the new death in battle sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

I did a quick little analysis on this a week or so ago, my opinion on the rate depends on a few necessary changes.
yeah but how about a chance of death % slider and maybe add more kids from start and limiting amount of kids a clan can have because after 1.5.5 other lords are marrying and more children are coming to each clan(its sucks too a lord stole liena from me :grin:) i like the analysis u did tho most players wont go over 20 years in a game for me im not the best player and in year 2 i have half of sturgia (started my kingdom 30 in game days ago)
so in 10 20 years if u have a kingdom or playing with a faction u will have at least taken 80 to 90% of the map
i think a slider of death chances and a limit on newborn and an increase in starting children would be great

It wouldn't even be that bad if they made armor actually ****ing work, so that you and your knights and heavy infantry wouldn't easily be mowed down by peasants. Also, they should expand the retreating mechanics. Most battles in real life were not fought to the death, usually both sides lost like 10% of their men and then retreated. But if you retreat in this game you are screwed. And also, you should be able to make enemy lords surrender if they do not have enough men to fight you. In real life it makes more sense to surrender than to die.

It wouldn't even be that bad if they made armor actually ****ing work, so that you and your knights and heavy infantry wouldn't easily be mowed down by peasants. Also, they should expand the retreating mechanics. Most battles in real life were not fought to the death, usually both sides lost like 10% of their men and then retreated. But if you retreat in this game you are screwed. And also, you should be able to make enemy lords surrender if they do not have enough men to fight you. In real life it makes more sense to surrender than to die.
yeah armor is a joke a fully kitted out character with the best armor can be 1 shot killed by a javelin and to proof how much i love fighting in this game i play with easiest player damage taken and still sometimes a javelin takes half my hp and 1 time a crossbow bolt did 99damage to me (on easiest damage ) about retreating it could be a nice idea tho it will make the game bit easy if u can just leave a losing fight tho the 'try to get away' feature is nice and similar to what u said but with a price to pay

The Lords are dropping like flys. Every mayor battle kills off 2-4 lords ...and since I u usually win it s the enemy lords that are dead in droves. Minor clans are to be wiped out quite soon and it is quite annoying. Not to mention my wife, Liena, died like 3 times so far so I had to reload the save. This is not a death rate it is carnage.

one of my engineer just die in battle
RIP the cursed man I can't remember your name, but you have follow me for 4 years and die
I feel so sad now...... I need ice cream

This is not a death rate it is carnage.

This. Really, it's pretty unrealistic that nobility would stick their heads out in front of their infantry unless they have no other option left. They should mostly stay put commanding, and lightly skirmishing if it ever came to it.

Already down 3 modded companions due to insanely high death rate. Ragnavad is dead too... It's getting to the point where taverns in major cities are bare of any companions now.

The devs said the high death rate (10%) is temporaly while they test and gather feedback, i think they said it'll go down to 2% and be enabled to ai battles aswell in later patches.

I love this feature but the death rate it too damn high right now indeed.

I like the death in combat. It gets rid of those pesky enemy lords, without me having to take relationship negatives by executing them after beating them the 4th time in a single war.

It wouldn't even be that bad if they made armor actually ****ing work,
yeah armor is a joke a fully kitted out character with the best armor can be 1 shot killed by a javelin
1st I do agree armor and damage calculation needs to be worked on, BUT I must say that there is SOME improvement in 1.5.6 in this department. For me it its clear lower tier archers others aren't doing so much damage and I have shrugged off a few melee blows too. As I get the same armor in each version and am a very aggressive leader it is blatant that there is some improvement. Still needs work though. Plus it takes a lot of weddings to get good armor for all your clan :p

I like the death in combat. It gets rid of those pesky enemy lords, without me having to take relationship negatives by executing them after beating them the 4th time in a single war.

wait, you can execute the lords?? how? after you capture them?? you can only release them or detain them.

After you already captured them just go to the troops menu, select them in the prisoners and there will be an option to execute them.

so what will happen if you keep executing the lords?? would you get more negative relationship with the family??
or would you gain a personality of "cruel"?? so what if I am cruel? any punishment?

I like the death in combat feature, it makes combat more dangerous and interesting. The death rate is actually much too high however. There are also too few wanderers around, or better, too few useful wanderers. It should be possible to recruit certain normal units as companions, as some mods offer it.

I would highly appreciate if "death in battles" and the "death and birth dynasty system" would be separated options. So people could play without lord's and companion's deaths and still get the chance of a dynasty with death of chars from age and growing of a new generation. I for myself don't like the dynasty idea at all and will prefer all the time a classical Warband "one char forever" system, coupled with battle deaths. There should be options for all tastes.

They plan to lower the rate to 2% or 1% in the near future (right now its 10%) and implement AI lord deaths in simulated battles so its not just the player battles that is impacted. This needs to occur or else the world will quickly become over populated in the 2nd generation. So in the future it will be a pretty rare occurrence in the player battles.
Exactly this. OP is a little too much in “tissy fit” mode to both understand that this is EA, so pendulums are bound to swing, and that Old Age only deaths are going to create an exponential amount of Lords running around, as people will replace more then just themselves through child birth.

The idea of “I should have the game exactly as I want it” is an absurd notion, as 90% of t he suggestions made in these forums flat out won’t work. Should I be able to change which trade goods have the highest value? How much gold I get from which activities? How much and what each skill gives?

Their job is to create a well-rounded immersive experience with all its systems functioning in concert. If you want to break these systems, that’s what mod are for, and the reason 90%+ mods are just glorified cheat codes.

Im frustrated with how often my companions die at this stage, but the better route is to adjust the percentages, and not just implement short-sighted non-sense “because I want it”.

Exactly this. OP is a little too much in “tissy fit” mode to both understand that this is EA, so pendulums are bound to swing, and that Old Age only deaths are going to create an exponential amount of Lords running around, as people will replace more then just themselves through child birth.

The idea of “I should have the game exactly as I want it” is an absurd notion, as 90% of t he suggestions made in these forums flat out won’t work. Should I be able to change which trade goods have the highest value? How much gold I get from which activities? How much and what each skill gives?

Their job is to create a well-rounded immersive experience with all its systems functioning in concert. If you want to break these systems, that’s what mod are for, and the reason 90%+ mods are just glorified cheat codes.

Im frustrated with how often my companions die at this stage, but the better route is to adjust the percentages, and not just implement short-sighted non-sense “because I want it”.
well no one will play for more than 20-40 in game years that's barely 2 generation + yes an rpg should have the most possible options and ways to play it trying to say that people after 100 years in a game may get 1million lords thats unrealistic because most people wont stay in a game for that long. and EA does not mean u change every single feature in a game EA means u fix and add features to a game and some changes not complete change to a feature they could have just added the lords death as a feature and be done with it and told us it will be the most stable option for games longer than 40 years. and if 90% of people are asking for something that means it should happen and not what you and the other 10% want .

Yeah, because you asking for something makes it 90% agreeance?! Right.

I think the death in battle is too high myself, I’m just not a sniveling child and understand the process.

Back
Top Bottom