I hope it's a joke

Users who are viewing this thread

Skins are fine, but custom server is way more important for sure
They are fine (As long as they are earned not purchased) if they are implemented once Multiplayer has an active and healthy playerbase, otherwise it's a cash grab. We all know that TW's first cash grab's money didn't go towards development so where would this skin money go towards? Steak? Hotels?

I'm not arguing that - bannerlord MP has undoubtedly failed to grab a lasting audience. I just don't consider Warband a triumph in numbers alone. loyalty and retention yes - but it never had any wide appeal.
I don't really see this "wide appeal" argument. Why does it need a wide appeal? The current Warband MP playerbase in EU is almost totally different to what it was 5 years ago, and that was almost completely different to what it was 5 years before that. People get involved through the community, through different mods and through the game's provision of a customisable MP experience depending on what areas of it you engage with. If you claim Warband never had wide appeal, surely you concede Bannerlord has basically no appeal whatsoever in comparison - since its more linear, yet poorly planned MP has failed to attract many new players or many of the existing Warband players.

Warband's MP succeeded in so many ways, especially considering how janky and dated many aspects of it are. An updated, but largely the same, MP would have been far more successful than the attempt to revamp it that was made with Bannerlord.

I don't really see this "wide appeal" argument. Why does it need a wide appeal? The current Warband MP playerbase in EU is almost totally different to what it was 5 years ago, and that was almost completely different to what it was 5 years before that. People get involved through the community, through different mods and through the game's provision of a customisable MP experience depending on what areas of it you engage with. If you claim Warband never had wide appeal, surely you concede Bannerlord has basically no appeal whatsoever in comparison - since its more linear, yet poorly planned MP has failed to attract many new players or many of the existing Warband players.

Warband's MP succeeded in so many ways, especially considering how janky and dated many aspects of it are. An updated, but largely the same, MP would have been far more successful than the attempt to revamp it that was made with Bannerlord.
Does it need wide appeal? perhaps not - but it certainly would have been nice if more then 200-300 people played it. I absolutely concede bannerlord has failed to achieve it's MP goals - though I don't blame TW for trying necessarily. However it is time just to hand over to custom severs and focus on SP.

I honestly really like to get new skins and rewards for playing the game and grinding. It just gives you motivation to continue coming back and keep going. Especially newcomers need something to get hooked, its not enough to just have a fun gameplay alone. There is good reason why every popular multiplayer has cosmetic rewards, there are lots and lots of people who like it.

No, you should only be rewarded for your skill. Multiplayer is purely skill based. If someone is walking around with a skin that they bought it disincentives the competitive side to compete for them, and TaleWorlds will just make a profit that way and lose track of what's important. We have all seen this happen in so many games...

Selling something to the casual fanbase is what sustains virtually all major competitive games. This won't work for Bannerlord because somewhat different looking armors doesn't appeal to casuals.

But I don't understand how you managed to reach the conclusion that skins are bad for competitive games. Unless you think every single current esport isn't competitive.

F2P and they make their money off of selling skins to casuals:

CS:GO – 596,590 Peak, 224.13 Average
LoL – 802,000 Peak, 248,180 Average
DOTA 2 – 605,000 Peak, 197,380 Average
PUBG Mobile – 3,801,998 Peak, 528,822 Average

F2P and purchased with same monetization scheme:

Call of Duty – 131,000 Peak, 63,073 Average
Rocket League – 194,623 Peak, 127,358 Average
PUBG – 221,903 Peak, 118,504 Average
Overwatch – 113,115 Peak, 72,006 Average
Rainbow Six – 96,668 Peak, 56,861 Average

Same thing:

Garena Free Fire – 1,460,906 Peak, 98,509 Average
Fortnite – 294,477 Peak, 236,367 Average
Kings of Glory/Arena of Valor – 394,158 Peak, 81,353 Average
VALORANT – 363,101 Peak, 147, 293 Average

Bottom tier, I don't know if the Starcraft games have skins, and FIFA and hearthstone are essentially P2W so it probably doesn't matter. But even then Hearthstone has purchasable cosmetics.

StarCraft II – 87,478 Peak, 42,535 Average
StarCraft – 11,674 Peak, 5,697 Average
FIFA – 188,033 Peak, 135,863 Average
Hearthstone – 11,527 Peak, 7,535 Average

Nevermind, obviously, starcraft has skins:

Also lol hearthstone almost has no players left

Maybe you're confusing ranked rewards with skins. I'm pretty sure every game in the spoiler has both of those, for good reason.

Im conflicted on it.
I assume there'll be paid skins, for the sake of argument I'll keep assuming that until I hear a direct "no, never gonna happen" from taleworld themself.

On one side, we paid full price for this game, selling cosmetic ontop of that really doesnt sit well with me. Having normal skin unlocks through progression and loot boxes I dont really mind, I've never bought lootboxes for a game so I probably wouldnt now.

On the other side, this is how gaming is now. Bleed the consumers for as much as you can because gamers have zero backbone and will pay for it no matter what. Taleworld would just be following the trend.
I also dont mind supporting the company if they put effort into MULTIPLAYER. Theres tons of things TW could add that wouldnt lessen the experience for other players, but would increase the enjoyment for the user.
I'd throw some money at cosmetics etc if I think the game is worth it, doing it right now is...risky...

Like I've said before.
Add Rename a weapon tool
Add Stattrack (keeps track of how many people you've killed with that weapon)
Could also make it level up, pretty sure TF2 did something like that?
Highlight the weapon when its used to kill.
Bundle that for a couple of euros and it'll sell like wildfire.

I kind of like the Idea of Skins but jest, we should definitively have other thinks first .Might not be an option because of which parts of the dev-team are able to work on which mechanics.

Even from a cosmetic standpoint I'd still want:
??️Custumizable Banners: Atm the symbols on your shield aren't even consistent with the symbols on the scoreboard and this would make identifying players much easier.
?‍?Propper Red Hair: The supposedly red options look more like dark brown in most lightings.
?Bug Fixes in the character Editor, especially the age reset bug.

We need private multiplayer and we have skins ... seriously the majority of the community is not 8 years old. Don't forget the star wars skins, Santa Claus skins, barbie skins ... let's go to create a new Fortnite !

Sans_titre_1.jpg
Long term motivation to play may not be underestimated.

Im conflicted on it.
I assume there'll be paid skins, for the sake of argument I'll keep assuming that until I hear a direct "no, never gonna happen" from taleworld themself.

On one side, we paid full price for this game, selling cosmetic ontop of that really doesnt sit well with me. Having normal skin unlocks through progression and loot boxes I dont really mind, I've never bought lootboxes for a game so I probably wouldnt now.

On the other side, this is how gaming is now. Bleed the consumers for as much as you can because gamers have zero backbone and will pay for it no matter what. Taleworld would just be following the trend.
I also dont mind supporting the company if they put effort into MULTIPLAYER. Theres tons of things TW could add that wouldnt lessen the experience for other players, but would increase the enjoyment for the user.
I'd throw some money at cosmetics etc if I think the game is worth it, doing it right now is...risky...

Like I've said before.
Add Rename a weapon tool
Add Stattrack (keeps track of how many people you've killed with that weapon)
Could also make it level up, pretty sure TF2 did something like that?
Highlight the weapon when its used to kill.
Bundle that for a couple of euros and it'll sell like wildfire.
Its hard to tell what the skins will be looking like, but I hope they will be good looking. At least, it wouldn't be a complete waste then. If the skins are ugly or meh then it makes it harder to distinguish classes and perks and on top theyre not even nice to see.

The problem is that mp is still garbage, skins or no skins, all these new features take away from the development time and effort towards custom servers, which will allow the community to make mp not ****ty. TW knows this, and they ignore us.

The problem is that mp is still garbage, skins or no skins, all these new features take away from the development time and effort towards custom servers, which will allow the community to make mp not ****ty. TW knows this, and they ignore us.
Too much effort for TW's to change, once it's done it's done. Unless we hear something from the devs, but nope.

Back
Top Bottom