Will you lose all hope if the next patch isnt HUGELY oriented towards MP ?

Users who are viewing this thread

I haven't played Mordhau, but it looks like it lacks a lot of the joys of Warband MP, despite the obvious similarities.

Bannerlord MP isn't very good at the moment, but the potential is still there, as shown by Warband MP. It might not be as casual and broad in its appeal as SP, but popularity has nothing to do with quality. Warband MP was a jewel of a game. I wish TW would do a better job of curating it, rather than ruining it with lackluster design choices.

I agree, in due time, Bannerlord's multiplayer will be great, I think they just need to take in feedback and re-design little bits here and there. I pointed out the game "Mordhau" simply as an alternative until Bannerlord improves, because the masses continue to cry and threaten the game with bad reviews, insulting videos or just bad reputation... which is unfair in my opinion. They seem to forget that Taleworlds began as a university project by a couple of students merely a decade or so ago... it's not an ancient games developer that has made millions or billions over the decades and doesn't have huge organisations and sub-contractors to parcel out projects to.

I agree, in due time, Bannerlord's multiplayer will be great, I think they just need to take in feedback and re-design little bits here and there. I pointed out the game "Mordhau" simply as an alternative until Bannerlord improves, because the masses continue to cry and threaten the game with bad reviews, insulting videos or just bad reputation... which is unfair in my opinion. They seem to forget that Taleworlds began as a university project by a couple of students merely a decade or so ago... it's not an ancient games developer that has made millions or billions over the decades and doesn't have huge organisations and sub-contractors to parcel out projects to.
imagine justifying a lack of quality. With all the copies they sold of Bannerlord, at FULL price, they have the resources to make it good, but they aren't.

imagine justifying a lack of quality. With all the copies they sold of Bannerlord, at FULL price, they have the resources to make it good, but they aren't.

I'm not justifying anything... All I'm saying is be forgiving. Would you prefer them to be like Bethesda and sell you a completed game, absolutely riddled with bugs even a decade later, then re-releasing the same bug filled game?

Or would you prefer they put microtransactions and online gambling in there like EA Games, Ubisoft and Activision Blizzard?

unknown.png

Anybody who says "Mp is fine" and "Sp is in a more dire position than MP" is an obvious troll who lies about playing MP. I play SP and MP, both, arguably spent more hours in SP, but i am very active in MP as well. And let me tell you that SP is on a whole different stratosphere of polishment compared to MP. SP is like so close to official release state (with modding tools of course). As soon as the diplomacy is without flaws, the game is, imo, completed. It is not TW's job to add content to Native Bannerlord, just like there was 0 content in Native Warband. Bannerlord is just the skeleton that modders will use to expand the SP experience. MP on the other hand, is completely being neglected so much we should call child abuse.

The combat is so unresponsive, only super pro players that practiced hours and hours are abble to deal with it (the others playing TDM casually). There are no maps, no balancement, classes are poorly done, some factions are just straight up garbage. Cavalry is sucking every last bit of fun in the game with its 3 mph speed horse bumps that knocks you on the ground so long you receive 3 hits from their infantry teamates.

Block delay is so huge, nobody plays 2h in competitive Bannerlord, since doing a side swing with a 2h is basicly signing your own death sentence if the ennemy starts a swing in the opposite side (voulge, menav and 2h axe are too heavy, therefore you wont block on the opposite side in time cuz of block delay).

Horses have so much hp it takes 6 spear hits and 10 arrows to kill them, while infantry hits the horses with big fat swords for 12 all the time. You knock a cav off his horse, you want to kill the horse so nobody uses it, you deal a 8 dmg on it and it runs away, making you lose so much time killing it your team will get surrounded.

Throwing weapons are completely ridiculous. More than half the kills happening in a skirmish match are done by any form of throwing spear or projectile (pilas being the absolute most OP of the bunch, basicly a oneshot kill 75% of the time).

Yesterday i shot an heavy armor shield user ennemy in the pinky toe underneath his shield for 47 damage with a Light Crossbow (empire). 47 damage... unblockable... do i need to keep going on that one ?

You dont see that much crap in singleplayer, and nothing you'll say will make me deny that, because i have more hours in SP than MP for a total of 369 hours since i bought the game.

I'm not justifying anything... All I'm saying is be forgiving. Would you prefer them to be like Bethesda and sell you a completed game, absolutely riddled with bugs even a decade later, then re-releasing the same bug filled game?

Or would you prefer they put microtransactions and online gambling in there like EA Games, Ubisoft and Activision Blizzard?
Or be like TW and charging full price for an incomplete game, or be like TW and not providing services to all regions, or be like TW and not communicating in a EA ?

Or be like TW and charging full price for an incomplete game, or be like TW and not providing services to all regions, or be like TW and not communicating in a EA ?

To be fair, they did give 2 discounts at the start... 1 for pre-purchase, the other for Corona Virus.
I didn't know they didn't provide services to all regions, bad sales logistics/management I guess?
Yeah, communication is important, I don't understand why they are so quiet. Creative Assembly does this in their Total War games... it's kinda annoying.

Anybody who says "Mp is fine" and "Sp is in a more dire position than MP" is an obvious troll who lies about playing MP. I play SP and MP, both, arguably spent more hours in SP, but i am very active in MP as well. And let me tell you that SP is on a whole different stratosphere of polishment compared to MP. SP is like so close to official release state (with modding tools of course). As soon as the diplomacy is without flaws, the game is, imo, completed. It is not TW's job to add content to Native Bannerlord, just like there was 0 content in Native Warband. Bannerlord is just the skeleton that modders will use to expand the SP experience. MP on the other hand, is completely being neglected so much we should call child abuse.

We are not trolls but realists. I don't know what the hell you are talking about, sp is not even remotely close to some kind of a finished state. It is 100% TW job to add content to native Bannerlord, what else is the job of a developer team? Bannerlord is supposed to be a game, not a Skeleton. Native Warband didn't had that much content, but this was 10 years ago and it was still enough to keep people playing 1000+ hours (without mods) that seems plenty enough to me. Imagine if all developers just release raw, unfinished structures and let their paying community build it to a playable game, thats just rediculous.

The combat is so unresponsive, only super pro players that practiced hours and hours are abble to deal with it (the others playing TDM casually). There are no maps, no balancement, classes are poorly done, some factions are just straight up garbage. Cavalry is sucking every last bit of fun in the game with its 3 mph speed horse bumps that knocks you on the ground so long you receive 3 hits from their infantry teamates.

Block delay is so huge, nobody plays 2h in competitive Bannerlord, since doing a side swing with a 2h is basicly signing your own death sentence if the ennemy starts a swing in the opposite side (voulge, menav and 2h axe are too heavy, therefore you wont block on the opposite side in time cuz of block delay).

Horses have so much hp it takes 6 spear hits and 10 arrows to kill them, while infantry hits the horses with big fat swords for 12 all the time. You knock a cav off his horse, you want to kill the horse so nobody uses it, you deal a 8 dmg on it and it runs away, making you lose so much time killing it your team will get surrounded.

Throwing weapons are completely ridiculous. More than half the kills happening in a skirmish match are done by any form of throwing spear or projectile (pilas being the absolute most OP of the bunch, basicly a oneshot kill 75% of the time).

Yesterday i shot an heavy armor shield user ennemy in the pinky toe underneath his shield for 47 damage with a Light Crossbow (empire). 47 damage... unblockable... do i need to keep going on that one ?

You dont see that much crap in singleplayer, and nothing you'll say will make me deny that, because i have more hours in SP than MP for a total of 369 hours since i bought the game.

Yes, there still are problems with multiplayer but don't let me try to list even a glimpse of sp's problems.. Just take a look at the sp bug reports and compare it to the mp bug reports.

To be fair, they did give 2 discounts at the start... 1 for pre-purchase, the other for Corona Virus.
I didn't know they didn't provide services to all regions, bad sales logistics/management I guess?
Yeah, communication is important, I don't understand why they are so quiet. Creative Assembly does this in their Total War games... it's kinda annoying.

It's kinda community killing. It's like holding community's head under water and slowly suffocating it while letting it sometimes get above the water surface just to shove it down again.

We are not trolls but realists. I don't know what the hell you are talking about, sp is not even remotely close to some kind of a finished state. It is 100% TW job to add content to native Bannerlord, what else is the job of a developer team? Bannerlord is supposed to be a game, not a Skeleton. Native Warband didn't had that much content, but this was 10 years ago and it was still enough to keep people playing 1000+ hours (without mods) that seems plenty enough to me. Imagine if all developers just release raw, unfinished structures and let their paying community build it to a playable game, thats just rediculous.

Yes, there still are problems with multiplayer but don't let me try to list even a glimpse of sp's problems.. Just take a look at the sp bug reports and compare it to the mp bug reports.
still doesn't change the fact that there are 2 different teams. So who cares about SP problems in the MP section

It's kinda community killing. It's like holding community's head under water and slowly suffocating it while letting it sometimes get above the water surface just to shove it down again.

I agree, it is exactly like that.

still doesn't change the fact that there are 2 different teams. So who cares about SP problems in the MP section

It's not about sections... the topic of this post is:

which is an invitation for ALL sections to voice their opinions, including us who enjoy single player.The next patch really needs to be a content patch, rather than just bug fixes... content primarily for Single Player... but yes also Multiplayer. If the patch goes primarily to MP problems... it leaves out the MEAT of the game (which is SP for most people).

I agree with this post. Mods do not make the game... I didn't even use mods until much later for the original M&B because I was satisfied by the base game (until I stopped burning villages and started capturing towns, then I really wanted Kingdom Management stuff, like we saw in Sword of Damocles mod)

I REALLY hope Taleworlds doesn't have this mindset too... thinking that we paid such a sum for a "skeleton" game, so that modders could do their work... no thanks. I'd expect that from Bethesda games, but not from Taleworlds. The Modders on this game are truly excellent and many of them deserve to be called artists for the time and dedication they put into their work and then to offer it freely to the community... but in all games I personally prefer to play the Base Game, and sometimes with little mod tweaks for amusement or convenience.

The question is, how big are these teams? I'm sure the sp team is way larger.

I REALLY hope Taleworlds doesn't have this mindset too... thinking that we paid such a sum for a "skeleton" game, so that modders could do their work... no thanks. I'd expect that from Bethesda games, but not from Taleworlds. The Modders on this game are truly excellent and many of them deserve to be called artists for the time and dedication they put into their work and then to offer it freely to the community... but in all games I personally prefer to play the Base Game, and sometimes with little mod tweaks for amusement or convenience.

Mods are not there to complete a game, but to enhance it when you did everything the original game has to offer.

Last edited:
I just wonder how hard it is to change proficiencies in different classes, or lower the hp/armour of the Panzerpferde.

I'm not a coder, but I wouldn't suspect it would require an entire game overhaul.

I just wonder how hard it is to change proficiencies in different classes, or lower the hp/armour of the Panzerpferde.

I'm not a coder, but I wouldn't suspect it would require an entire game overhaul.

I would speculate that it doesnt take a great effort at all. The balancing part though does take great effort. Just shouting around "nerf this", "buff that" is easy. Actually finding balance requires work, many tests etc.

Obviously the section that has a massive open world with plethora of different units, AI, settlements and so on will have more bugs than the section with less unit types, limited maps, no constant changing economy, etc. It's a common goal that we want as few bugs as possible and in that sense the game is moving in the right direction because we're sure the devs are limiting bugs. The MP community's frustration is that we're not sure if the game is going the right way combat wise. During beta it was a 1 step forward 2 steps back deal for awhile and when meaningful changes to combat (which is seen as flawed) seem to come very slowly and with no confirmation on whether the devs are content or what they are changing when it comes to balance/combat it leaves us to wonder if the game ever will reach the pristine combat and balance we hope for.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe that for SP they have a somewhat coherent road chart that tells you that "Yes the game is in EA but here is what we want to do for you and all the features we hope to fix and add" It leaves less room for dissatisfaction knowing the game is going in the right direction compared to the MP "Yes hello we hope we are making it better, we're not sure how though if only we had skilled experts in this combat thing that knew how it could make more sense and allow the players to feel rewarded when they do something well or punish them for being dum dum so there actually WAS a combat system people could improve in besides learning metas."

kk, in future though, you may want to read the title of the topic

which means the topic is asking for opinions, not "if you don't primarily play multiplayer, your opinion doesn't matter".
You came in here saying that mp is fine and it doesn't have issues like this part from you says everything you know about MP side of this game, also you said that they should focus on sp more if you want them to focus on sp just go back to your forum and comment there and you're suggesting we should play some mordhau, what mordhau has to do with anything here???

You came in here saying that mp is fine and it doesn't have issues like this part from you says everything you know about MP side of this game, also you said that they should focus on sp more if you want them to focus on sp just go back to your forum and comment there and you're suggesting we should play some mordhau, what mordhau has to do with anything here???
Couldn't agree more, saying you think multiplayer is not worth the time of the devs, on the multiplayer section is completely stupid.

Just forget about bannerlord and come back in a year, we have waited this long we mayaswell wait another year for them to sort out their **** and give server files.

I would speculate that it doesnt take a great effort at all. The balancing part though does take great effort. Just shouting around "nerf this", "buff that" is easy. Actually finding balance requires work, many tests etc.
How many tests do we need to see that horses are way too strong, and Rabble riding chargers with a horn bow seems off?

Back
Top Bottom