Recruiting lords makes the late game unplayable

Users who are viewing this thread

Aeschyli

Sergeant at Arms
Every game after I create my kingdom that save become unplayeble. Than i just quit it. As a king player could get 200-250 size party which is very slow. With that speed its like hell trying to catch npc parties. Besides there is tons of npc's and most of them not a clan leader. I don't even mention how bad the persuasion thing is.Is any development planned on this subject in the near future?

Do you use horses to speed up your party? aim for 1 horse (not sumpter) for every foot solider and you will get a huge speed bonus. get a scout also unless you have leveled it yourself.

Getting to know who the Clan leaders are just takes time and looking in the encyclopedia when you see a lord.

Level charm skill and then the persuasion is just a formality. once its 100+ or something then unless you have terrible relations with that clan you will have 80-90% chance at least on every level

Like most people in history who decide to rule the world, you've come undone by lack of preparation and lack of resources. One does not simply walk out their front door, declare a kingdom, and not have to do hard work.

My advice...

- Get your trade stats up - so you have passive reputation gain. You need a lot of money to grow a kingdom by bribing lords to join you and after a slow start, the trade tree is great for this.
- Get your charm skills up so lords like you - especially under 1.5.7 where they're less likely to attack you if they like you - This is easy to do by releasing every lord you capture after battle.
- Get your leadership stats up - I can't specifically say why, but now that my leadership is over 200, lords are falling over themselves to be my friend. You can do this by making a second or 3rd party and keeping them permanently in an army with you. I currently have 3 companion parties permanently in an army with me. They might not be completing quests and the like, but the leadership gains are great. As a bonus, you get influence by having your parties in an army - even if it's you army.

Then it's just a case of tracking down clan leaders. The ones with no fiefs are cheapest, followed by those who only own castles, followed by those who own cities. Prepare to spend millions for cities (which is why you start by building your trade skills up)

If you've got a 250-man party and are unable to chase down an enemy party, chances are, that enemy party is much smaller than yours. In which case, a solution is to divide your party and give most of your infantry to a companion, then chase down the party with your own party, which is now closer to theirs in size.

You can do very as Khuzait with 275 scouting and full mounted army.
I would only pull out 300+ to go after 1k+ army though. Otherwise a modest 100-150 khans guards is super fast and easily defeats 500 or less enemies.

Every game after I create my kingdom that save become unplayeble. Than i just quit it. As a king player could get 200-250 size party which is very slow. With that speed its like hell trying to catch npc parties. Besides there is tons of npc's and most of them not a clan leader. I don't even mention how bad the persuasion thing is.Is any development planned on this subject in the near future?
trust me, you must grind it out.

release some lords, recruit some at whatever cost.

I could have had 5-10 towns, but i have 3. I get clans to come in, at whatever cost.

I started with 1 or 2 clans, and SLOWLY made it to 9 clans... 9 clans sitll isnt a lot, and i am looking to add clans.

Kingdom building isnt easy, but you can do it.

My playthru is 2400 days.

I know all of these. I just want to say its boring. I just dont want to chase lords. Yes it could be just an option but i think we shouldnt get only one option. Some independent lords could come our capital or maybe some special companion could convert lords...

I am trying to say its not a good game design. Look encyclopedia -> Find the lord -> Save game -> Try to convince 3-4 times . These things shouldnt be luck based. In my opinion recruiting lords should depends on quests.
Greedy ones demands xxx amount gold
who recently lost his/her fief demands that fief
who lost his relative could give quest about his revenge
warmogger ones demand like declare war x faction
some of them could want marriage with her daughter/son etc.

I think these should change according to personalities. so dishonorable lords may not join your kingdom even if you do the task. Well to summerize there is so many suggestion but its probably hard to develop it. I am not angry with current situation. I think devs try to do their best with persuasion system but its not working. I am not evin reading what they say, just looking at the percentage and click it. If its fail save/load loop begin.

Oooooh... so you were just here for a bit of a moan and you were just wasting the time of all the people who offered advice.

You could have saved us the hassle by saying that in the first post.

Oooooh... so you were just here for a bit of a moan and you were just wasting the time of all the people who offered advice.

You could have saved us the hassle by saying that in the first post.

Every game after I create my kingdom that save become unplayeble. Than i just quit it. As a king player could get 200-250 size party which is very slow. With that speed its like hell trying to catch npc parties. Besides there is tons of npc's and most of them not a clan leader. I don't even mention how bad the persuasion thing is. Is any development planned on this subject in the near future?

I dont think i ask for advice. Anyway sorry for stealing your precious time. Go and save the world.

Back
Top Bottom