companies that don't need the capital are using ea when they don't need to.

Yeah that really bothers me. It's just the standard model for game releases now. Even when they don't explicitly call it Early Access, the game usually releases in a bad state and you get the same shills claiming the game will be good eventually. Bonus points if they release a "roadmap" for people to get hyped over, only to eventually ditch everything on it anyway.

All unnecessarily scummy practices but they'll never stop.

The point of the game, as of any leisure activities, is to have a good time. If this for you means winning and you don't feel you can win, than this game for you sucks and you should look for a different activity. Does not mean that the game sucks generally or for everyone.

What I don't understand is the slightly annoying tenacity with which people want to tell us that this game sucks. We know that it has several faults, wether the faults are important or not is to everyones own taste. For example I bought Days Gone some days ago, and I find the game tedious and not that immersive and I'm annoyed by big floating quest markers and there are no mods to deal with my special complaints, I don't waste my time to tell others persistently that it sucks, I simply deinstalled it. Same fate for Stranded: Alien Dawn or Raft. Don't like it, don't play it.
Did I say the game sucks? No.

I don't play the game anymore because it has nothing left to offer me unlike other games. This game only has something to offer for beginners and intermediates. Once you learn all of its features and mechanics it has nothing to offer experienced players. This is a bad flaw.

The game doesn't suck its just a sad shell of a game. It has potential for more so we comment on what the issues are. If you don't like our comments don't read them.

Pretty funny and very telling is how people who like/love the game really never write down a great narrative of what happened in their playthru and what about it made it so awesome -merely "Its great because Steam Reviews say so". This is a sandbox game -should be posts and posts upon some cool sh*t that went down in a unique playthru -yet that dont exist.

Pretty funny and very telling is how people who like/love the game really never write down a great narrative of what happened in their playthru and what about it made it so awesome -merely "Its great because Steam Reviews say so". This is a sandbox game -should be posts and posts upon some cool sh*t that went down in a unique playthru -yet that dont exist.
Dr. Shinobi, or whatever his name was, did that. The problem is that very few people want to read it.

edit:
Yeah that really bothers me. It's just the standard model for game releases now. Even when they don't explicitly call it Early Access, the game usually releases in a bad state and you get the same shills claiming the game will be good eventually. Bonus points if they release a "roadmap" for people to get hyped over, only to eventually ditch everything on it anyway.

All unnecessarily scummy practices but they'll never stop.
I still remember the thread on this forum that was pointing to Valheim's roadmap as an example TW should emulate. They've barely added any new content to that game in like 18 months lmao.

Last edited:
Dr. Shinobi, or whatever his name was, did that. The problem is that very few people want to read it.

It didn't help that he was completely insane and thought anyone who disagreed was a gangstalker.

I still remember the thread on this forum that was pointing to Valheim's roadmap as an example TW should emulate. They've barely added any new content to that game in like 18 months lmao.

Lol I remember that thread. I still don't know why an idea guy's wishlist is so compelling to some people. It's even less impressive when it's a small team, because they don't even have internal accountability. And with bigger companies it just screams of "we want to stay relevant by dripfeeding you cahntent".

Oh, this thread got spicey.

If everyone else jumped off a bridge, would you follow them?
what a dumb logic - comparing popularity with jumping off a bridge
tho, I didn't expect anything smart from a turkophobe like you

Back
Top Bottom