Is this Patch 1.7.0 the final version of the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gandamula

Sergeant at Arms
I'm just asking because you made a huge jump in numbers, and eventually the game has to be finished one day. Off course it will patched as any other game.

I'm just asking because you made a huge jump in numbers
Just want to add that patch numbers are (kinda) arbitrary and doesn't really have to reach, say, 1.6.9 before going to 1.7.0, so they didn't "jump" over anything. The middle numbers are like milestones they decided on, and they would move the proper number when they reach one. The last digit is just whatever amount of patches they need while working to the next milestone. This also means that there's no standard to assume like, the development would end after 1.9.0 or something like that. As I said, they're kinda arbitrary.

Well, that is usually how it's done anyway. I have no inside info to confirm that Taleworlds is working like this too. For all we know, they might be deciding their numbers based on some mythical calendar dug up from a niche Turkish sci-fi novel.

I'm just asking because you made a huge jump in numbers, and eventually the game has to be finished one day. Off course it will patched as any other game.
No.
there is one big part left missing at minimum: relation impact.
the charm skill tree update in 1.7 give you a glimpse that the work on relation&vassal gameplay is still a thing. that is what i expect at least. i do hope that relation is having the same impact as it had in warband, if not better.
also, not all the things mentioned in the future plans update are implemented yet: banner bearers, cut scences and additional battle maps.
in the end you are not wrong saying that 1.7 is a huge jump of the games quality.

Last edited:
The 1.7.0 patch was a great step in the right direction - I will agree with that, in fact there's no agreeing - it's obvious! But aside from that, definitely not. Here are some things that I feel they would need to work on in order to hit the "nearly finished" milestone (in my opinion of course)

- Further development/testing of the new systems added (Battle Terrain/Order of Battle etc)
- Fixing as many bugs as they can
- Balancing troops, weapons and economy as much as possible
- Working/reworking/fixing the perk system as much as they can
- Adding Custom servers for MP / providing more love to MP
- More and more modding adjustments + Mod Workshop
- Adding as many fan favorite Warband mechanics/features
- Complete Elephant DLC

According to their plan, they at minimum still want to add banner bearers, party templates, cutscenes, sally out missions, claimant quests, main quest voiceovers, 100+ unique castle/town/field battle scenes. As well as any other features not yet officially announced. The criminal enterprises system, for example.

So this could possibly be the last version, but I think there's a good chance they may decide to use 1.8 to delinate that they have finished putting all major/medium features/content in, then do a number of iterations of 1.8.X while they polish and balance those features, then do official release after that.

The game doesn't have a release date - when it does; THAT will be the 'final' version.

Though as we already know TW want to sell DLC; so support for this game will still be going on for years yet.

The game doesn't have a release date - when it does; THAT will be the 'final' version.

Though as we already know TW want to sell DLC; so support for this game will still be going on for years yet.
DLCs are a legitimate way to earn extra money as long as they don't purposely hamper the Mods.

'I have a quick question.' If this was the last patch then why is this question useless? My thing is when are they going to post another video about whats next because I have a short list of things that I think are necessary for this game to be finished at least for me. Roaming deserter parties like in Warband, Feast that are more cinematic like a scene from Game of Thrones, culturally unique weddings and filling in missing dialogue.

There are no major features on their roadmap remaining (banners are not a major feature), so it makes sense they'll take smaller steps now both in content and release numbers. Once they decide it's good enough for you guys, they'll release what they have and fart in your general direction.
'I have a quick question.'
Never mind.
They could simply remove it when they are done and not fill it up with additional dialogs. I think they are using it with test dialogs that are not released.

There are no major features on their roadmap remaining (banners are not a major feature),
56911483.jpg

I dunno, I feel that non-war mechanics remain somewhat barebones, except perhaps trade.
A common thread in dev posts is that many aspects of the simulation only appear barebones because very little info about them is presented to the player. But the complexity is somewhat visible from the sensitivity of the economy and notables to seemingly minor patch tweaks.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom