1.5.5 - a few issues

Users who are viewing this thread

1.5.5 (no mods) seems good but I've found a few issues

(1) Cows f'n everywhere - why were MANY villagers changed to Cows ?
(2) My caravans aren't gaining as much income as before - when I check income, only one caravan usually shows with little income eg 20 gold ?? (merchant companion)
(3) Yet my brother keeps stealing off me - 900 gold per day, when I created him as a Party I expected him to eventual stand on his own feet .. not happening
(4) I have 3 shops (about 600 per day total) 2 caravans (about 20 - 200 per .. payout time ??), army of about 100 costing 900 per day. Total - lossing 1,000 - 2,000 per day !!! ouch !!

What am I doing wrong ?

Last edited:
What am I doing wrong ?

Playing 1.5.5 without mods? :smile:

I noticed lots of cows everywhere too. Villages whose world map icon was supposed to be grain are actually something else (often cows), etc.
Other than that, passive income has been pretty bad lately. In 1.5.3 i could get away with wool weaveries, especially in khuzait lands. They'd get to a solid 200-250 gold per day. Now that clothes prices have gone down with the armor "rework and rebalance", I expect their income to go down too, but i've been too lazy to test it.

1.5.5 (no mods) seems good but I've found a few issues

(1) Cows f'n everywhere - why were MANY villagers changed to Cows ?
(2) My caravans aren't gaining as much income as before - when I check income, only one caravan usually shows with little income eg 20 gold ?? (merchant companion)
(3) Yet my brother keeps stealing off me - 900 gold per day, when I created him as a Party I expected him to eventual stand on his own feet .. not happening
(4) I have 3 shops (about 600 per day total) 2 caravans (about 20 - 200 per .. payout time ??), army of about 100 costing 900 per day. Total - lossing 1,000 - 2,000 per day !!! ouch !!

What am I doing wrong ?

1.5.5 fresh campaign here:

- 3 workshops and I am getting 800-900 daily.
- 1 caravan which give me about 300-400 daily average.
- Mercenary contract which is giving me 500 daily average.

I am finding getting money pretty doable in 1.5.5.

My workshops:

Jaculan - Tannery
Pravend - Tannery
Jaculan - Wool Wavery

Cow-plague allows tanneries to be profitable but still doesn't answer the question WHY ? so many cow farms ? i can understand tribal cultures concentrating on cows, sheep and pigs but civilized cultures did concentrate on cereal crops.

Caravans only pay when profits are made, not daily.

Cow-plague allows tanneries to be profitable but still doesn't answer the question WHY ? so many cow farms ? i can understand tribal cultures concentrating on cows, sheep and pigs but civilized cultures did concentrate on cereal crops.

This cow situation is accurate. There are about 1 billion cows on planet earth right now.

There are a lot of good reasons for that: milk, leather, a lot of meat, and they're relatively easy to keep as stock.

Mexxico said that the abundance of cows, sheep, and hogs do not really influence the gain from the tanneries. Do you play an older campaign? If yes, than tanneries will produce eight times of the intended leather. If you start a new campaign in 1.5.5 it should be normal.

Cows area bug which should be grain, and caravans are a little bugged till 1.5.6 when mexxico has them working properly as they are not taking all goods right now because the herd penalty is hurting them too bad

Caravans are doing fine for me, got two out they range anywhere from 1200 down to 100 a day. New 1.5.5 game. Also my +5,400 "income from parties" is because my wifes party which is in my army just helped defend a siege from a 1,200 battanian army.

rnpy4.jpg

Caravans are doing fine for me, got two out they range anywhere from 1200 down to 100 a day. New 1.5.5 game. Also my +5,400 "income from parties" is because my wifes party which is in my army just helped defend a siege from a 1,200 battanian army.

rnpy4.jpg

My brothers party cost me up to 900 per day then 3126 finally, with zero income to me.

When my 1.5.3 late-game campaign updated to 1.5.4, all 3 of Rhotae's villages changed to Cow. Thought it was a bug; but it's actually a 1.5.4 feature?

And if so, are tanneries in 1.5.4 actually profitable? Tried tanneries in 1.5.3, and all produced zero, as in none, income...

It seems there might be some issue with additional parties. I have peace time now and the party is just sitting in a town doing nothing. I am not sure why they just not go after bandits...

When my 1.5.3 late-game campaign updated to 1.5.4, all 3 of Rhotae's villages changed to Cow. Thought it was a bug; but it's actually a 1.5.4 feature?

And if so, are tanneries in 1.5.4 actually profitable? Tried tanneries in 1.5.3, and all produced zero, as in none, income...
Cows area bug which should be grain, and caravans are a little bugged till 1.5.6 when mexxico has them working properly as they are not taking all goods right now because the herd penalty is hurting them too bad
This cow situation is accurate. There are about 1 billion cows on planet earth right now.

There are a lot of good reasons for that: milk, leather, a lot of meat, and they're relatively easy to keep as stock.

The display with the wrong primary production (Cow instead of grain), should be fixed with the latest hotfix. But just that you know, a Village which produces grain, can also produce cows,sheeps and hogs.
Here is the Code:

this.AddProductions(this.VillageTypeWheatFarm, new ValueTuple<string, float>[]=Grain Farm
{
new ValueTuple<string, float>("cow", 0.1f),
new ValueTuple<string, float>("sheep", 0.2f),
new ValueTuple<string, float>("hog", 0.6f)
});

while other villages only produce one kind of product:

this.AddProductions(this.VillageTypeClayMine, new ValueTuple<string, float>[]
{
new ValueTuple<string, float>("clay", 20f)
});

Back
Top Bottom