What we have in Bannerlord pre-release dev diaries but not in game by now

Users who are viewing this thread

+1 Would like for them to answer this as well, but this forum post might not be appropriate. I would like for them just before EA closes down to address this but also highlight the new features that were implemented.

Man i try to be pretty patient and tolerant of things like delays and what not for especially these types of games but starting to get a sinking feeling much of those features are just gonna simply be cut outta production. Much of those is what had me so jazzed about buying the game in the first place -sounded like a deep rich gaming experience. Id just like to know whats still planned and whats not to keep my expectations in check

Man i try to be pretty patient and tolerant of things like delays and what not for especially these types of games but starting to get a sinking feeling much of those features are just gonna simply be cut outta production. Much of those is what had me so jazzed about buying the game in the first place -sounded like a deep rich gaming experience. Id just like to know whats still planned and whats not to keep my expectations in check
likewise

Here is a chart I made for you mate, insert your feature and analyze it
z2hjj.png

@Callum Maybe it could be beneficial / positive to the community if you could ask the marketing/communications people to make a open statement explaining that "EA did not go at all smoothly with problems with the engine and <A-Z> was what we had in mind but due to changing priorities as well as the pandemic, we're reducing the list to <E-T> to release with the game, then we'll be looking at a <TW specific DLC> model. It wouldn't be fair to ask your developers to do the same. There needs to be an actual "Community update" about the long term and the apparant disconnect with what people thought the game was <going to be like>.

It may go to some lengths to give clarity to some of the fanbase you had before EA began and help appease people, maybe an updated end of EA date too... ^^

@Callum Maybe it could be beneficial to the community if you could ask the marketing/communications people to make a open statement explaining that "EA did not go at all smoothly with problems with the engine and <A-Z> was what we had in mind but due to changing priorities as well as the pandemic, we're reducing the list to <E-T> to release with the game, then we'll be looking at a <TW specific DLC> model.

It may go to some lengths to give clarity to some of the fanbase you had before EA began and help appease people, maybe an updated end of EA date too... ^^
tagging @Dejan would be a better choice, he is the one who checks the community side

+1, dont wanna be double duped

Thank you for thread. It made me realize why I was so disappointed at the game after all these hype. It took so long that I forgot most of the things that's been promised and just felt some kind of emptiness when I played this game for the first time.

Its fun and also a bit sad to see all of the people who were so hopeful about the development finally see the writing on the wall. Many of us called this stuff out months ago, I doubt anyone from TW will own up to or be seen anywhere on this post.

Wow, the proposed features seem really nice. I would like it especially if there was more castle/village management as stated in the feature list. Maybe they are coming down the pipeline in the future but it doesn't seem likely unfortunately.

Maybe they had a different team before when they were planning all these things. I think the lack of communication with the player base causes quite a bit of frustration as proposed features just get cut or not even mentioned for future development. This is the 3rd EA game i have participated in and by far the least amount of communication with the payer base from the developer. Oh well, the graphics are cool. Although i don't think i have ever seen it rain in Calradia yet. Do I have to upgrade to 32gb of ram for that?

Anyone else getting a huge memory leak in 156 after about 2 hours of playing? I didn't see this as one of the proposed features so maybe this is a surprise feature.

So there are 2 options.

1. It was really implemented
2. It is a planned feature and never really implemented.

If 1 is the case the this shows (again) the atrocious software management from the outside. The code does exist but is so badly written or not compatible that it is useless.

2 is likely but also bad software management as you don't tell customers about features in detail like this. There has definitely time been spent (wasted) on these not implemented features. It sounds very much as if TW designs as they code which is really bad.

If I would have to guess it is scenario 1, the features exist and worked (to a degree, x amount of times back). But putting it together was more work than redoing it. So they wrote many small things but cannot put it together into 1 big part. Another sign of design as you code.
I choose this as they have rewritten the engine completely more than once iirc and are still refactoring (which shouldn't be necessary).

Bannerlord shines in bad software development, the part I have seen from MP also signify this image. There is a reason a good software project manager makes bank, because otherwise you leak money like this game.

Btw why did TW build their own engine again? Seems more of a pain than a gain to me.

''Having various locations for productive enterprises in each town means that players and AI lords can establish multiple businesses, which actually has a wider implication than it may seem at first glance. By allowing both players and AI lords set up multiple businesses in a single town, they can act in direct competition with each other and have a negative impact on each other's profits. This can be quite useful if you already have a reliable source of income and you want to ensure that a rival lord doesn’t gain a financial upper hand, but it can be quite a nuisance if you are struggling to make ends meet and production is halted because your business can no longer turn a profit. Likewise, crafty players can monitor what businesses their rivals own and buy up any raw materials or flood the local market with crafted goods to influence market prices, effectively putting a choke hold on rival operations. ''
This and the crime related features are the ones im looking forward the most. But if they ever really will be implemented becomes more and more uncertain. Especially taking over alleys that feature got so many times highlighted by the devs that it became a meme and we still dont have it.

Bros, I mean, I still have fun with the game. Even the little multiplayer and singleplayer I play now (cauze I am waiting for this beta to be on main) I have a blast. My gf now and then has to come to the room to shut me up cauze I just yell or laugh too much while I am killing someone/getting killed.

It's just a bit of disappointing, thats all.

Excuse my bitterness but I think most of these were discarded by a coward that ruined the game by making it more "simple"

Excuse my bitterness but I think most of these were discarded by a coward that ruined the game by making it more "simple"

Harsh bro. I understand your frustration but its still early and thats close to dev bashing which you dont wanna get into. Communication is key right now @AllDevs. The loyal fanbase thats followed and supported you all these years do deserve some answers and explanations on what happened to all these planned gamed assets and features or did we get sold out for accessibility's sake../

What frustrates me even more than these promised new features still being missing, is the group of good features that were in Warband but are missing in Bannerlord.

I can (with a little disappointment) understand having to drop very involved things like fief castle upgrading because they gave us a good explanation, and it was obviously too ambitious. But the fact the game is STILL missing a raft of things from the last game in the series made 10 years ago by a 10x smaller dev team-- with no confirmation of whether they're returning-- is inexcusable.

If you can't keep your fancy promises for new features, fair enough, but at the very least you should be able to replicate the old ones. Sequels are meant to be all-around improvements, not a sidegrade sold at AAA price.

Maybe we still have a long way to go from EA to Releade Bannerlord. I think the Taleworlds developers will deliver on their promises. I really want to know what else Taleworlds is going to bring to the game.It is a pity, of course, that at this point we are in the dark.

Maybe we still have a long way to go from EA to Releade Bannerlord. I think the Taleworlds developers will deliver on their promises. I really want to know what else Taleworlds is going to bring to the game.It is a pity, of course, that at this point we are in the dark.
At the beginning of EA they said that the EA period was meant to last roughly a year. This means that we have 3 months to go.

Either they're going to have to delay the release date (likely and understandable), or the other option is they're planning on sticking to that release date. If they are, the very incomplete state of Bannerlord is what we'll be getting.

Back
Top Bottom