I have questions about the order of battle screen and splitting groups in combat.

Users who are viewing this thread

First I often enter a battle and am show an "empty formation" icon like this and can't start the battle until I get rid of it.
p4N3x.jpg

^what's this trying to tell me and what's the point? What I do is I click the infantry and and a sword icon to it, then it show I have an empty infantry formation and can start the battle.
But nothing changed so what's the point?

Next, I try to transfer troops during battle, I do this most battles (in past games) to pincer the enemy and finish the battle, but although it opens I can't figure out how to select how many to transfer, I can just more all of them. I want 1/2 not all.
w0P-C.jpg

I just don't know what to press or if this is just bugged.
Likewise sometimes I would like to just split my HA into a second group at the order of battle screen, but I can't figure out how, I can select a commander for a ground but I can't figure out how to give it 1/2 the horse archers!
5qPci.jpg

What do press to put 40 of those HA into group 2 with Kinteg (who has a long glaive, making him best husband again!)

what's this trying to tell me and what's the point?
In the screeshot you shared, this would be a bug(since there is already an infanty formation, Formation I) but normally this is required so any reinforcements of that troop type, has somewhere to go. We'll address this bug before OoB leaves beta. I'll aim for this Monday.

Next, I try to transfer troops during battle, I do this most battles (in past games) to pincer the enemy and finish the battle, but although it opens I can't figure out how to select how many to transfer, I can just more all of them. I want 1/2 not all.
This is also a bug, we are going to address it.

Likewise sometimes I would like to just split my HA into a second group at the order of battle screen, but I can't figure out how
You need to set one of the empty formations as Horse Archers. In the screenshot you shared they would be Formations III, V, VI, VII and VIII.

In the screeshot you shared, this would be a bug(since there is already an infanty formation, Formation I) but normally this is required so any reinforcements of that troop type, has somewhere to go. We'll address this bug before OoB leaves beta. I'll aim for this Monday.

This is also a bug, we are going to address it.

You need to set one of the empty formations as Horse Archers. In the screenshot you shared they would be Formations III, V, VI, VII and VIII.
Thank you so much for the quick reply! Thanksfor the big update too btw!

Great, thanks for the clarification...I just posted the exact same screenshots!
So some of the problems I ran into seem to be a bug. I thought I just did not know what I was doing. I did revert to pre-beta 1.7.0 just now, because I am not able to play my battles in a satisfactory manner.
But again, this is an amazing addition to the battle system...especially if we get the old assignment system back!

Back
Top Bottom