Holsters for the horse archery bows please

Users who are viewing this thread

That would be cool, but it would introduce a complication for when you get off your horse. Do you just magically and instantly clip the holster to your belt when you get off? Do you leave the bow on the horse saddle?
So I doubt they would do it, as the downsides probably outweigh the benefits.

That would be cool, but it would introduce a complication for when you get off your horse. Do you just magically and instantly clip the holster to your belt when you get off? Do you leave the bow on the horse saddle?
So I doubt they would do it, as the downsides probably outweigh the benefits.
Yup physics problems also I agree. But instead on the horse its should be part as swords holsters part of the body dunno mayb 1+ item slot... https://images.app.goo.gl/TvsjBkpw82EKcSA99 I mean the WARBAND has holsters and its old game :grin:

Last edited:
it is called sadaq (with a dozen of variations in spelling).

I believe, devs are well-awared about it:

image.jpg

Having exclusive slots for the horse is unlikely (RDR style). IMO, one way to address the problem would be to create a certain number of 3d models as holsters for recurve/compound bows and have them operate in a similar way to how a scabbard is combined with a sword. In Wasf we see the archers carrying their sheathed bows.

elodie-perquis-screenshot017.jpg
03.jpg

That way, for aesthetic effect, we could avoid having to implement code to enable a horse inventory menu (of debatable usefulness in M&B) and to create unsheathing animations.

In other threads, I have commented about the option of having all the extra quivers and javelin bags that the player/bot carries on horseback, through a line of code to change their position from the player axis to the horse axis. With this we could have the quivers positioned vertically at the height of the back of the saddle and also the javelin bags positioned vertically in a roman style f.e. A little trick very similar to what I did in this little tweak where I "hide" the polearms and give a new position to the 2h swords taking them from the back (native) to the waist.

5f087a6955a3c1661ed21286e45d9014.jpg
209d8466a2c6809b9c735b309be55418.jpg

These two possibilities together would be interesting in my eyes.

Last edited:
Having exclusive slots for the horse is unlikely (RDR style). IMO, one way to address the problem would be to create a certain number of 3d models as holsters for recurve/compound bows and have them operate in a similar way to how a scabbard is combined with a sword. In Wasf we see the archers carrying their sheathed bows.

elodie-perquis-screenshot017.jpg
03.jpg

That way, for aesthetic effect, we could avoid having to implement code to enable a horse inventory menu (of debatable usefulness in M&B) and to create unsheathing animations.

In other threads, I have commented about the option of having all the extra quivers and javelin bags that the player/bot carries on horseback, through a line of code to change their position from the player axis to the horse axis. With this we could have the quivers positioned vertically at the height of the back of the saddle and also the javelin bags positioned vertically in a roman style f.e. A little trick very similar to what I did in this little tweak where I "hide" the polearms and give a new position to the 2h swords taking them from the back (native) to the waist.

5f087a6955a3c1661ed21286e45d9014.jpg
209d8466a2c6809b9c735b309be55418.jpg

These two possibilities together would be interesting in my eyes.
I will agree with everything, just want to see beautiful colorful even with ornaments holsters :smile: any possible way, any

I will agree with everything, just want to see beautiful colorful even with ornaments holsters :smile: any possible way, any
Definitely that would be a nice touch; however, I have to say that there are other aspects right now that need much more attention than what we are talking about here. ? ?

Definitely that would be a nice touch; however, I have to say that there are other aspects right now that need much more attention than what we are talking about here. ? ?
Also agree. Well I'll w8. Sometimes I just want to make a obs but I dont know that obs is already noted here from others since I'm new to the forum :smile: Apologize for not being word-perfect in English

hi, there is no need to apologize, English is not my mothertongue too, and sometimes i realy ashamed by what i wrote week ago :mrgreen:. the word itself came from turkic languages. In Russian it was called saadak or saidak. This word was used both for bow holster (also "naluch", literally "on the bow") and the bundle holster+quiver.

see also gorytos

cheers
Thank you and yes, I know the word, in my mother language its Садак or Sadак and yes the origins are turkic agree. Btw gorytos sounds more cool to me :smile: If you're from Turkey then I'm actually your neighbour from Bulgaria. Right now in Bulgaria this game is going on fire and its soo cool more and more are starting to play. Greetings and respect from Bulgaria :smile: and if you're not from Turkey then again greetings and respect dear brother earthling IYI

Last edited:
Thank you and yes, I know the word, in my mother language its Садак or Sadак and yes the origins are turkic agree. Btw gorytos sounds more cool to me :smile: If you're from Turkey then I'm actually your neighbour from Bulgaria. Right now in Bulgaria this game is going on fire and its soo cool more and more are starting to play. Greetings and respect from Bulgaria :smile: and if you're not from Turkey then again greetings and respect dear brother earthling IYI
no, I am from another side of Black See. thanks for kind words!

Back
Top Bottom