Having a clan without kingdom is useless?

Users who are viewing this thread

It's funny but when I start a army, my brother party find another army to join,some times I found a opportunity target but I barely count with him.

Without having a kingdom I can't see the point of creating parties. I can't create any armies, my clan parties can't follow me to help for a siege for example. Am I missing something ? I need them in order to conquer a fief and become a kingdom.
Yes and NO. Not being able to army with them or order them is really frustrating and bad, but there's a couple uses for them yet.
1. A companion party can exploitedly turn ready-to-level bandits units into their noble line counterparts, allowing you acces to good units like fains and Khan's guard. You can even hire a fresh companion, give them the bandits, follow them a short time and then take the noble troops back and just kick the companion out of the clan so you don't have to deal with tracking them down wherever they go.

2. When you have a fief (you can get them easily as a lone party/clan, diff topic though) you can use companion parties to gather recruits and then disband them to send them to stuff your garrison. They kinda patrol your feif too but don't expect too much....

3. You may often get good troops as freed prisoners after a big fight, being able to detach extra troops into a companion party on the spot, then disband them sending them to your garrison is pretty useful.

4. You can detach a companion party while chasing small/fast parties and disband them (sending them to garrison) and the small parties will chase them and you can catch them easily!

5. Companion parties when free roaming usually will create a +income.

So yeah, no fief=limited use, fief= more utility
Really need player control over this and so many more thing too.

I've argued much the same but people keep tell me but then you'd be a kingdom without territory. But unless you leave a kingdom and take the fiefs with you how else can you capture a town with only 100 or so men? Yeah TW really doesn't think things through sometimes.
What I do is one of 2 things
1: attack with 50 or so men and the garrison may sally out, if you 50 men are HA you can easily grind them down with positioning corner to corner and retreat and repeat when out of ammo.

2: Launch siege attack and press 0 f1 f7 to retreat your party, then the infantry will open the gate and come out to get you. As a competent horse archer you can easily shoot them all down and retreat for ammo refills, eventually moving on to sniping down the ranged units. You can kill the entire garrison yourself. Even if you give up on the second part you will much better off against a partial garrison with you units.

You may not like it but until they change the game (any decade now) this is the best way to capture fiefs and will be the smart guy power gamer meta.
Why would anyone ever waste valuable troops when you can do it yourself and get all that skill ups for yourself too?

what you do is find one of those war hungry factions and ditch them once your clan is leveled up etc. i joined the aserai and they declared war one EVERYONE. so i left and kept lycarion and requested peace immediately. I had a lot of relationship with all the imperial lords because i kept releasing them and was doing the "spy among us" and "lady's knight out" quests a lot. had about 8 clans with me before i started attacking people again

Fortunately, this is on the list for SP to allow the player to give more direction to the clan parties.

"Clan party AI directives" - from the statement regarding plans for SP.

I've argued much the same but people keep tell me but then you'd be a kingdom without territory. But unless you leave a kingdom and take the fiefs with you how else can you capture a town with only 100 or so men? Yeah TW really doesn't think things through sometimes.

Yeah capturing that first town is really hard. What you can do though is whittle down the enemy with archery - don't build any siege engines, order all your troops back, shoot as many enemies as you can off the walls, then end the battle, then lead another assault. Keep doing that until you have their numbers under control. Also you can kind of cheese at the top of ladders with long polearms and 2handers. There are some other ways too but as I recall, that early in the game you'll be getting harassed by enemy lords too while you're trying to siege so it's pretty hard to build engines at all or fight until you drop and then heal up. But don't forget you can pull out from a siege battle at any time with no additional losses. You can just keep hitting them and wearing them down over time. I tend to end siege battles when I go down, as my troops tend to get really stupid at that point.

Yeah capturing that first town is really hard. What you can do though is whittle down the enemy with archery - don't build any siege engines, order all your troops back, shoot as many enemies as you can off the walls, then end the battle, then lead another assault. Keep doing that until you have their numbers under control. Also you can kind of cheese at the top of ladders with long polearms and 2handers. There are some other ways too but as I recall, that early in the game you'll be getting harassed by enemy lords too while you're trying to siege so it's pretty hard to build engines at all or fight until you drop and then heal up. But don't forget you can pull out from a siege battle at any time with no additional losses. You can just keep hitting them and wearing them down over time. I tend to end siege battles when I go down, as my troops tend to get really stupid at that point.
Yeah I'm aware of the cheese strategies but I just don't like doing them.

High Skill in bow helps a lot to defeat way stronger (in numbers) towns. But once you manage to get one, the problems start rising. without a kingdom, the only thing you can do then is, to set in and wait. Wait to get enough militia in it, wait for a distraction. AI prefer another weaker castle/town.
Most of the time, i wait until an Empire Faction is weak enough to ambush, and then boost defenses and militia.
This playstyle would perfect go with rougery but it lacks in game mechanics to do well enough. If TW brakes another Safegame from me with a patch, il try it again with the new perks.

Back
Top Bottom