Having a clan without kingdom is useless?

Users who are viewing this thread

Alphα

Section Moderator
Without having a kingdom I can't see the point of creating parties. I can't create any armies, my clan parties can't follow me to help for a siege for example. Am I missing something ? I need them in order to conquer a fief and become a kingdom.

Usually having additional parties will result in them patrolling around and will give you additional renown and reputation. Also depending on the situation they can even operate at break even point or at a surplus wage wise.

Although I would really like it if you could create an army without being a vassal or a king. As you do not need any influence for your own clan members. Maybe add an restriction that you can only call half of the possible parties to your army.

I've argued much the same but people keep tell me but then you'd be a kingdom without territory. But unless you leave a kingdom and take the fiefs with you how else can you capture a town with only 100 or so men? Yeah TW really doesn't think things through sometimes.

I've argued much the same but people keep tell me but then you'd be a kingdom without territory. But unless you leave a kingdom and take the fiefs with you how else can you capture a town with only 100 or so men? Yeah TW really doesn't think things through sometimes.

Only way for me is to wait for a weakness with a a fief being harassed all the time.

It seems that without the perk there is no way to assign your own feifs in your kingdom to vassels. Guessing this just isn't developed yet and will come at some point.

I don't care if you would be a "king without a kingdom", you really need to be able to gather those parties up. Maybe you could take penalties to cohesion or something for being an independent clan with no holdings. You are certainly already being punished by supporting a bunch of roaming parties payrolls without any passive income from settlements.

Maybe you could take penalties to relations for clans when you walk through their lands with an "illegitimate" army or something.

MY biggest issue is actually not that I´m unable to gather an army with my parties. The biggest issue for me is not being able to order my parties around and having no reasonable way to level leadership. The last one is probably the most important one for me personal.

Reaching 225 trade was hard enough in earlier playthroughs. I just did so in my current campaign by trading a ton of horses from aserai and kuzait areas to other factions and was able to buy a town and adjacent castle. It really felt like a great accomplishment and good place to start taking over the rest of the world through conflict. With the herd movement penalty in effect even for horses it's not a very viable method now especially if you have to get to 300 trade in new campaigns. I hope they rethink that requirement.

With the herd movement penalty in effect even for horses it's not a very viable method now especially if you have to get to 300 trade in new campaigns. I hope they rethink that requirement.

It is a bug, they will move it to (maybe) 275 in a hot fix ... anyway is a very high requirement and IMHO doesn't worth it, as someone said by the time you get it Kuzait will rule the world.

Back
Top Bottom