little sandbox mode detail

Users who are viewing this thread

since we got the nice sandbox mode can you please remove the traces of details in your character info of having perents who died in a freaking inn raid?

please consider this adlist..
tnx <3

Too compliated
since we got the nice sandbox mode
Too complimented

I think at some point it would be good have 1 game mode with MANY MANY starting option, some similar to the campaign start but many other different and wit various boons or challenges.

What I don't like is having the entire game balanced around you having a 4 members+ spouses and then just butchering it into a mode where you just don't have clan members and spouses. There needs to be some alternative or compensation, you can't just gut core mechanics form the player and call it sandbox.

There needs to be some alternative or compensation, you can't just gut core mechanics form the player and call it sandbox.
They've said they'll make a sandbox mode they never said how good it would be. Besides it's pretty apparent they don't understand what makes a good rpg so it shouldn't surprise you they can't do this either. Taleworlds has told us they don't want the game to be anything more than what it is now a fast action paced combat simulator. I really wouldn't expect them to anything else, just about everything they do is low effort.

They've said they'll make a sandbox mode they never said how good it would be. Besides it's pretty apparent they don't understand what makes a good rpg so it shouldn't surprise you they can't do this either. Taleworlds has told us they don't want the game to be anything more than what it is now a fast action paced combat simulator. I really wouldn't expect them to anything else, just about everything they do is low effort.
Yeah, mods hopefully will ad content and options to the game. I just feel like the sandbox needs to at least have sand in it. Put your hand down Aserai desert!

combat simulator
This gets me mad because it's not even much of a combat simulator, it's really clunky and unbalanced and they've been really slow to do anything about it. It's completely unclear if they have vision for it or they're just going to tinker around until a deadline. But yeah MODS for that too hopefully. RTS command is already a good improvement.

Yeah, mods hopefully will ad content and options to the game. I just feel like the sandbox needs to at least have sand in it. Put your hand down Aserai desert!

combat simulator
This gets me mad because it's not even much of a combat simulator, it's really clunky and unbalanced and they've been really slow to do anything about it. It's completely unclear if they have vision for it or they're just going to tinker around until a deadline. But yeah MODS for that too hopefully. RTS command is already a good improvement.
Sadly while Taleworlds may be a bigger company they haven't improved as a studio. What we have now is Warband, but some shineys: better graphics, bigger battles a few elements like perks and smithing thrown in so people can claim the game is a step forward. If that's what people want then fine, but it's not what I want. I expected Bannerlord to be a big step up from VC.
I believe Talesworlds wants to make a great game but they don't know how, so eventually you get what we have now a platform for mods. Imho mods should enhance the game or make different aspects important or improve the QoL but an overhaul shouldn't be necessary to get enjoyment out of a game, cue incoming people "but I'm having fun" for those who haven't figured it out I'm speaking for myself. I do have to ask myself how many people on these forums are playing the game right now with mods, and if so how many, and why they feel the need? That's questions that TW should be asking but it's something they never thought of or even care about.
I'll admit individual combat is more fluid than WB but battles don't better because formations are so utterly pointless, the pace of battle is far too fast, there is no control of formations besides the in the most simplistic way, and armor/damage calculations are so skewed towards "fast action" that armor feels useless. It makes those who want more than fast action game :poop: out of luck. I tried playing the game recently and was appalled at how barebones the game still feels. I doubt I'll be playing anytime soon because I don't see any advancement of this game until modders can remake it and that could take years.

Sadly while Taleworlds may be a bigger company they haven't improved as a studio. What we have now is Warband, but some shineys: better graphics, bigger battles a few elements like perks and smithing thrown in so people can claim the game is a step forward. If that's what people want then fine, but it's not what I want. I expected Bannerlord to be a big step up from VC.
I believe Talesworlds wants to make a great game but they don't know how, so eventually you get what we have now a platform for mods. Imho mods should enhance the game or make different aspects important or improve the QoL but an overhaul shouldn't be necessary to get enjoyment out of a game, cue incoming people "but I'm having fun" for those who haven't figured it out I'm speaking for myself. I do have to ask myself how many people on these forums are playing the game right now with mods, and if so how many, and why they feel the need? That's questions that TW should be asking but it's something they never thought of or even care about.
I'll admit individual combat is more fluid than WB but battles don't better because formations are so utterly pointless, the pace of battle is far too fast, there is no control of formations besides the in the most simplistic way, and armor/damage calculations are so skewed towards "fast action" that armor feels useless. It makes those who want more than fast action game :poop: out of luck. I tried playing the game recently and was appalled at how barebones the game still feels. I doubt I'll be playing anytime soon because I don't see any advancement of this game until modders can remake it and that could take years.

I agree fully.

all i ask for for this already exist sandbox mode is to not see that i have freaking dead perents in my clan page..they removed the quests..they removed the brother and sister and all that..yet they left the freakin perents....

lazy work or they just missed it..
they still should freaking remove them and i hope they will and if you dev see this please for the love of jeremus do it already!

i was literly just now lunching the editor in the motivation to creat a mod that would fix the floating butts in aserai and kuzait taverns..but then i tought..."im not getting paid for this...its not my freaking job"..

if i knew how to remove my dead perents from my clan roster ill do it too maybe...but again..its should be done by the dev not us the costumers...

ill do what others do and just wait for the game to be officialy out and hope they will polish it..

I'll admit individual combat is more fluid than WB but battles don't better because formations are so utterly pointless, the pace of battle is far too fast, there is no control of formations besides the in the most simplistic way, and armor/damage calculations are so skewed towards "fast action" that armor feels useless. It makes those who want more than fast action game :poop: out of luck.
I'd have to disagree, I've had numerous field battles that the changing formations or readjustments via drag and click were essential to victory. Changing between line, shieldwall, and square formation can be extremely useful based on the enemy troop type or order of their formation's attack. Maybe it's because I usually fighter significantly larger armies than what I have, but I definitely get that total war feel where you can take advantage of position or formation types to win.

Back
Top Bottom