TW : Every Castle Will Be Unique

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
I haven't played in a good while now.

I was wondering how far along the game is with regard to this claim / promise? (genuine question)

For me this is much much more than a cosmetic thing. If achieved... I think it would be a feature of massive importance that would make Bannerlord different from almost any other RTS game.

But I'm pretty sure we are some way off having this in game ?

So, do you think it's something that the modders will have to do in the end?

Yes that is one of the points that I am certain they are finishing. It is not a complex system that can prove "unmaintainable" through development but rather a slow process of making dozens of scenes. Its not something you can easily underdeliver on, unless you try very hard. While I understand cynicism regarding TW's abilities I think they have a very clear set of goals, at least recently. Those goals can to us be underwhelming, but I trust they will be completed nonetheless.

This will be done. They've said they will continue adding scenes after the full release. Seems like they're finishing Empire scenes first, most that have been added are imperial.

This will be done. They've said they will continue adding scenes after the full release. Seems like they're finishing Empire scenes first, most that have been added are imperial.
makes sense starting with the largest. It'll make the cultures with less scenes more unique due to sheer experience making the one that has so many that their uniqueness is much less noticeable. By the time they are doing the smaller cultures they'll be really sharp at doing it

But than again, without any in-depth implementation, the new scenes will only be meaningful for sieges and nothing else since we lack any sort of interaction aside from whacking gangs (similar, yet much better, to something warband suffered from). I think the only instance where WB had "useless" scenes appreciated was in one of the GoT mods that added a bunch of landmarks from the books, consequently it was pretty cool to take a stroll just to see them in 3d, as for M&B the lack of storytelling over their lore coupled with it being a proxy to real world cutlures merged, makes those much less interesting to some extent. I do appreciate the new scenes (they are eye-candies, gotta give that), though for them to be really relevant the game should have flushed them out through features in which we explore while tasking, the perfection would be to have that coupled with featured details to each, but I'm unsure if we are going to get that at any point. What I can't wait's to see varied keep interiors

By sheer playing + using mods I came up with so many possible fixes to their game design and gameplay loops, in fact they can keep most of it intact (as is) if they basically shove-in tailored content for each game phase. Also something that'd take a lot of time to do, in fact anything that the game needs to improve to an acceptable level to many of us would take sheer amounts of time, and THAT's why I'm not going to be appreciative and remain critical about their releasing statement.

I could pickup on C# after release and try to pump all of those "ideas" into a "fix" as a mod, but I'm also skeptical about their updating and patching, so I'd wait a while to even begin considering doing so, and that if I come around to it, it's not something I like to do, so if I did I wouldn't update anything..

Last edited:
I was wondering how far along the game is with regard to this claim / promise? (genuine question)
Are you sure there was a promise? AFAIK the wording in TW's Future Plans was: Unique Town scenes for you to explore and conquer!
All the progress I've seen has been re additional unique towns. A few castles are reused for each Faction and I doubt that will change.

So, do you think it's something that the modders will have to do in the end?
That's an enormous workload. I expect Full Conversion mods will make some signature unique town scenes and either reuse them a lot or reuse Native Towns with make-overs.

Last edited:
Are you sure there was a promise? AFAIK the wording in TW's Future Plans was: Unique Town scenes for you to explore and conquer!
All the progress I've seen has been re additional unique towns. A few castles are reused for each Faction and I doubt that will change.
I'm sure. It was castles, not just towns and cities.

However, its 10.00 pm in my country now.... and I have had a beer ...so I cant be bothered to dig around for the original statement. lol

They already told all castles won't be unique.

I'm sure. It was castles, not just towns and cities.

However, its 10.00 pm in my country now.... and I have had a beer ...so I cant be bothered to dig around for the original statement. lol
1sGGX.png

Look at the Sandbox\SceneObj and SandboxCore\SceneObj files each culture only has four or five castle scenes.

Last edited:
I don't mind repeating pattern for castles. What I do mind is nonsensical architecture layout, general oversizing of buildings (everything is too big comparing to normal human) and interior size not matching exterior for buildings you can enter into. Former being much larger than latter.
+ uneven terrain everywhere, like after arty shelling in WWI. Don't builders of Calradia mind about leveling the terrain a bit before building anything? 🥱

Last edited:
I guess every scene will be "unique" but there might be like two castle scenes with the same building but different landscape. They could claim that the scenes are different although the castles itself are the same.

Back
Top Bottom