What we have in Bannerlord pre-release dev diaries but not in game by now

Users who are viewing this thread

Maybe we still have a long way to go from EA to Releade Bannerlord. I think the Taleworlds developers will deliver on their promises. I really want to know what else Taleworlds is going to bring to the game.It is a pity, of course, that at this point we are in the dark.
If you just want the game they promised, they pretty much already delivered. Look at the steam page, that's what they owe you.

Devs don't have to reply anything at all. This is not their job

If there 100 dev blogs we have all followed and they are used in a sense as publicity to drive interest in the game and they are all dropped -then someone damed sure needs to answer be it Devs with a follow up blog or community manager.

At the beginning of EA they said that the EA period was meant to last roughly a year. This means that we have 3 months to go.
not meant, they said we "want" to. Callum recently said, "we were and are never good at giving dates anyway", them giving a date means literally nothing
Maybe we still have a long way to go from EA to Releade Bannerlord. I think the Taleworlds developers will deliver on their promises. I really want to know what else Taleworlds is going to bring to the game.It is a pity, of course, that at this point we are in the dark.
last month mexxico said "I think the game needs 5 to 8 months of work", personally I think in late 2021 we will get it. Fall or Early winter. This means we will get at least 5 1.5.5 or 1.5.6 level updates (if we are lucky we will get updates like 1.5.6) but I don't expect that many new features, mexxico will work on AI optimizations for consoles for example so they will try to get ready for the console release.

If there 100 dev blogs we have all followed and they are used in a sense as publicity to drive interest in the game and they are all dropped -then someone damed sure needs to answer be it Devs with a follow up blog or community manager.
It would be interesting to know which features got dropped and why. I guess that really makes more sense closer to the end of EA, some stuff might still change. The post should be made by a community manager, sadly they don't seem to like communication with the community...
By the way, mexxico does a better job at community management than the official community managers, so I guess Taleworlds should pay him twice. :xf-wink:

Here is a chart I made for you mate, insert your feature and analyze it
z2hjj.png
PXDRe.jpg
Just a minor adjustment to make it more accurate.

@Callum Maybe it could be beneficial / positive to the community if you could ask the marketing/communications people to make a open statement explaining that "EA did not go at all smoothly with problems with the engine and <A-Z> was what we had in mind but due to changing priorities as well as the pandemic, we're reducing the list to <E-T> to release with the game, then we'll be looking at a <TW specific DLC> model. It wouldn't be fair to ask your developers to do the same. There needs to be an actual "Community update" about the long term and the apparant disconnect with what people thought the game was <going to be like>.

It may go to some lengths to give clarity to some of the fanbase you had before EA began and help appease people, maybe an updated end of EA date too... ^^
Why are you people hellbent on TW releasing the ****** game when they made mad bank on it despite not delivering on tons of promises, angering huge swathes of the community with bad design choices, developing EA at snails pace while leaving crucial areas such as siege AI untouched for what is soon to be an entire year?! They either clean up their mess, so I can one day say I don't regret buying the game on release or ea(not that much of a difference after after a year as of now compared to other ea titles) or I am done with this developer for good. I don't want them to release in March and start pumping out DLC to fix their game. They were one of the best selling titles on Steam last year, but many of those sales are footed on their despicable dev diary marketing campaign that is brought to light here.

Last edited:
PXDRe.jpg
Just a minor adjustment to make it more accurate.

Why are you people hellbent on TW releasing the ****** game when they made mad bank on it despite not delivering on tons of promises, angering huge swathes of the community with bad design choices, developing EA at snails pace while leaving crucial areas such as siege AI untouched for what is soon to be an entire year?! They either clean up their mess, so I can one day say I don't regret buying the game on release or ea(not that much of a difference after after a year as of now compared to other ea titles) or I am done with this developer for good. I don't want them to release in March and start pumping out DLC to fix their game. They were one of the best selling titles on Steam last year, but many of those sales are footed on their despicable dev diary marketing campaign that is brought to light here.

Are you replying to me - am I "one of those people"? I think you completely misunderstood my post.

Are you replying to me - am I "one of those people"? I think you completely misunderstood my post.
How so? If you want TW marketing to come forward and admit that EA was bad, but people can look forward to them adopting whatever kind of DLC model I would think you are okay with that.

How so? If you want TW marketing to come forward and admit that EA was bad, but people can look forward to them adopting whatever kind of DLC model I would think you are okay with that.

I'm okay with what? You're second guessing me. I'm trying to get the company to make a statement about where things are going...? Talk about jumping to conclusions about what I think or want.

I'm okay with what? You're second guessing me. I'm trying to get the company to make a statement about where things are going...? Talk about jumping to conclusions about what I think or want.
You literally wrote the statement you want them to make.

Inappropriate behavior
If you just want the game they promised, they pretty much already delivered. Look at the steam page, that's what they owe you.
They promised a whole bunch more than what is in the game right now. Quit sucking those D's man

You literally wrote the statement you want them to make.

No, I was hypothesising, you just *think* that's what I want but unfortunately your dealing with a grown up. I was only giving them a sample they could write. I've played like 60 hours of Bannerlord and play other games more and work full time. I just think they could do with saying something from a general perspective and have actual no idea what that is and openly say I don't know what it should be either?

Try being constructive and less combative.

No, I was hypothesising, you just *think* that's what I want but unfortunately your dealing with a grown up. I was only giving them a sample they could write. I've played like 60 hours of Bannerlord and play other games more and work full time. I just think they could do with saying something from a general perspective and have actual no idea what that is and openly say I don't know what it should be either?

Try being constructive and less combative.
Said the crybaby? I can only judge what I see, I can't read your mind and normally when handing out "sample text" you include your own preferences, but a fully mature person such as yourself working a full time job(wow congratulations!) obviously has a deeper thought process than the average joe is neither mature nor works full time. Don't worry, I'll be the adult here and put you on ignore since what you write and think doesn't match up anyways! I don't wanna learn mind reading.

Said the crybaby? I can only judge what I see, I can't read your mind and normally when handing out "sample text" you include your own preferences, but a fully mature person such as yourself working a full time job(wow congratulations!) obviously has a deeper thought process than the average joe is neither mature nor works full time.

I can see we're not going to get along here @Kipsta because I'm evidently dealing with someone that has a fixated opinion about my post and has missed the point. Goodbye :smile:

not meant, they said we "want" to. Callum recently said, "we were and are never good at giving dates anyway", them giving a date means literally nothing
The steam page says “While we do not have a set date for a full release at this moment in time, we expect that the game will be in early access for around a year. Our focus is on ensuring that the game is fun and enjoyable rather than imposing a deadline that might have a negative impact on the final product.”
I guess around a year could mean an extra 3-4 months or 6 or whatever TW wants. TW has stated in the past that they wanted the game to come out in 2016, 2018, etc. I suspect they are opposed to giving dates because every time the give an estimated date people latch on to it and say "but TW promised". Don't get me wrong I'm not defending TW I'm just saying they're ambiguous by nature because even they don't know how long it will take them.
I think people need to realize 2 things: 1) TW is never going to deliver every feature they discussed 2) TW will finish things when they damn well please. Once people on these forums realize this they'll be a lot happier. All the complaining and moaning isn't going to change TW. I suspect we'll get a full release in 6 months to 1.5 years but it will never be what people really want. TW could avoid or at least lessen a lot of these issues if they weren't so hesitant to communicate but they won't for whatever reasons. They are their own worst enemy.

Discussing these things is great, as long as the attention is towards the points of the OP, not towards insulting each other.
Let`s not ruin the effort NamingIsHard put in assembling and presenting this great amount of info to us.

If EA is actually going to continue for another 6-18 months I hope they start doing larger updates with longer intervals between them so mods aren't broken and/or abandoned every month.

If EA is actually going to continue for another 6-18 months I hope they start doing larger updates with longer intervals between them so mods aren't broken and/or abandoned every month.
If the EA goes on for longer i really hope TW has a change of heart and realize their fanbase wants more complex and "risky" things, Mexxico said he is happy with the game and it won't be a 95+ rating game but i'm absolutely sure it can be if TW dare to develop it with more passion and take risks, no complexity for complexity's sake but to make a good game become legendary.

Just go the Nexus and sort by popular or most downloaded to see what the community really wants, it's all quality of life or more complex system mods like cultured starts (multiple initial starts), calradia at war (more immersion and spawn types, many more bandits and minor factions), bear my banner (banners in battle), realistic battles (improve armor effectiveness and make battles more tactical), party AI overhaul and commands (more control over your parties and making armies target bordering fiefs in war) etc etc etc

If there 100 dev blogs we have all followed and they are used in a sense as publicity to drive interest in the game and they are all dropped -then someone damed sure needs to answer be it Devs with a follow-up blog or community manager.
I understand what you mean, I'm just saying it's not the developers who should explain that to you. It's community managers. Even they don't need to explain anything tho - to be fair. Bannerlord sold quite well with all the doubt clouds over its head. Everyone laughed when they said it will be out of EA after one year but still, the game sold well. So the public really doesn't think as deep as you think. If they say "That's it. Here, rebellions, and we are out of EA" - only core players will get outraged. Rest already have no idea what this game is all about.

I disagree. I choose to see Native game content over any mod. Once the game finished or getting at near finish state, mods can do their thing. But this shouldn't affect the development cycle/releases.

I understand what you mean, I'm just saying it's not the developers who should explain that to you. It's community managers. Even they don't need to explain anything tho - to be fair. Bannerlord sold quite well with all the doubt clouds over its head. Everyone laughed when they said it will be out of EA after one year but still, the game sold well. So the public really doesn't think as deep as you think. If they say "That's it. Here, rebellions, and we are out of EA" - only core players will get outraged. Rest already have no idea what this game is all about.

I disagree. I choose to see Native game content over any mod. Once the game finished or getting at near finish state, mods can do their thing. But this shouldn't affect the development cycle/releases.
I mightfeel that way if I had any idea of what the finished state or near finished state would be
If the EA goes on for longer i really hope TW has a change of heart and realize their fanbase wants more complex and "risky" things, Mexxico said he is happy with the game and it won't be a 95+ rating game but i'm absolutely sure it can be if TW dare to develop it with more passion and take risks, no complexity for complexity's sake but to make a good game become legendary.

Just go the Nexus and sort by popular or most downloaded to see what the community really wants, it's all quality of life or more complex system mods like cultured starts (multiple initial starts), calradia at war (more immersion and spawn types, many more bandits and minor factions), bear my banner (banners in battle), realistic battles (improve armor effectiveness and make battles more tactical), party AI overhaul and commands (more control over your parties and making armies target bordering fiefs in war) etc etc etc
Exactly.

Back
Top Bottom