Character dying,,,what now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hmmm. I WAS going to look at the 1.5.1 beta but I think I'll stay on the 1.5.0 for now.
Sounds like a lot of frustration ...

Hmmm. I WAS going to look at the 1.5.1 beta but I think I'll stay on the 1.5.0 for now.
Sounds like a lot of frustration ...
I'm playing on 1.5.... Deaths both in battle and old age is working fine. A few died in battle, but only if you (the hero is present) which is kinda silly, but anyway.

Deaths is working

I'm playing on 1.5.... Deaths both in battle and old age is working fine. A few died in battle, but only if you (the hero is present) which is kinda silly, but anyway.

Deaths is working
Did your dead companions have a job? I can't choose a new Surgeon and so on when they die.

You guys are right. Thinking back, I just did not check the death options in this 1.5.0 game. Undoubtedly I would have noticed.
Okay, since we know how to turn off the deaths completely, what is the answer to deaths being annoying?
I would suppose the companions and relatives would be the most annoying; so would the devs need to 'buff up' those?

Did your dead companions have a job? I can't choose a new Surgeon and so on when they die.
Same happen to me, but I realizar with town or tavern dialogues you can rearrange roles to the New companions. The Clan list overview for each party isn't working.

I just can't like death system. I see stupid use my companions as babies in battle that can't fight if I don't want to pray rng jesus in order to keep them alive. I don't see it like "play tactical", is just rng.

Did you try talking to the companion you want to assign the role in town? That should allow you to bypass it, at least until a bugfix is in place.

Hey, It did work.. thank, i didn't need go into town however... I just talked to my engineer then also gave him the role of surgeon then dismissed him as surgeon... He kept being engineer and now I can asign a new medic

But, I hope they fix this problem next time

Happend to me with my Brother and my surgeon. I can't even choose a new surgeon.....

EDIT:
You have to physically talk with the new surgeon. Then you can make her/him into the new one
Yes, you can't manage the roles in clan screen.

I just can't like death system. I see stupid use my companions as babies in battle that can't fight if I don't want to pray rng jesus in order to keep them alive. I don't see it like "play tactical", is just rng.
You can disable "permanent death" option afaik.

I recently lost one of my companions who has been through a lot with my character. It would be nice if...
a) the game made a major effort to tell you rather than just slipping into into, and then quickly out of, the log
and
b) if you could choose to maybe spend some money and have a funeral pyre-type scene, maybe some of your high tier troops as an honour guard, all you other companions there etc. and then you can give them a proper farewell. If you are Styrgian then go the whole hog and lay them on a small longship and torch it up with a flaming arrow. ?

I recently lost one of my companions who has been through a lot with my character. It would be nice if...
a) the game made a major effort to tell you rather than just slipping into into, and then quickly out of, the log
and
b) if you could choose to maybe spend some money and have a funeral pyre-type scene, maybe some of your high tier troops as an honour guard, all you other companions there etc. and then you can give them a proper farewell. If you are Styrgian then go the whole hog and lay them on a small longship and torch it up with a flaming arrow. ?
Yeah for me the most annoying thing about deaths is that they are only reported on the easily missed log, that doesn't save anyway. You could easily find that a companion, or someone you were trying to befriend or marry, had gone and died behind your back.
I had the heroes must die mod before, that gave a better notification, which was optional.

Back
Top Bottom