New maps. Should we decide on which maps to be deemed competitive?

Users who are viewing this thread

sigi1

Sergeant Knight at Arms
These new maps are great change and a great refresh to us. However, some of these maps may be fun, but are obviously not competitive.Do we want to outlaw some maps?

Strongly disagree, play on all maps to create more variety.

This might be a suitable option when we have more maps to choose from, but at the moment the amount of maps is already low.

I don't think you should ban anything atm. If a map is bad just don't pick it same with faction no need to ban it tbh. Look at nuke for csgo would be a shame if something like that couldn't happen on Bannerlord cause it got banned

The empire map is very fun, but C flag will need some adjusting. Port of Omur looks incredible but needs a rework to be balanced.
Can you go into more details about whats wrong with C?

The Feedback thread for those maps will be going up soon. We are in some gamescom stress right now, sorry for the delay. Feel free to PM me/us feedback about them (I made the empire city one, @cuce made the port one)

Not talking about gameplay because I don't feel I played it enough for that yet, but one of the main issues I have with Port of Omur is that it's fairly dark, making it hard to spot opponents (especially battanians)

The Feedback thread for those maps will be going up soon. We are in some gamescom stress right now, sorry for the delay. Feel free to PM me/us feedback about them (I made the empire city one, @cuce made the port one)
There are two issues with C. The balcony is extremely hard to push, and gives archers an extensive range of not only the flag but also one of the spawns. We had someone who had never played archer before in a competitive match get a pentakill while sitting up there and firing into the fight during a scrimmage against another NA team. The other issue is that due to stairs still being very inconsistent for horses, the large archway/ main entrance is the only viable way for cav to get in or out. This can create a massive bottleneck and also means that one spearman can shut down an entire enemy push. This is inconsistent from every other skirmish mode flag in rotation at the moment and means that certain team comps will be either amazing or terrible depending on if C is the flag that pops or not.

My suggestion would be replace the balcony with a secondary entrance onto C point on the side farthest from the coast. If the stairs and balcony are not removed, they should probably be blocked off at the top of the stairs so at least archers cannot fire into spawn. Having only the stairs would still give Archers an elevated position and terrain cover without making them quite as painful to push.

Otherwise the map is absolutely gorgeous and my favorite map thats been added so far. I especially enjoy A flag and the fights that happen there. Aesthetically the entire scene is excellent and I would love to see more Imperial maps in the future.

There are two issues with C. The balcony is extremely hard to push, and gives archers an extensive range of not only the flag but also one of the spawns. We had someone who had never played archer before in a competitive match get a pentakill while sitting up there and firing into the fight during a scrimmage against another NA team. The other issue is that due to stairs still being very inconsistent for horses, the large archway/ main entrance is the only viable way for cav to get in or out. This can create a massive bottleneck and also means that one spearman can shut down an entire enemy push. This is inconsistent from every other skirmish mode flag in rotation at the moment and means that certain team comps will be either amazing or terrible depending on if C is the flag that pops or not.

My suggestion would be replace the balcony with a secondary entrance onto C point on the side farthest from the coast. If the stairs and balcony are not removed, they should probably be blocked off at the top of the stairs so at least archers cannot fire into spawn. Having only the stairs would still give Archers an elevated position and terrain cover without making them quite as painful to push.

Otherwise the map is absolutely gorgeous and my favorite map thats been added so far. I especially enjoy A flag and the fights that happen there. Aesthetically the entire scene is excellent and I would love to see more Imperial maps in the future.

I understand the issue with the balcony, during the creation I thought mutiple times of blocking it off and we had it in different variations. Just blocking of the top of the stairs is a good middle ground I feel. I'll probably look into that.

About the cav access (to the C flag), its limited on purpose since this flag is a bit further off than the other two. Which is why I tried to make it more defendable than the others, so you are not as punished for going there.
(Actually the way B -> C is only ~2-4 seconds longer than from A -> B, but it certainly is more out of the way, than A).
I think its best to leave it as it is for now, but Ill keep it in mind. Still might make the stairs better for cav though, so they can at least slowly go up there.

Thank you for your feedback

I understand the issue with the balcony, during the creation I thought mutiple times of blocking it off and we had it in different variations. Just blocking of the top of the stairs is a good middle ground I feel. I'll probably look into that.

About the cav access (to the C flag), its limited on purpose since this flag is a bit further off than the other two. Which is why I tried to make it more defendable than the others, so you are not as punished for going there.
(Actually the way B -> C is only ~2-4 seconds longer than from A -> B, but it certainly is more out of the way, than A).
I think its best to leave it as it is for now, but Ill keep it in mind. Still might make the stairs better for cav though, so they can at least slowly go up there.

Thank you for your feedback

I actually like point C because it benefits the defender.
That way clans have to play around the flag mechanics strategically.

Another solution for the balcony could be a second stairway.

If you want to combine the both issues you could enhance tue balkony so that it goes around the corner. Then you could put the 2nd stairway outside of the point, so that the enemy could enter point C over the balcony.

Then again I like it the way it is.

its on me that minimaps being late. they will be up by morning

Back
Top Bottom