Ukraine Today

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe the stormtroopers of WW1 should have carried med kits with them so that when they jumped in enemy trenches and slit the enemy's throat they could immediately start saving him and patching him up. He couldn't defend himself anymore with his jugular slashed, which means he was a prisoner.

The fail here is that they film it and upload it for internet points, which embarrasses their side. It's normal they would finish off prisoners or even kill surrendered ones if they are in a hurry and can't handle prisoners, as long as no one is looking.
But once it's out there on video, you can't justify killing defenseless POWs (which you are trying to do here). Instead you video your soldier trying to save a dying prisoner and failing, then upload that. Where are political commisars to tell them these things when you need them?
Imagine what happened to Ukrainian soldiers that tried to surrender in the days following this video? That's right.

I extremely don't believe that the only thing preventing Russian magnanimity is (alleged) lack of reciprocation.

I'm not defending killing PoWs which is indeed abominable, I am questioning what constitutes a PoW. A prisoner is someone who acknowledges that the battle, or even the entire war, is pointless and surrenders, not someone who can't speak because he got got and is now dying.

Simple as.

As a Guardian reader, I'm only going to be impressed when they form a Black Legion from African students there.
I extremely don't believe that the only thing preventing Russian magnanimity is (alleged) lack of reciprocation.
That's not the point, this is simple cause and effect, atrocity and revenge.

Scholz said that a lot of weapons and equipment had been sent already and that further deliveries would follow. "We will deliver whatever we can in terms of weapons from the current stocks of the Bundeswehr, everything that makes sense and has a rapid impact," he said.

Germany is specifically considering sending “Marder” light tanks, armored vehicles equipped with anti-tank missiles. The German defense company Rheinmetall has signaled it could provide 100 such tanks, which are currently standing on the firm’s grounds, officials said.

Politicians are also discussing whether Berlin could similarly supply its world-class, heavy-combat “Leopard” tanks to Ukraine. “Rheinmetall reportedly has not only Marder standing around but also heavier weapons,” said the Greens’ Hofreiter.

Ukraine’s ambassador to Germany, Andriy Melnyk, told Deutschlandfunk radio on Thursday that Kyiv is “expecting” Berlin to deliver Marder and Leopard tanks, as well as the anti-aircraft “Gepard” tank.
Imagine those German "animals" in Ukraine. Sadly they require training that doesn't seem feasible right now.

The West needs to move in soon, with everything, not least taking over the airspace.

Many reasons. I want Ukraine to win the war. Weapon supplies from the west are slowing down.
Russia now has a good grip on a large part of the country, perhaps trying to tear it in half. They are ramping up their efforts with more troops.
They keep mass murdering and raping and pillaging. That we could smash Russia means we should.
The war won't end until Russia is defeated. The faster the better.

The worst that can happen is Russian capture of the entire Donetsk and Luhansk regions and some kind of land bridge to Crimea, followed by tortured negotiations that will end in effective truce based on status quo, if not a deal. That's acceptable to the West in the short term.
Time is working against Russia, as sanctions will take time to really take effect. So we can afford to wait instead of provoking an unpredictable war.

Why are you so eager for a shooting war with Russia? Everything short of war seems to be working fine as a policy.
37xfrf.png

Is it really though? Working, I mean? Because as far as I can tell it's not our sanctions which made them halt, retreat and focus their troops on a smaller objective.

My friends wife is from Belarus and while she hasn't lived there for over a decade, she does frequently visit her family there. Over they're dirt poor, living on a small farm. They trade honey with their neighbours for eggs, they hunt small game so they can put meat on the table and they have a small basement full of jars with all sorts of vegetables and food, to eat during winter.
They used to sent money to them every month for clothes, medicine and some other "luxuries" we deem necessities.

They cant do that anymore due to the sanctions. The dirt poor become poorer, the rich stay rich and the middle class cant go to McDonalds or Ikea anymore. The sanctions aren't doing whats needed in the pace thats needed. The last sanction package provided by the EU banned some coal imports? Which was what, 23% of Russias coal export?

I think I provided this analogy here once before, on how they prepare frogs in restaurants. They dont throw them in boiling water, the frogs would just jump out. They lower them in cold water and slowly raise the temperature so the frogs stay docile and let themselves be boiled alive.

When the packages are getting smaller and smaller we're just slowly raising the temperature. But we dont want the frogs docile. We want the frogs to go out on the streets and revolt. So we need to quickly get this water boiling.

Looks like Mariupol is falling and conquering Odessa is next on the list. Black Sea dominance.

I suggest you check out NUKEMAP re the blast radius of a 100mt airburst nuke targeting the closest city to your home before advocating escalation.
"Nukes" will not be used. It will remain a war for Ukraine.
Besides, we can just "gift" troops and everything else to Ukraine as they cross the border :xf-tongue:

D5YE9.jpg

Looks like Mariupol is falling and conquering Odessa is next on the list. Black Sea dominance.
Why? They can`t take it as long as Nikolayev is not taken, especially if Ukraine gets anti-ship missiles. Everything that I read so far suggests that they are going for the JFO + Dnipro and Zaporizhia.

Back
Top Bottom