Chest come back!! and My Master give me a Town!!

Users who are viewing this thread

a_ver_est

Knight at Arms
Does anyone else miss the chest inside your castles were you could store stuff in WB? I fond it useful to store things that you don't have an immediate use for them but you don't want to shell because they might be useful in future. It was a small but nice feature.

BTW are people getting rewarded with tows when they are a vassal? In my game (1.4.2) it is always the king who gets them and other lords, like me, just get castles. I have read some other people with the same issue but I am not sure if it is bad luck or there is a bug there.

You not getting towns is a combination of bad luck and bad AI, but you can definitely get towns, you just need high influence+high relation and to vote for yourself whenever the opportunity to even do so arises.

The chest feature is still in the game, go to your castle and there should be an option in the menu to store items, not sure how you missed it.
Keep in mind I haven't played in a very long time now so I don't quite recall if it was actually in the menu of your own fief, but I'm almost certain.

You not getting towns is a combination of bad luck and bad AI, but you can definitely get towns, you just need high influence+high relation and to vote for yourself whenever the opportunity to even do so arises.

The chest feature is still in the game, go to your castle and there should be an option in the menu to store items, not sure how you missed it.

Oh my gosh!! I was looking for a physical one like in WB, didn't check the menu.

BTW I will try to improve even more my relation with the ruler, may be this is the problem.

Keep in mind I haven't played in a very long time now so I don't quite recall if it was actually in the menu of your own fief, but I'm almost certain.
I think it's only in the towns menu and there's no storage in castle. Unless it was patched in very recently and I missed it.... but that seems unlikely as nothing has been added in quit some time.

The proximity of the town to your other fiefs (versus that of other lords) is also a roll in determining whether you can vote for yourself or not. Last time I was a vassal I had to obtain a chain of castles leading to and surrounding a town before I could get it over Monchong. SOmoen made a good post about all the inner working of it before but I can't remember the thread name.

I think it's only in the towns menu and there's no storage in castle. Unless it was patched in very recently and I missed it.... but that seems unlikely as nothing has been added in quit some time.

The proximity of the town to your other fiefs (versus that of other lords) is also a roll in determining whether you can vote for yourself or not. Last time I was a vassal I had to obtain a chain of castles leading to and surrounding a town before I could get it over Monchong. SOmoen made a good post about all the inner working of it before but I can't remember the thread name.

Can confirm, item storage is only available in a city. I haven't checked today's patch though.

I surely miss it...and I preferred the physical chest to the option in the menu.

Me too. The menu is convenient, but why not have the chest too? Little things that let us take a break from the gameplay loop (menus and patrolling the world map), let us slow down and enjoy the art the devs have made, are always helpful for immersion in RPGs.

Me too. The menu is convenient, but why not have the chest too? Little things that let us take a break from the gameplay loop (menus and patrolling the world map), let us slow down and enjoy the art the devs have made, are always helpful for immersion in RPGs.
yes, the scenes and the art are extremely well made, I really wish there will be more reasons to interact with it.....also thinking that the UI is like an arcade game, the less I see it, the better.

I was never in the running for a town during a vote. There were lords who had been with our kindom for mere minutes and lords that already had many towns as the choices for voting. Every. Single. Time. They stick you with some god-awful castle when you first join and that is all you get, even if you capture all the towns of the enemy faction yourself. You don't even get the chance to refuse the damn castle.

:xf-frown:

yes, the scenes and the art are extremely well made, I really wish there will be more reasons to interact with it.....also thinking that the UI is like an arcade game, the less I see it, the better.
Lol. Im an amateur graphic artist without the potential or interest to become pro. My journeys through the cities made me feel like a pro. These "pro's" cant even get the texture seems blended on most buildings. They look horroble and some are completely misaligned. Which is strange, considering the model detail ive noticed on some obscure assets most gamers will never notice. A few textures look amazing, most look horrible. Everything seems a little half baked at the moment. Idk.... maybe this is "pro" at the indie level. Far inferior to AAA quality.....

Yeah, Monchug is grabby. After we vanquished the South and West Empires, we had a surfeit of fiefs to hand out. I was nominated for several towns... and the majority votes in favor... and Monchug overruled and gave them to himself. There was 6 -7, I believe, in one gulp. I think Monchug took 'em all.

Recently (last FOUR weeks) every fief successfully sieged had 3 out of a list of about 5 nominated EVERY DAMN TIME. I determined that that was because every time we awarded a fief to one of these jerks, they didn't protect it and soon the enemy got it back. Then again they were out of fiefs and got their names back in contention again. The only way I could see to break this string was to hang around places I'd liberated and protect them for their new owners. Hell, some of the jerks wouldn't even let me in the door of their castle, because they were formerly enemy vassals who had switched to our team, and their bad feelings about me carried over.

I hope this behavior gets modified eventually. No fun at all.

Yeah, Monchug is grabby. After we vanquished the South and West Empires, we had a surfeit of fiefs to hand out. I was nominated for several towns... and the majority votes in favor... and Monchug overruled and gave them to himself. There was 6 -7, I believe, in one gulp. I think Monchug took 'em all.

Recently (last FOUR weeks) every fief successfully sieged had 3 out of a list of about 5 nominated EVERY DAMN TIME. I determined that that was because every time we awarded a fief to one of these jerks, they didn't protect it and soon the enemy got it back. Then again they were out of fiefs and got their names back in contention again. The only way I could see to break this string was to hang around places I'd liberated and protect them for their new owners. Hell, some of the jerks wouldn't even let me in the door of their castle, because they were formerly enemy vassals who had switched to our team, and their bad feelings about me carried over.

I hope this behavior gets modified eventually. No fun at all.
I don't care how many notables hate me, this is worth it everytime!

Back
Top Bottom