Nezerete's folly ruined the game for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Just as the title says. First run through of Bannerlord and I didnt understand why Taleworlds would make me do an arduous task 10 TIMES!!!! NOT 5 NOT 7, 10 TIMES AND HOURS LATER! Consequences? The player feels run down out of time and ultimately over it before the game actually starts. I dont care, say it only took you 10 minutes I will call bul****. It takes atleast a couple hours to complete seeing the AI isnt perfect and costs you added time.

Now, lets say after the player runs his first faction and decides the game is much fun she wants to try again with another faction.. oh wait, you gotta go through the redundant swamp that is nezeretes folly. Yes, redundant is THE word best to describe the opening experience to Bannerlord. I'd play it again but my spirit is shattered after noble 6 or 7. For the love of god reduce the requirement to 6 or 5. Either that or give the player something meaningful to do in the mean time.

Does anyone even play campaign or is it a joke? Really I feel like a sucker for trying to give it multiple runs. Should I just be playing multiplayer?

You don't have to complete the quest. You can start your kingdom at tier 4 (instead of 3); nothing more, nothing less.
Also, roam the map and you will find all of them regardless, you do not have to chase them. As a last resort, just check the encyclopedia to see where they were last seen.

Just as the title says. First run through of Bannerlord and I didnt understand why Taleworlds would make me do an arduous task 10 TIMES!!!! NOT 5 NOT 7, 10 TIMES AND HOURS LATER! Consequences? The player feels run down out of time and ultimately over it before the game actually starts. I dont care, say it only took you 10 minutes I will call bul****. It takes atleast a couple hours to complete seeing the AI isnt perfect and costs you added time.

Now, lets say after the player runs his first faction and decides the game is much fun she wants to try again with another faction.. oh wait, you gotta go through the redundant swamp that is nezeretes folly. Yes, redundant is THE word best to describe the opening experience to Bannerlord. I'd play it again but my spirit is shattered after noble 6 or 7. For the love of god reduce the requirement to 6 or 5. Either that or give the player something meaningful to do in the mean time.

Does anyone even play campaign or is it a joke? Really I feel like a sucker for trying to give it multiple runs. Should I just be playing multiplayer?
no1 force you to do this quest. they are no needed at all

You don't have to complete the quest. You can start your kingdom at tier 4 (instead of 3); nothing more, nothing less.
Also, roam the map and you will find all of them regardless, you do not have to chase them. As a last resort, just check the encyclopedia to see where they were last seen.
no1 force you to do this quest. they are no needed at all
You're absolutely right. Thank you.

The quest is optional. No content is locked behind it.
Perhaps it should be an option when you start a campaign to simply disable it.

I don't mind the grind of it ... what I mind is that the whole story feels crap. I don't care about it. The whole pieces of the banner thing and the end of this silly pseudo-roman empire. It's simply not a well crafted story.

Wow this has really got on your nerves as you decided to nick yourself with the quest name...

If you go about your normal business for several years, you inevitably bump into most of the lords you need to meet. They move around and do stuff. There's no need to go chasing them, until maybe you're missing one or two and want to get it done.

I don't mind the grind of it ... what I mind is that the whole story feels crap. I don't care about it. The whole pieces of the banner thing and the end of this silly pseudo-roman empire. It's simply not a well crafted story.
Bits of the dialogue about the battle are actually ok - like Godun's bit about Raganvad insulting his most powerful vassal and his main ally, or the conflicts it highlights amongst the Vlandian lords - but they don't feed into anything else without more complex diplomacy - and the banner stuff is just irrelevant.

It's a half-assed abomination of a story. They don't have talent for writing and should leave it to modders. The best part of starting a M&B game is the complete open-endedness of it. Any energy they spend on the main quest is energy that should be directed toward the other half-assed and or missing core features.

A friend of mine has a term for the quality of craftsmanship we're seeing from TW now. "Just-enoughers." Just enough to get by and say the task was performed.

I am starting to think there are not enough Mexxicos to polish this turd.

Bits of the dialogue about the battle are actually ok - like Godun's bit about Raganvad insulting his most powerful vassal and his main ally, or the conflicts it highlights amongst the Vlandian lords - but they don't feed into anything else without more complex diplomacy - and the banner stuff is just irrelevant.
They actually cut the best story from the game:
Raganvad alludes to it with his (seemingly off-hand) remark about bringing his vassals into line. It was supposed to be whichever clan Siga is a part of had one of their daughters married off to a Khuzait (Arkit, judging by game files) to help secure his eastern border. The girl didn't want it, her family didn't want it but Raganvad pulled his Grand Prince card and forced it through. So Siga goes in solo for her sister, rescues her and burns the dude's (the Khuzait clan's) castle down in the process. Of course the Khuzaits flip their **** and threaten war, so Raganvad promises to make things good and does it by cutting the head off Siga's sister and returning that to the Khuzaits to fulfill the marriage contract. That's why Siga's clan is extra spicy towards Raganvad.

They actually cut the best story from the game:
Raganvad alludes to it with his (seemingly off-hand) remark about bringing his vassals into line. It was supposed to be whichever clan Siga is a part of had one of their daughters married off to a Khuzait (Arkit, judging by game files) to help secure his eastern border. The girl didn't want it, her family didn't want it but Raganvad pulled his Grand Prince card and forced it through. So Siga goes in solo for her sister, rescues her and burns the dude's (the Khuzait clan's) castle down in the process. Of course the Khuzaits flip their **** and threaten war, so Raganvad promises to make things good and does it by cutting the head off Siga's sister and returning that to the Khuzaits to fulfill the marriage contract. That's why Siga's clan is extra spicy towards Raganvad.
Yep, more like that would help add some depth and context - especially then if there could be quests tying into those tensions within kingdoms, to improve relations with clans, rather than just giving them some horses, grain or cash.

Last edited:
I always just use the 'Cultured Start' mod which lets you remove the main questline. I don't see the point in doing it until it's fully implemented.

The problem is even though its a Sandbox game it needs at least 1 of 3 things:

A. A coherent enjoyable Main story with some production value
B. A coherent and enjoyable Kingdom/Clan Management with decisions having noticeably real world consequence and effect
C. World Events occasionally happening ie "Holy Crusade has begun! Invasion of Barbarian! A new Land has been Discovered over the Sea" etc..

This game has an extremely almost laughable flimsy A, a haphazard B which is the only one being worked on yet has a long way to go, and as far as I know their is no C.

I WAS WRONG! You do not NEED to complete Nezerets Folly to join a faction or make your own to start the game. To be fair, this is my first M&B series ive played and the way the game leads the player to join a faction or start your own was only available through information of the mission completion. I had no way of knowing until the game has given me that information. Idk since im reading the entire dialogues maybe implement some info that would give the player an option on how to pursue the game.

Back
Top Bottom