death rate too high

Users who are viewing this thread

This was made by the devs, and tbh wasnt a good call on the whole death-scenario.

Further more to avoid haveing too many deaths there is help in terms of havieng high Medical skill, however there seems to be "boost" to it if you have a healer in your party(typically name, bitterdraught, healer, surgeon etc).
The passive things seems to add to your ability, so its more likely npc's will be ko instead of killed(also troops).

I wish they had kept death and birth seperate.

This was made by the devs, and tbh wasnt a good call on the whole death-scenario.

Further more to avoid haveing too many deaths there is help in terms of havieng high Medical skill, however there seems to be "boost" to it if you have a healer in your party(typically name, bitterdraught, healer, surgeon etc).
The passive things seems to add to your ability, so its more likely npc's will be ko instead of killed(also troops).

I wish they had kept death and birth seperate.
death is on for player run battles only,, that will be fixed in 1.5.6 and the death rate will drop from 10% to 2%

death is on for player run battles only,, that will be fixed in 1.5.6 and the death rate will drop from 10% to 2%
Nice, where did you heard that? 2% sounds low but it's actually much better than the pandemic levels of 10% lol, i've tested different percentages with a mod that allows to customize it and found 3% to be the sweet spot, not too many deaths that it just gets annoying and depopulate the world but still enough that they feel impactfull when it happens.

To be perfect in my opinion they need to add death in AIxAI battles aswell, it's just silly that people can only die when the player is there (again i have to use mods for that for now but i hope it becomes a vanilla feature)

Nice, where did you heard that? 2% sounds low but it's actually much better than the pandemic levels of 10% lol, i've tested different percentages with a mod that allows to customize it and found 3% to be the sweet spot, not too many deaths that it just gets annoying and depopulate the world but still enough that they feel impactfull when it happens.

To be perfect in my opinion they need to add death in AIxAI battles aswell, it's just silly that people can only die when the player is there (again i have to use mods for that for now but i hope it becomes a vanilla feature)

Yes, it (reducing probability) is something very basic and easy. Problem is I am far to these parts, first I need to find owner of code & design and second after this is changed (reduce to 2%) and dying is added to simulations also I need to do several tests if it is breaking something new (snowballing tests, counting lords) in long term 20-30 year tests. Anyway we can use this mechanic (npcs dying also at simulations) to slow down lord / clan inflation also. So it will be something good for game's balance because now we are creating new clans with rebellion feature.

These are nothing delaying 1.5.6 by the way. 1.5.6 is currently being tested by test team. These changes are already added, these small code changes are already done. Probably there will be questions about date, unfortunately I have no information about 1.5.6 date. If I get any info I will share.

Also we did several works / tests / calculations with @Blood Gryphon one week ago about war & peace, I gave him data and he helped me analsysed it and prepaired very useful tables. I will share their results soon. One new good news is I suggested showing reasons of war / peace votings to player and it is approved. So we will be showing why a voting is started by a clan about war / peace probably 2 patches later. It will be something like "We should declare war aganist X because we have stronger armies compared to them and we can enlarge our territories" or "We should make peace aganist X because currently we are at war aganist several enemies". Of course there will be 4-5 different war & peace reasons with better wording & grammer.

In mY opinion, 5% would be a good rate.
After all it's war people die You know.

Except its more than wars and completely unrealistic. Do you realize just how many battles lords fight during just one month? If that 2% applies globally I think it will be too high because calradia will deplete itself faster of it's clan members. A children need 18 years to grow so its parents need to live that long before dying or the clan dies.

That commander feature would be cool.

It COULD be, and might be needed anyway. But in this scenario it would anonumize the clans, make you feel less connected with the army and faction as you have no relation with the expandible commanders your allies and enemies precent to you while hiding their inner families in a castle..

Latest update about this is even I suggested reducing death rate to 2% (at both mission and simulation) it will still be 10% (only mission side) at 1.5.6. They said there are several bugs related to death and to fix them all they need this ratio to be high and collect more bug reports. So my previous update says this ratio will be 2% at 1.5.6 however it seems it will still be 10%.

You can get more information from @Duh_TaleWorlds about this.

Latest update about this is even I suggested reducing death rate to 2% (at both mission and simulation) it will still be 10% (only mission side) at 1.5.6. They said there are several bugs related to death and to fix them all they need this ratio to be high and collect more bug reports. So my previous update says this ratio will be 2% at 1.5.6 however it seems it will still be 10%.

Ty for the info, is AI death in simulations still planned? i really hope so, also is there any plans for player death in battles aswell? would be awesome for a "realistic" playthrough and for immersion's sake.

Thanks for the update.

It is a fair point that increasing the occurrence will help us find the bugs.

I will be interested to see if my prediction of less than 50 lords left after 18 years @ 10% is true. Although I’m sure all the ? will have a big impact

I'm still thinking it needs to be seperated though from birthing.
So that ppl who want the life part, dont also have to deal with the death part as such(aka they would still die, but from old age or childbirth)

I get that for now its high to collect data, but even 2% seems abit high tbh.
This is however ok, Ea is just for that finding the right balance of it.

I mean typically in this era, a noble would mostly lead from the rear, and not charge in solo vs spearmen.
Earlier it was more historical that the leaders would be in the frontlines.

Just gets fairly old fast in 1.55 beta atm that players like myself end up savescumming cause we won the battle, but lost 5 lords, otherside 1.
So in the end if that keeps up we'll loose the war for sure.

(lets not get sidetracked by my observation of the role commanders had on the field, as there is many who also lead in the front, but it was not as typical as it was 100-200 years earlier to the degree we can compare our history to Calradia).

Yes it (AI death at simulations) is already added but I am not sure if it will be included in 1.5.6 or not.
I am sure not your area, but has there been any talk to give us death by old age only and birth on, we had it for months and quite a few of us prefer that, or should we hit the suggestions forums for that? Since Having children was a huge draw of Bannerlord but seems dumb the only way to get it is forcing us to risk our MC constantly, seeing your post again I guess Duh is handling it

I am sure not your area, but has there been any talk to give us death by old age only and birth on, we had it for months and quite a few of us prefer that, or should we hit the suggestions forums for that? Since Having children was a huge draw of Bannerlord but seems dumb the only way to get it is forcing us to risk our MC constantly, seeing your post again I guess Duh is handling it
+1

for the 1,000th time, give us options, don't force things on us, try to make most people happy, between the lack of communication on the death bug that was thrown on us and not in patch notes, to 3 weeks waiting for a response and I feel we will be forced to have death off or on, it's a sad sad day, or should I say 3-5 weeks since 1.5.5 came out. I just don't get how hard it is to implement things from the community, you had the settings for death by old age and birth on for what 2 months, and for some reason we can't keep that setting, why, what is so wrong with having options, why take 3 weeks to respond, why take 5 weeks to get a patch, I can go on and on, frustrations building, Yes Flesson take a chill

Have patience, have patience, don't be in a such a hurry, when you are impat.....
forget that, let's get on the ball here people your 1 year timeframe is coming fast, and we all know there is no way that timeframe will be met, but I guess we will get more communication 2 or 3 months after that has passed. ohhhhh someone getting Salty, today,
guess Ill go record My General series, woops cant do that with death on, ok Ill record my bandit king series, woops cant do that since roguery is hard to gain with 2 options not working, ok record my smith/trader campaign, ohhh cant do that with everything has a price at 300 and would take over 2,000 days just to start my kingdom. ok record my wanderer, well I got 5 episodes already saved up, what to do now....................
I could stil have 1 campaign if death wasn't on but it was forced into all existing campaigns, give us something seriously, get on the ball and do something to try and make up for a total disgrace in the handling of the death bug not being in the patch notes, and complete lack of respect for the community with no communication for 3 weeks while we wait for it to get sorted out.
You don't want to support mods when dealing with bus and problems, but with how terrible you handle things we need to use them to enjoy many aspects of the game
Rant over, Im out before I say something I'll regret, (directed at all but mexxico)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom