We need more new content instead of fixing details

Users who are viewing this thread

What good are new features if it's full of bugs? Have you witnessed the AI attempt to climb 2 ladders yet?
No I knocked down the walls and hide my entire army out of danger while I shoot the entire garrison to death. The AI is not good enough to be trusted to do anything in siege. I'm skeptical if it will really be improved enough to matter, I think TW think siege should be a cluster **** where you lose 75% of your troops no matter what. If the AI worked 'okay' I would still hide my forces, but split off a tiny bit of archers and sneak them in with me to massacre the garrison from within. I would use a small throwaway force to help them get in too. I did this in the 1257 AD mod and Lord of calradia mod.
Can't do it in BL because archers won't shoot inside the walls in any useful manner and only want to rush and melee enemies they see..... and you can't dicide your forces specifically either.

What many people also don't notice is that it will be a lot harder to find Bugs when you have more content so the amount of time you need to fix a single bug can grow with it. And at some point there are so many bugs that you can no longer ignore them and have to fix them but wen you wait for this point many people will complain about the buggy mess they get and you have to stop development for a significant time to fix all the bugs. On the other hand when you fix the bugs when you notice them it may slow down development in the short term but overall you will need less devtime to fix it. So it is perhaps a good idea for the next 6 months to stop fixing bugs but overall it will be more expensive and timeconsuming for the studio and also unpleasant for the players because they get less effective worktime in the finished product or the time to finish it gets longer.

We need more fixed details instead of new content.
There aren't enough dialogue options for example. Unless you would call that new content.

I'm skeptical if it will really be improved enough to matter, I think TW think siege should be a cluster **** where you lose 75% of your troops no matter what.

Remember VC, where you would lose men setting up mantlets, then lose men anyway clearing the ground and setting the ladders anyway? Good times, good times.

(No, seriously, **** that :poop:)

It actually gave the attackers a disadvantage, who would have thought it.

Yes, it did give the attackers a modest disadvantage. The option to put up fieldworks to prevent casualties wound up costing you more casualties than the faster method. That's why it did not make sense.

Last edited:
What many people also don't notice is that it will be a lot harder to find Bugs when you have more content so the amount of time you need to fix a single bug can grow with it. And at some point there are so many bugs that you can no longer ignore them and have to fix them but wen you wait for this point many people will complain about the buggy mess they get and you have to stop development for a significant time to fix all the bugs. On the other hand when you fix the bugs when you notice them it may slow down development in the short term but overall you will need less devtime to fix it. So it is perhaps a good idea for the next 6 months to stop fixing bugs but overall it will be more expensive and timeconsuming for the studio and also unpleasant for the players because they get less effective worktime in the finished product or the time to finish it gets longer.
Yes, thats right, implementing alot of content and fixing afterwards the bugs is much smarter as fixing stuff wich could after the next release bugged again.

Back
Top Bottom