What's the game like atm?

Users who are viewing this thread

RoboSenshi

Grandmaster Knight
Hello people.

I just found a mod that speeds up the passage of time, which I've been desperate for, and I was thinking of playing Bannerlord again.

After all the updates and patches, what's the gameplay like now? Has anything new been added or little things fixed etc?

Would you say the game is in a better state than it was say a few months ago?

Thanks.

Hello people.

I just found a mod that speeds up the passage of time, which I've been desperate for, and I was thinking of playing Bannerlord again.

After all the updates and patches, what's the gameplay like now? Has anything new been added or little things fixed etc?

Thanks.

It is pretty much the exact same, unless you consider death to be a major feature.

^Yep, and it's not to be mean to TW, but it's the truth. A lot of the changes are very minor or are kinda a monkey paw, adding something but removing something else. For instance they added the Bow perks finally, but they also changed how archery aiming works so you basically need all those perks to make it like it was in versions that had no perks.... perks or not once you get 200+ bow it's all the same so it's all just kinda gassy nothing...

Yikes. That doesn't sound very good. So it seems I'll need to mod blast the game to make it playable. *Sigh*

It is pretty much the exact same, unless you consider death to be a major feature.
So the player and npcs can die in battle now? Well that's something I guess. Is it balanced at least?

So the player and npcs can die in battle now? Well that's something I guess. Is it balanced at least?
It's a 10% death rate in battles were player takes part, so your family/companions/Kingdom lords will die while other kingdoms don't. You can deactivate it

It's a 10% death rate in battles were player takes part, so your family/companions/Kingdom lords will die while other kingdoms don't. You can deactivate it
What...? Jesus Christ that's so ****ing stupid! You can't be serious! :lol:

I'll go find a mod that implements death better then.

What...? Jesus Christ that's so ****ing stupid! You can't be serious! :lol:

I'll go find a mod that implements death better then.

enemy lords can die to but only in battles against u i think and good luck finding a mod most of the big mods stop getting updates i think they got sick of the updates breaking there mods

I kind of understand why lords can only die when player is attending the battle. 10% chance might not feel high, but if you consider the fact that around Calradia several battles take place every day, and one lord can tak part in more than a dozen battles every year... well, gates of valhalla are open for every one of them. It would be just a matter of time before all Calradia became lordless.

By the way, when it comes to player-attended battles, lords often die even if their side actually won that battle. Those idiots are often leading their troops form the firs line, sometimes charging head on into enemy lines without any backup :smile: "Dumb as a lord" should become a common saying in Calradia :wink:

To add some balance to lord death it would perhaps be better if the % of player battle deaths was reduced from 10 to 5 and then a very small % chance to death in NPC battles added.

I am not sure what the current status is of NPC lord marriage though. For NPC death to be sustainable they need to be able to expand their families.

"Dumb as a lord" should become a common saying in Calradia
units do not maintain cohesion in the field after last patch or even after 1.5.4 in general. for example, Sturgian line breakers tend to run ahead of the main force... and you might guess how that ends for them... and they are not just as immortal as Vlandian Voulgiers...
1.5.4 brought some new stuff, but so many quests are now broken and some game aspects remain broken (battanian sieges as example)

The other sieges are working?

Most siege works, not fine, but works. I have no idea what the try to do, or do with siege. Most of the time the AI tends to be stuck in walls, or pushing each other away, when the try to climb some tower ladders. Sometimes i have to recall my troops further away, so the one remaining enemy climbs out off his wall and i can kill him and end the siege. but that happens not that often.
I have the feeling the collision query is the big problem here.

I've played only Multiplayer recently.
The feeling of the combat mechanics is overall better than it used to be but there's still a lot of imbalances that annoy everyone.
Private servers and some other highly requestet features are still nowhere to be seen; skirmish mode is very competitive but in Captain and on the Custom Server List you can still have a good time just as a casual (Edit: at least if you're in Europe, in the other regions MP is quite lonely these times).

Last edited:
1.5.4 brought some new stuff, but so many quests are now broken and some game aspects remain broken (battanian sieges as example)
Of course...

Most siege works, not fine, but works. I have no idea what the try to do, or do with siege. Most of the time the AI tends to be stuck in walls, or pushing each other away, when the try to climb some tower ladders. Sometimes i have to recall my troops further away, so the one remaining enemy climbs out off his wall and i can kill him and end the siege. but that happens not that often.
I have the feeling the collision query is the big problem here.
Wait so troops still can't climb ladders and siege towers effectively and consistently?

What is happening??

There are many little improvements on every side, like finally working perks, but it's not so much different from months ago.
Everyone can now die in battles (it's a low chance, but there is). Unfortunately sieges are still bad and troops often don't clib ladders and siege towers, except if the enemies fall back from the walls.
However, if you like the game you can still play, I think it's still funny. I'm on my second run with Aserai and I'm still enjoying this game :smile:

There are many little improvements on every side, like finally working perks, but it's not so much different from months ago.
Everyone can now die in battles (it's a low chance, but there is). Unfortunately sieges are still bad and troops often don't clib ladders and siege towers, except if the enemies fall back from the walls.
However, if you like the game you can still play, I think it's still funny. I'm on my second run with Aserai and I'm still enjoying this game :smile:

Yeah, the game has its con's but also a lot of pro's. It crashes a lot less so its becoming more and more enjoyable.
And with some added mods (a lot of them do work) you can bring yourself hours of entertainment.

like finally working perks
yeah, but how many of those are working as intended? don't get me wrong character development made a huge leap forward, however, perks provide minimal benefits, except for the latest ones. Scouting is actually good, tactics and roguery have good perks as well, alas majority of which still not working properly.
if you like the game you can still play
funny enough, bugs with village quests actually shifted my attention to town quests which are more beneficial. except... notables still die and all my hard work being dumpstered as a result.
I think it's still funny
it sure is.

Back
Top Bottom