Are we going to get better face generation at some point

Users who are viewing this thread

These are from 2015 and 2016:

As you can see, Taleworlds clearly downgraded character creation system. (Imo, they downgraded a lot of things; if you watch old gameplay videos before 2018 you can clearly see game was looking much better (especially colors) in those videos.) So, no; I don't think they have any plans to change it.

I think it is being tweaked regularly. There have been a lot of complaints about faces in 1.5.4, but some I think look better. Seems to be more variety, anyway. (Also the 'quick talk' seems to use a slightly different rendering, which is actually slightly better in some ways).

It is a fact, most faces (especially some female ones) are not pleasant because the parameters that mark the patterns of random facial details are not calibrated within a plausible realism. One thing I really don't like is the black bordering of ALL the eyes.That mascara should not exist, only as an optional make-up.

With a realistic calibration, very interesting results can be achieved; for example this shared by @Zyki .

ca9d0bc63b3a2311163f55330c63cbd4.jpg

It is a fact, most faces (especially some female ones) are not pleasant because the parameters that mark the patterns of random facial details are not calibrated within a plausible realism. One thing I really don't like is the black bordering of ALL the eyes.That mascara should not exist, only as an optional make-up.

With a realistic calibration, very interesting results can be achieved; for example this shared by @Zyki .

ca9d0bc63b3a2311163f55330c63cbd4.jpg
Wait, this is achieved by removing that only? I feel like I can't recreate people on this game because some options are so weird, my faces always end up looking so tough and old, even if I've tried a lot to make a more delicate face. I feel like every character looks 40 in this game, I mean dudes that are aged 20 looking REALLY old

Wait, this is achieved by removing that only? I feel like I can't recreate people on this game because some options are so weird, my faces always end up looking so tough and old, even if I've tried a lot to make a more delicate face. I feel like every character looks 40 in this game, I mean dudes that are aged 20 looking REALLY old

No no... I mean for example the parameter that makes an eye bigger or smaller is handled with a 0-100 bar; let that spectrum offer realistic results (Taleworlds must restrict these parameters realistically so that randomness does not lead to aberrations).
That picture I shared is the result of "tuning" the in-game facial modifiers realistically by that user.

All the faces look so gruff and pointy as well. The only face shape I can get out of the system is a block. Super strong jaws, strong noses, thick eyebrows... It seems like the devs really limited the options of what you can do.

No no... I mean for example the parameter that makes an eye bigger or smaller is handled with a 0-100 bar; let that spectrum offer realistic results (Taleworlds must restrict these parameters realistically so that randomness does not lead to aberrations).
That picture I shared is the result of "tuning" the in-game facial modifiers realistically by that user.
I understand now, well, restricting the random parameters instead of the player choices is definitely something doable tbh. I feel like that restriction also applies to lips and jaws, I feel very restricted doing characters atm

I understand now, well, restricting the random parameters instead of the player choices is definitely something doable tbh. I feel like that restriction also applies to lips and jaws, I feel very restricted doing characters atm

Exactly, we have all had a few laughs with these types of faces; however these extremes should not be able to be carried out (At least restricted for the random AI face generator)... IMO.

c1za9DL.jpg
whFBw.jpg
2019-11-16-09h15-57.jpg
20191026231334-1.jpg
unknown.png
weeg1x5jkd.png

Exactly, we have all had a few laughs with these types of faces; however these extremes should not be able to be carried out (At least restricted for the random AI face generator)... IMO.

c1za9DL.jpg
whFBw.jpg
2019-11-16-09h15-57.jpg
20191026231334-1.jpg
unknown.png
weeg1x5jkd.png
Damn I thought my guys face was ugly... Number six takes the cake, followed shortly by number one. Would love to get a look at that specimen without the helmet.

EDIT: Actually number three is starting to grow on me. It started with that smile... That damned smile.

Back
Top Bottom