TW devs quotes to give you hope (EDITED)

Users who are viewing this thread

I know i come off as agressive, arrogant and possibly pessimistic in my forum threads, but its because i care deeply about this game and its success.

Here is a list of dev quotes gathered from 2-3 forums threads from the last week, which highlights the increase of TW quality communication lately. These are quotes regarding combat parameters, which is the main thing i'm interested in, and since its pretty much the only aspect of the game we, the community, can truly influence.

"Yes, there is an overabundance of throwing weapons, too many classes have them at the moment.
This is being adjusted."

"Cav mechanics and Spear-Cav relationships have been adjusted. Will be applied with the next MP patch."

"On top of these combat changes, slight adjustments to Cavalry behavior and Crush Through for heavy weapons are also being finalized."

"I don't have an exact change log because it keeps getting adjusted and play tested, but I can say that block, swing, feint, movement speeds are being adjusted among other changes."

"Just for a reminder, we are aware of the issues regarding troop skill levels and we are working to address this issue. Probably not right away, though."

"We will investigate the bash feature. Thanks for the video."

New quotes :

"Heavy Cav armor is getting reduced."

"Kick Slash/Throw/XBow are all getting addressed."

"Almost all horses got adjustments to Maneuverability, Speed and HP, should be on the next MP patch."

I am truly pleased by these statements and looking forward the future of Bannerlord's MP. But indeed, since i'm Yukmouth, i cannot make a 100% positive and optimistic thread. There is one last issue i have yet to gather developper's input, which is a pressing and pretty much universally known issue : The tankiness of the horses. Armored horses are too over the top tanky, and they are way too hard to damage with standard weapons such as Swords and Axes. Spears don't deal enough damage to them, which makes projectiles the only possible ways of killing a horse. And since throwing weapons will likely and very understandably be nerfed, something must be done to make these horses killable.

Last edited:
I know i come off as agressive, arrogant and possibly pessimistic in my forum threads.
dd0.png

Still nice thread!! Thanks for correlating this; a good read. I'm really interested to see what's in this big MP patch they keep saying is coming.

Can you add a quote that gives me hope for the class system? Much appreciated.

"we will remove the class system and make it warband-like"
-Yukmouth 2020

btw i support the class system, i just would like more customization choices to it other than just weapons. Gear customization, especially helms, would add some flavour to it.

There is one last issue i have yet to gather developper's input, which is a pressing and pretty much universally known issue : The tankiness of the horses. Armored horses are too over the top tanky, and they are way too hard to damage with standard weapons such as Swords and Axes. Spears don't deal enough damage to them, which makes projectiles the only possible ways of killing a horse. And since throwing weapons will likely and very understandably be nerfed, something must be done to make these horses killable.
There's probably nothing about that because there's nothing wrong with armoured horses HP and armour. If they were easily killed with any weapon there would be no point in taking them compared to lighter horses perks/classes. That seems pretty obvious to me tbh. I don't get how you would justify making armoured horses as tanky as lighter ones.

There's probably nothing about that because there's nothing wrong with armoured horses HP and armour. If they were easily killed with any weapon there would be no point in taking them compared to lighter horses perks/classes. That seems pretty obvious to me tbh. I don't get how you would justify making armoured horses as tanky as lighter ones.

Do you even play the game mate ? Or you just go on the forum and say nothing is wrong on a game thats been dying since release ?

edit : and who the hell talked about making armoured horses as tanky as unarmored one ? Do you take me for a unrational fool ?

"we will remove the class system and make it warband-like"
-Yukmouth 2020

btw i support the class system, i just would like more customization choices to it other than just weapons. Gear customization, especially helms, would add some flavour to it.
Full customization is the best, what we have is some low level amateur system that didn't understand anything what made warband great

Full customization is the best, what we have is some low level amateur system that didn't understand anything what made warband great

I liked Warband system too, but im kinda enjoying how easily you get to know what you're dealing with just by taking a quick look at your opponent as opposed to the clownish looks people were posing as in warband

Armored horses are too over the top tanky, and they are way too hard to damage with standard weapons such as Swords and Axes. Spears don't deal enough damage to them
Someone will say this, So I'll become a fun-hater and say
That's why armor exists! You can't cut through armor. You shouldn't kill horses easily. In medieval times killing horses wasn't an easy thing, you shouldn't have fun because that is historically accurate.

I like how you went straight for ad hominem without bothering addressing the argument. Well played.

Dude im not gonna argue about something thats been pinned down by tons of people already ? Horses are too tanky, like we're way past that now. Find a new issue to address that hasnt been debated already.

Someone will say this, So I'll become a fun-hater and say
That's why armor exists! You can't cut through armor. You shouldn't kill horses easily. In medieval times killing horses wasn't an easy thing, you shouldn't have fun because that is historically accurate.

Realism isnt good gameplay, otherwise we should always bleed from our wounds and die. And we should get exhausted til we unable to lift our damn swords. We should die from infection mid fight and be underfed all the time. Sergent should have 0 accuracy because of their helm and a headshot of any kind should put anyone on the ground. A blunt weapon should cave in your armor and break your bones, getting hit in the hands should make you lose your weapons and we should tumble into stuff on the ground. Realism is not good gameplay.

Argumentum ad populum and whatever this "we're way past that now" fallacy is. Sure thing, buddy.
Or you're just wrong.

There is more chance of you being wrong then the majority being wrong. Its simple maths tork.

I liked Warband system too, but im kinda enjoying how easily you get to know what you're dealing with just by taking a quick look at your opponent as opposed to the clownish looks people were posing as in warband
The same issue will be in bannerlord, people are all the time looting stuff, and cosmetics are gona make it harder for you to make a difference between the guy having the improved armor perk or not

A blunt weapon should cave in your armor and break your bones
Just a sidenote that's not how armour works(0:36):

I'll argue with anyone else but you buddy. I'm not gonna get baited by your pointless trolling that always revolve around saying "the game is perfectly fine as it is".
That's a lie and you know it. And there's nothing to be trolled by, you avoided argument with some fallacies and that's it, end of story.

Also avoid doubleposting, combine your posts instead.

Realism isnt good gameplay, otherwise we should always bleed from our wounds and die. And we should get exhausted til we unable to lift our damn swords. We should die from infection mid fight and be underfed all the time. Sergent should have 0 accuracy because of their helm and a headshot of any kind should put anyone on the ground. A blunt weapon should cave in your armor and break your bones, getting hit in the hands should make you lose your weapons and we should tumble into stuff on the ground. Realism is not good gameplay.
That's why I said fun-hater. Extreme realism can be bad for games and is bad for Bannerlord

Btw there are some mistakes in your examples but I think we all got your point

These quotes have been nice to read, but I wish they'd be more concrete. Simply saying "we're adjusting this" gives us no insight into their vision. For all we know – though I'm assuming that this isn't the case – they could be buffing cavalry. I'd appreciate devs saying things like "we've recognized that X is a problem, so we're looking into doing Y." That would invite more helpful discussion and feedback; right now, the only topical response to their statements seems to be either "thanks" or a snide comment.

Back
Top Bottom