Nezerete's folly ruined the game for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

About the main quest... I cannot be sure but I believe there was a poll a while ago and majority of players voted for keeping it ingame so the content will be added as soon(c) as all bugs and mechanics are fixed.

I WAS WRONG! You do not NEED to complete Nezerets Folly to join a faction or make your own to start the game. To be fair, this is my first M&B series ive played and the way the game leads the player to join a faction or start your own was only available through information of the mission completion. I had no way of knowing until the game has given me that information. Idk since im reading the entire dialogues maybe implement some info that would give the player an option on how to pursue the game.
Huh? You can create a kingdom / join another one without presenting the dragon banner.

I WAS WRONG! You do not NEED to complete Nezerets Folly to join a faction or make your own to start the game. To be fair, this is my first M&B series ive played and the way the game leads the player to join a faction or start your own was only available through information of the mission completion. I had no way of knowing until the game has given me that information. Idk since im reading the entire dialogues maybe implement some info that would give the player an option on how to pursue the game.
You're not wrong in thinking that. At the start of the EA, you actually did have to progress through the quest before you could declare a kingdom, but they removed that requirement later on because nobody wanted to do it a second time.

Im resigned. Campaign is crap. Constantly fighting bandits at night is tedious and hurts my eyes. How many looters do I have to kill while blind to get to a playable party size limit? Too long, too god damn long. I'll revisit this title if and when they make a playable campaign and just flat out make the experience bearable until the game opens up. Really strong end game, absolute dismal start game.
Who needs it? Seriously many many many great titles with a good playable start to finish experience.

The "main quest" should be completely removed from the game, for the good of the game. It's not fun, it's not interesting, it's obnoxious, and nobody cares about it.

Not only that, and I don't know if this is the case anymore, but a modder many patches ago many months ago now, found that a big reason for much of the overworld lag/performance issues, was due to the main quest. Removing the main quest improved the performance in the overworld map by alot. Again, I don't know if this is the case anymore, if the performance issues related to that quest were fixed or not, but that says something about just how bad it was, not just in terms of original content, but also technically.

I don't mind the grind of it ... what I mind is that the whole story feels crap. I don't care about it. The whole pieces of the banner thing and the end of this silly pseudo-roman empire. It's simply not a well crafted story.
You didn't mention the illogical nature of the sibling rescue. The shortest time it's taken me to rescue them has been about half a game-year. I'm supposed to believe that this slaver took half a year to get around to visiting the slave market? He just spent that whole time hanging onto them and feeding them for no reason? It makes no sense.

Not to mention how incredibly stupid Radagos was to come to me to help him get revenge on his ex-partner, without even asking a promise of clemency from me, with the subsequent (and entirely predictable) result of Radagos's execution by my hand.

The whole thing says "placeholder" to me. I know Taleworlds is capable of much better writing than this.

Last edited:
Just use Cultured start mod to play sandbox and disable bull**** main quest or mod called Telepathy to talk with lords via distance.

Generally i very much agree that the main quest storyline requires essential re-work...
You didn't mention the illogical nature of the sibling rescue. The shortest time it's taken me to rescue them has been about half a game-year. I'm supposed to believe that this slaver took half a year to get around to visiting the slave market? He just spent that whole time hanging onto them and feeding them for no reason? It makes no sense.
This guy resides in the Pen Cannoc. I have recently started a new playthrough and he popped up there immediately after (It happened 2nd time i played e1.5.8 with the new character). I don't know for sure - maybe its a pure 'luck' i found him there. I didn't pay to much attention to "Neretzes Folly" recently but i believe somewhere in the storyline has to be a rescue clue where to start from. Or am i wrong at this point ?
Not to mention how incredibly stupid Radagos was to come to me to help him get revenge on his ex-partner, even knowing that I was the brother of the kids he kidnapped, with the subsequent (and obvious) result of Radagos's execution by my hand.
Yup +1. You should be able to track them down different way without having option to show mercy ;p

Why are you still fighting looters past the first hour of the game?
I fight looters to train my archers all the game, they are the best way to level they without danger, I mainly look for big looters parties, but I don't take prisioneiers or, in late game, I don't even loot..lotters.

This guy resides in the Pen Cannoc. I have recently started a new playthrough and he popped up there immediately after (It happened 2nd time i played e1.5.8 with the new character). I don't know for sure - maybe its a pure 'luck' i found him there. I didn't pay to much attention to "Neretzes Folly" recently but i believe somewhere in the storyline has to be a rescue clue where to start from. Or am i wrong at this point ?
It isn't possible to find your siblings until you reach clan tier 2. That's when Radagos returns. It typically takes me about half a game-year to reach tier 2; not because of difficulties in battle, but because of being unable to find enough bandits to fight.

I start out with low scouting skill, and I'm choosey about companions, so I'm wandering around half-blind on the campaign map looking for looters, but not finding any for long periods of time. Each game-day is actually somewhere around a week in terms of how much of a fraction of a year has elapsed, so every 'day' I waste wandering around looking for looters quickly adds up. At that low level, I can't afford lots of riding horses to speed up my party, either.

But the issue is less how long it takes me to progress to that point in the quest, and more that the game doesn't react logically to me taking so long to find them. I don't mind having to spend a few game-months building up my forces before rescuing my siblings, but if that's the case, then I expect them to have been already sold at the slave markets, and I'll be assaulting some place that's using slave labor, not a slaver camp that's just been chilling with them for months on end.

In short, it doesn't matter how quickly it's possible to reach that point in the questline; the point is that the questline doesn't make sense, in particular regarding logical continuity.

It isn't possible to find your siblings until you reach clan tier 2. That's when Radagos returns. It typically takes me about half a game-year to reach tier 2; not because of difficulties in battle, but because of being unable to find enough bandits to fight.

I start out with low scouting skill, and I'm choosey about companions, so I'm wandering around half-blind on the campaign map looking for looters, but not finding any for long periods of time. Each game-day is actually somewhere around a week in terms of how much of a fraction of a year has elapsed, so every 'day' I waste wandering around looking for looters quickly adds up. At that low level, I can't afford lots of riding horses to speed up my party, either.

But the issue is less how long it takes me to progress to that point in the quest, and more that the game doesn't react logically to me taking so long to find them. I don't mind having to spend a few game-months building up my forces before rescuing my siblings, but if that's the case, then I expect them to have been already sold at the slave markets, and I'll be assaulting some place that's using slave labor, not a slaver camp that's just been chilling with them for months on end.

In short, it doesn't matter how quickly it's possible to reach that point in the questline; the point is that the questline doesn't make sense, in particular regarding logical continuity.
Got it. Didn't know the level 2 requirement is embedded in the game. I have been fighting looters a lot in my recent early game and Radagos poped up twice in Pen Cannoc recently - this i think blurred my perception. You have got a point here, thanks for explaining.

Got it. Didn't know the level 2 requirement is embedded in the game. I have been fighting looters a lot in my recent early game and Radagos poped up twice in Pen Cannoc recently - this i think blurred my perception. You have got a point here, thanks for explaining.
yea the return of Radagos is kinda jarring to the point ive completely forgot about that quest upon the revisit. the pacing is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

1. if you do the tutorial you can rescue your siblings right in the tutorial
2.without tutorial the hideout of your siblings apprears there, where you fullfill all the quest requirements

Back
Top Bottom