Beta Patch Notes e1.4.2

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also ran into this last night.

When trying to convince a lord to join your kingdom, the dialogue bugs out and cannot progress.

I figured it might be due to a mod, but if others are experiencing this then it's a new bug in 1.4.2.

I also confirm, that I can't persuade any Lord due the same bug. The game is running on the 1.4.2 Beta version and I didn't apply any mods.

Inappropriate behavior
I stopped playing but this proves again, that they don´t test the basic functions themself before they release an update.

I mean there is even that much stuff to do right now and they still don´t test it?

Yep, I returned to see if there's any meaningful progress with the game, saw this thread and concluded that there's still a bug fest going on.

- snip -

PS. Yeah, yeah, we know its beta branch, but it doesn't mean it needs to be neglected for weeks before game breaking bugs get fixed. Introduce feature based branching for God sake...

Last edited by a moderator:
My experience sofar with this patch:

* insane passive xp gains, don't get me wrong: I love playing with 30 fian champions, but not after just chasing 8 looters or riding around for two days (guess someone mistyped a digit somewhere)
* no wonder there aren't any wars or sieges; average town garrison is over 500!! coupled with 250+ militia, you would need a 2000+ army to smash a dent in that!
* where did al the bandits go???? Haven't seen any forest bandits, mountain bandits, sea bandits or dessert bandits??? only looters and steppe bandits
* every one is a lord in conversations, even the ladys (or everyone likes to dress up as one)
* some bugs in the hideout scenes (but that could be because I decided to use calradia expanded this playthrough), but I think it is related to the fact that there are no bandits but looters active on the map

Last edited:
Yep, I returned to see if there's any meaningful progress with the game, saw this thread and concluded that there's still a bug fest going on.

While normal people keep pressuring devs to come up with hotfixes for game breaking bugs, I expect that all we will get is being rushed by foaming fan boys bullying us to stop criticizing developers and and enjoy the game lol

PS. Yeah, yeah, we know its beta branch, but it doesn't mean it needs to be neglected for weeks before game breaking bugs get fixed. Introduce feature based branching for God sake...
I kinda agree. What's worse is that quite often with almost every big /minor update some basic things get broken or some old irritating bugs return and it takes time for devs to fix them again. Feels like we're running in circles.

My experience sofar with this patch:

* insane passive xp gains, don't get me wrong: I love playing with 30 fian champions, but not after just chasing 8 looters or riding around for two days (guess someone mistyped a digit somewhere)
* no wonder there aren't any wars or sieges; average town garrison is over 500!! coupled with 250+ militia, you would need a 2000+ army to smash a dent in that!
* where did al the bandits go???? Haven't seen any forest bandits, mountain bandits, sea bandits or dessert bandits??? only looters and steppe bandits
* every one is a lord in conversations, even the ladys (or everyone likes to dress up as one)
* some bugs in the hideout scenes (but that could be because I decided to use calradia expanded this playthrough), but I think it is related to the fact that there are no bandits but looters active on the map
well i have all the bandits in my play though...And i have seen 6 towns change hands many times around the map. 4 years have past,,, and the map has not changed much this is how it should be. so we can have time to grow as a player and for our kids to grow and we still have a game to master.

my current game (new game no mods)

1.4.2 Autumn 6, 1087
Asarai 0 wars
Battania 1 against WE
Khuzait 1 NE
NE 2 against WE, Khuzait
Sturgia 0
Vlandia 0
WE 3
SE 1

Asarai war support against :

NE 11%
Khuzait 80 %
Battania 11%
WE 50%
SE 22%
Sturgia 11%
Vlandia 11%

My current 1.412 game:

Summer 1, 1085:

All of the factions: 0 wars

:grin:

The lack of bandits is probably due to the mod. Since it adds so many new settlements, there is less place for bandit hideouts to spawn.

well they finally did goto war against the Khuzait but it was a disaster
they took a castle gave it to me then rode of .. the khuzait took it back
they come back take the castle and the town and disband their army and give both to me (im a lvl 2 clan, in no position to hold that)
the Khuzai took it back , always when you lose a fief theres a penalty to the leader relation
this happens one more time, finally a army of 350 shows up to defend against the 500
i join em with my 120, thinking even if we lose the town will be safe
we lost not by much but we lost (all my nice troops are gone , im still weeping) another 900 Khuzait army shows up and takes town and castle
basically were back to day 1 minus a 500 man army from both
now they Asarai try to sue for peace paying 500 per day , i vote against with my spare influence winning 55 to 45 or so
next day another peace vote only now 250 per day i vote against it
soon after new vote this time on equal terms no influence left so peace is called

the campain AI needs to get better, it needs to understand that it need to defend

also they are always creating HUGE armies in PEACE times, and i mean huge , even inviting me (that i have never seen before)

Well I've just started on the new patch I gave it a few days to settle before I installed it.
First impressions are good some things seem better Like I joined an army for a battle and they gave me a choice of what to command
I picked the horse archers (maybe it was in before but I never noticed that ) Some of the menus seem better

I played for a bit without mods then installed a few mods they all worked without any crashes

The economy appears tighter as in it seems more difficult to make a profit from trading.
Getting awarded a castle from your faction costs you lots of money wish I could decline it, its a financial millstone with little benefit I tried just leaving it for a while but they didnt seem to want it back.

Garrison costs seem more expensive, maybe its because theres less war and I dont make as much from loot but I feel poorer in some way.
Thank heavens for tanner workshops the only way I can keep my troops paid.
Peace stops me raiding caravans one of my favourite pursuits..

As part of the Khuzait faction we were at war with northern Empire we actually had an ally the southern empire I'm not sure what allies do if there is a benefit to them or not.

Khuzait made peace but I cant get into the northern cities to trade even though we are at peace they wont let me in.
Maybe theres a timer or something on it I hope there is and its not a bug because it would be a good mechanism ( you cant trade for say a month after declaring peace or something like that as it takes them time to start trusting you inside their cities )

Couple of things I've noticed

When having a companion party in the army the Infantry sometimes wont go into formation ( hitting f5 and unhorsing seems to fix it )
so it probably has something to do with the companion on a horse being assigned as the infantry commander, unhorsing him
is probably a good idea anyway as it also stops him running ahead on his horse and attacking way before the infantry he's supposed to command.

Troops are still turning back wards then forwards when commanded to charge gets some shield men killed by arrows and looks a bit naff

i also stopped playing untill hotfix is there.
i have my kingdom with 2 vasalls.
thats not enough to become bigger.

so i cant play till vasall hotfix

If you can't get into a town or city i found paying a gift to the clan the controlled it to increase relation to positive solved the issue. £10k was enough with a -5 relation.

Figured out why I cant get in I'm a wanted criminal : ) to the whole northen empire as far as I can tell.

Must be becuase I attacked a few of their caravans

When having a companion party in the army the Infantry sometimes wont go into formation ( hitting f5 and unhorsing seems to fix it )
so it probably has something to do with the companion on a horse being assigned as the infantry commander, unhorsing him
is probably a good idea anyway as it also stops him running ahead on his horse and attacking way before the infantry he's supposed to command.

i always give them bows and put em in the skirmish horse archer group

Definitely a mod's fault. I play with a few insubstantual mods and have no problems with bandits. I can't find the new quest though.

First impressions are good some things seem better Like I joined an army for a battle and they gave me a choice of what to command
I picked the horse archers (maybe it was in before but I never noticed that ) Some of the menus seem better

That´s not new, correct me if I´m wrong, but it was in the game since launch. There aren´t really new features since launch, only some fixed stuff which introduced new bugs. I don´t see a lot of improvements after 9-10 weeks. That´s the problem...

They claim stuff X is fixed and most of the time it isn´t. They claim to add stuff Y and new bugs occur, they have like no QA because we paid to be their QA and it´s annoying.

From their perspective, that´s a great deal! Release a game without much content, demand full price for it, have the buyers test the updates. A really good business model from TW.

Most of their updates are just shots in the dark and they hope they´ll improve the game, most of the time they don´t and just make it worse.

The modders are the guys who really improve the game and make it playable when you reach mid game (early game is fun even with vanilla). But then TW release another update which does nothing and a lot of mods break, which is ok for an EA game if they would improve the game...but as I said, no internal QA...

I repeat myself but there a lot of mods which only fixes known bugs but TW themselves doesn´t bother to fix those bugs so you need to rely on the modders, that´s sad for a full price game.

Example:

Formation bug, reported like 8 weeks ago (?!) still not fixed, mods fixed it like 3 weeks after release....community patch....and so on...

I´ve lost my hope in TW, i don´t think they´ll be able to deliver a decent game in a year. TW took like 4 weeks (?) to fix those useless unit stats like units with 2-handed weapons had 1-handed skill, mods fixed it a few days after it was discovered, and that was just changing some numbers in XML filles. Nothing I could do because I´ve never tried to mod, but I expect the dev of a game to fix easy stuff like this fast. Also I´m not getting paid from TW but instead paid them to play this game.

The diplomancy mod does a better job than TW when it comes down on options for diplomancy, that´s also sad....

Thanks to all you modders who try to keep this game playable and fun. It´s like fighting against wind mills I guess (Don Quichote).

Keep in mind, they don´t get paid or earn anything if TW sells another copy of this game.They do it because they love the game (I guess), I wish TW also would love their game.

Remeber the first time the truce period was introduced? It was removed shortly without any replacement (before it was added again) even one of the devs (mexxico) said that this wasn´t a good idea and he tried to prevent it but failed. Doesn´t this tell you enough?

I bet that like 90% of all players would agree that the truce period improved the game at this point, still TW did whatever they want even if one/more of their own devs were against it....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom