No modding tools unless you have steam

Users who are viewing this thread

Imagine defending a company for including less content.
For one, I'm not defending them. For two, I don't really consider modding tools to be content. Sure, they are a very nice gesture when they are provided, but they are not a part of the game. Maybe it's because I'm not a modder myself, but I see then as just a nice bonus, not as content I actually paid for.

For one, I'm not defending them. For two, I don't really consider modding tools to be content. Sure, they are a very nice gesture when they are provided, but they are not a part of the game. Maybe it's because I'm not a modder myself, but I see then as just a nice bonus, not as content I actually paid for.
You're saying modding tools are not part of the content of the game when one of the selling points of the game is the modding.

You say this and then go and play all the mods you can for the game. I mean the only reason this game is worth 40$ is because the amount of mods that will make this game be playable for a decade at least. Like Younes said, everyone knows Warband had a billion mods, including everyone's favorite books adaptations, and mostly everyone that plays Bannerlord use mods.

The least TW can do is at least tell us beforehand we won't have access to the modding tools if we we're not buying it from Steam.

You say this and then go and play all the mods you can for the game. I mean the only reason this game is worth 40$ is because the amount of mods that will make this game be playable for a decade at least. Like Younes said, everyone knows Warband had a billion mods, including everyone's favorite books adaptations, and mostly everyone that plays Bannerlord use mods.

The least TW can do is at least tell us beforehand we won't have access to the modding tools if we we're not buying it from Steam.
The least they could do would be to give people the option to download these modding tools on this site if they can't get them at the store they bought the game at.
Or to give them a steam key for the modding tools if that's possible.

Last edited:
The least they could do would be to give people the option to download these modding tools on this site if they can't get them at the store they bought the game at.
The one who shall not be named has this on his priority list, right after figuring out how to host those MP servers he wanted to get online two years ago ASAP

Last edited:
As someone who will never deal with Steam again, I buy most of my games through GOG. Bannerlord is available there, but without the modding tools it's simply "less" for the same price. I've only done a couple of trivial changes to original M&B, and none for Warband, but having that option taken away is just one more promised thing that the developers have reneged upon.

Epic Games Store does support both modding tools and experimental versions of games, they even have early-access stuff. GOG also supports branches and at least downloadables/goodies. I already told people this on the M&B modding Discord server, but it's probably a logistical issue for TaleWorlds; they think it's too much work to ship them all at once.

I think it's a good idea to have feature parity for the same price, at least take advantage of the TaleWorlds account system to verify purchases from other stores and let people download files directly from the site (just like the previous trial-ware games) as a band-aid until the game exits early access. Or well, if you have the bandwidth just make the modding tools publicly accessible. They can't be used without the base game.

Ideally we'd have everything everywhere, the company is big enough to automate a release submission, as long as they share files. They should.

Bro i hear you I've been waiting so long to make some mods
and i can't
my only options are to buy it again on steam
or do it without the moding kit which is hard af

Epic Games Store does support both modding tools and experimental versions of games, they even have early-access stuff. GOG also supports branches and at least downloadables/goodies. I already told people this on the M&B modding Discord server, but it's probably a logistical issue for TaleWorlds; they think it's too much work to ship them all at once.

I think it's a good idea to have feature parity for the same price, at least take advantage of the TaleWorlds account system to verify purchases from other stores and let people download files directly from the site (just like the previous trial-ware games) as a band-aid until the game exits early access. Or well, if you have the bandwidth just make the modding tools publicly accessible. They can't be used without the base game.

Ideally we'd have everything everywhere, the company is big enough to automate a release submission, as long as they share files. They should.
Lmao I didn't read this. You're telling me @Dejan that you guys CAN do it but you won't, just because you don't feel like it? Is this a joke? It's SA servers all over again, but this time is worse because this is FREE to do, what, what the hell.

Back
Top Bottom