Mods to prevent snowballing?

Users who are viewing this thread

iElek

Recruit
Hello
I usually do playthroughs every 6 months to 1 year and everytime I take a break it’s because end game becomes boring and waiting for Updates

But I’m surprised that snowballing is still a big issue in bannerlord when it’s been like 4 years

is there any mods to help with snowballing or better the end game experience/kingdom management?

Thanks

Hello
I usually do playthroughs every 6 months to 1 year and everytime I take a break it’s because end game becomes boring and waiting for Updates

But I’m surprised that snowballing is still a big issue in bannerlord when it’s been like 4 years

is there any mods to help with snowballing or better the end game experience/kingdom management?

Thanks
Hmm. What do you want? A map that never changes? Is it allowed for Kingdoms to die? If yes, than at some point there needs to be snowball. Where i agree on is that we need a better diplomacy system. Where weak kingdoms can form alliances against bigger kindoms and form armies together. Forming allies, trade partnerships and non agression pacts are missing completly in this game

Hmm. What do you want? A map that never changes? Is it allowed for Kingdoms to die? If yes, than at some point there needs to be snowball. Where i agree on is that we need a better diplomacy system. Where weak kingdoms can form alliances against bigger kindoms and form armies together. Forming allies, trade partnerships and non agression pacts are missing completly in this game
By the time I hit clan tier that's eligible for mercenary Sturgia wouldve lost alot of towns,
By the time I reach vassal tier most of the Sturgian towns and castles are taken by khuzaits and vlandia & we're left with a few clump of towns.

I'm pretty sure this is an issue only with Battania & Sturgia but I could be wrong.

if you are going to play Sturgia - you need to lvl up as fast as you can to prevent this.

That being said typically after some time Khuzait will be back to fighthing vs Norhtern/Southern or Asarai, and thats when you pounce.

Imo overall the siegepreperation take way to short time in this game. 24hrs or less lets go..

Vlandia will usually stop when thye conquer Mazhdan + Kraniog + Varcheg or before even.
Specially if they get involved with Battania or Western Empire or both.

Ideally if you want to lvl up your clan to be eligible to be a merc to prevent the "instant loss of Tyal + Uriksala castle and maybe even Vladiv"(and if its really horrible even Sibir + Varnapol) I suggest just running around the map to take out bandit parties, or if you are skilled enough do Arean tournaments in towns, nice loot + denars + atleast 3 Renown pr win, which isnt all that many wins before you hit clan tier to be merc.
Also focus on Steward to bolster how big and army bonus you can get from that(cause defending Tyal with 50 tropps + garrison isnt exactly easy when the enemy is 1400+ strong).

Khuzait just moves to fast on the map imo, even with the new nerf to cav on snow.

Sturgia is poor to start out, so their defenses is also crap.

Usually if they are in a 2front war vs Vlandia + Khuzait - I focus on twarting Khuzait myself, so typically the rest ends up stopping Vlandia only looseing the castle which is "literally" in Battanias backyard.

The game goes abit back and forth typically anyways.

But some factions just have the deck stacked against them tbh imo - Battania is typically gone in my plays by year 5 or 15 at most or may be left with 1 holding(Pen Cannoc most of the time).

The war/peace mechanics in the game is just garbage in vanilla imo, the ai is just predatory and cowardly(ganking all the time).

That being said I'd suggest if you play on pc to use mods ->
Diplomacy will let you put in WarExhaustion, so that snowball cant go on forever.
Vanillaplus adds in some other nice features.

There is many others, but for me haveing those in the game and tweaked right just makes the game that much more fun.
Slows down the the game, so there is a purpose to haveing "dynasty aka kids".

Haveing less wars etc also means that factions can make a huge comeback.
Vanillaplus increase that alot, since rebelling cities typically end up back in the hands of the original faction, and the rebels end up being a normal merc clan for hire.
There is much more rebellions overall in the game(so be smart about suggesting policies that counter that)

I just wish they had stuck with the old causis belli so we wouldnt have the issue of ganking and warmongering that plagues the game, it just tanks the fun out of the game when its just endless/constant wars going on.(again the mods you can tweak settings so peace last much longer so you can actually have periods of no wars even).

I have a feeling you'll find the responses so far to be rather unsatisfactory.

It's either your fault for having unreasonable expectations or because of your play style.

First thing first get a troop overhaul mod that fixes troop balance. I recommend DRM and by extension you'll need RBM. This alone will get you 80% there.

Second you might want a mod that addresses politics. Diplomacy mod is one. It features expansionism, you can set the amount of time between wars, civil wars etc.

My choice however is succession laws and civil wars. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles from diplomacy but it's much more stable and reliable since unlike diplomacy the modder actively supports it and it's not kept on life support ridden with ancient bugs. You could still use both if you want to as well.

What succession brings is the likelihood of civil wars upon succession, which in turn has its own flavour. This has the chance of breaking down huge empires in two, thus helping snowballing.

Hello

Thanks
RBM + a life leech mod like "Heal on kill" (for buffing ai) is a great combination for more tactical and slower combat.

Banner Kings (with Cultures Expanded) for a more definitive "hardcore" strategic campaign. You don't need any other diplomacy mod if you go with BKCE (also BKCE is incompatible with quite a few of the other options out there).

I wouldn't bother with the Diplomacy mod.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom