Warband is better than bannerlord

Users who are viewing this thread

KioDable

Recruit
I played both games like 200+ hours in singleplayer mode and in my opinion Warband is better than bannerlord. Now some people are going to ask why do you think it that way in Warband marriages was harder, it was easy but harder than Bannerlord, in Warband ladies had aspirants that you may wish to fight to be the first for the lady, in Bannerlord there's non you just talk do a mini quiz and done! you're married after paying like 5k dinnars. Also there were men had claims to the thrones that you can lead a rebellion with a king in your army and if you decide to do that, that was hard because you had to conquer a whole kingdom, I think they had a game that is already good and got it worse with better graphics, I do not say the game is bad, there are new ways of sieges that I liked so much, new quests you can ask for lords and new clan feature that helps you a lot but that's it, no more. I know that game is still in early access but I think they should added as better too because we liked game of them, If ladies are now that easy to marry why should we wait for them to send a message to us or another aspirants that wishes to marry her that is why I posted a new thread I just wanted to say that.

Unfortunately you can't really compare a finished game with a skeleton of a game with good graphics:smile:

But as it stands you are totally right, at the moment Bannerlord is incredibly shallow and dominated by RNG.
While bugs fixing and balance will happen, i suspect the RNG will stay:sad:

I don't know, I am super skeptical at this point, to have something like Warband we would have to wait for years, that is why I am afraid they will just drop "depth" all together, it seems to me that a lot of players were attracted by MP, TW themselves spent lots of resources developing it AND it released before SP.....so yeah, it seems to me they are dropping SP in favor of some easier money...
I am not interested in hack and slash, I like to build a story and interact with the world in a deep and intricate way, in Warband we had it, here we don't even see it on the horizon...

I personally find Bannerlord better even in its current state. I think we have really nice features which Warband lacks and they make the game much more enjoyable for me.

On the other hand, I do agree with there are some basic aspects and features from Warband which are pretty nice and there are still missing in Bannerlord.

Bannerlord still needs a lot of polishing and getting new content but it is already pretty good. Sadly we are not getting new content as fast as I thought we would be able to get.

in Warband ladies had aspirants
Dude if you're marrying a Lady in warband, you're doing it wrong! You gotta be the lady and marry a dude with a castle! It's even easier then BL marrage too, you don't have to pay anything if you're a lady and you get free garrison! You make more free garrisons wherever you want when you're queen too! It's so good!

Bannerlord marriage is blatantly just unfinished placeholder version right now. You're not wrong to say finished warband is better then unfinished BL. It's just silly to compare a compete game to a game that needs at least 9 months more before it's complete version. Even the warband that you've played has had many fixes too since it's release. Even then warband is an enhanced version of the original M&B.

I played both games like 200+ hours in singleplayer mode and in my opinion Warband is better than bannerlord. Now some people are going to ask why do you think it that way in Warband marriages was harder, it was easy but harder than Bannerlord, in Warband ladies had aspirants that you may wish to fight to be the first for the lady, in Bannerlord there's non you just talk do a mini quiz and done! you're married after paying like 5k dinnars. Also there were men had claims to the thrones that you can lead a rebellion with a king in your army and if you decide to do that, that was hard because you had to conquer a whole kingdom, I think they had a game that is already good and got it worse with better graphics, I do not say the game is bad, there are new ways of sieges that I liked so much, new quests you can ask for lords and new clan feature that helps you a lot but that's it, no more. I know that game is still in early access but I think they should added as better too because we liked game of them, If ladies are now that easy to marry why should we wait for them to send a message to us or another aspirants that wishes to marry her that is why I posted a new thread I just wanted to say that.

Ehm Bannerlord isnt finished..

I correctly understood that Warband EA is better than Bannerlord EA?

In every situation BL has huge potential,atm is more that unfinished i would say and undesireable to play after you see whats going on lol but these guys although their strange ways of communicating,i mean you have to dig to find every lil hotfix,are putting some hard work down (often breaking things that were ok before) but they update and update all the time making me having hope and PATIENCE kids yeah patience is the key here.This game will be good either way by TW or community no matter the skeleton is here so it can and will impove.

yup, comparisons at this early stage are a bit silly really. I fear that even though the OP of this thread is polite, this will just serve as a bit of a pointless flame thread.

Well, I played both in EA... The problem I have with Bannerlord, compared to M&B, is not that it's unfinished, it's that the core design and rules are incoherent. M&B at start was fairly minimal at start but the core combat and character felt right, if limited. BL seems designed by committee.
You know the joke about a camel being a horse designed by a committee ? That's how I thinlk Bl looks like at this point. That's more worrying that it not being fleshed out, which is normal at this stage.

Well, I played both in EA... The problem I have with Bannerlord, compared to M&B, is not that it's unfinished, it's that the core design and rules are incoherent. M&B at start was fairly minimal at start but the core combat and character felt right, if limited. BL seems designed by committee.
You know the joke about a camel being a horse designed by a committee ? That's how I thinlk Bl looks like at this point. That's more worrying that it not being fleshed out, which is normal at this stage.

I feel that this hits the spot. To me fighting non stop in the arena in Warband is more enjoyable than playing Bannerlord. Mostly because combat in Bannerlord is fundamentally wonky.

Simply put, you're comparing an unfinished project to an already finished and polished out game.
Be patient and wait until full release of BL, then, do the compartment between the two.

I went and got Warband to see what that was like. I'm now hoping that by the time they get Bannerlord finished and polished it's as good as Warband, even if it's janky and fugly in its age.

I'm a bit surprised they didn't just take Warband and give it better graphics as a starting point for Bannerlord EA. I wasn't waiting years like other fans, so I suspect that would have disappointed them. I will say I'm not too sure about this BL xp - skills - levels after seeing the xp - level - skills version in WB.

Simply put, you're comparing an unfinished project to an already finished and polished out game.
Be patient and wait until full release of BL, then, do the compartment between the two.
I mean no, banerlord's direction is completely different to warband. Even as a bare skeleton, it isn't the same game with better graphics/improved features bare. Some of the "improved" features are shocking and won't get any better. Clans... marriage....kingdom creation.... yeh..

it seems to me that a lot of players were attracted by MP, TW themselves spent lots of resources developing it AND it released before SP.....so yeah, it seems to me they are dropping SP in favor of some easier money...
I am not interested in hack and slash, I like to build a story and interact with the world in a deep and intricate way, in Warband we had it, here we don't even see it on the horizon...

I mean if the singleplayer crowd think Taleworlds is pandering to the multiplayer crowd, and the vice versa, who the **** are they pandering for really? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, I disagree about that when dealing with the basics. For example, character progression, which is a very basic building block of such a game. M& had a simplistic, old-fashioned system that nevertheless filled its role well.
The new system is a hodgepodge of concepts that is broken in many places. Skills that don't work, nonsensical perks that aren't implemented anyways, skills that you can't level, skills that level too fast etc... It's not that it's not finished, it's that it looks only halfway designed.
That's different from having more middle or end-game systems not implemented yet. I would be fairly satisfied with an EA version that only has the combat parts of the char developed and working and a clear message that diplomacy, economy etc... will come later.

In other words, I would no mind the game only having its most basic blocs working. But ATM, there's a bit of everything implemented and nothing works well.

The Early Access version of Warband was original M&B. That worked well, for the most part, although some of its own early releases were a bit wonky.

While Bannerlord uses a new engine, a lot of the code still follows the same underlying format and can be rewritten using the older (functional) code as a basis. In essence, you fix what's broken, and tweak or simply reuse what already worked. Reinventing the figurative wheel is a waste, but you can redesign or modify the suspension system for better handling or a smoother ride if that was a problem before. Instead, we got new systems that are just broken differently, or in some cases broken when they worked fine before.

Personally, I liked original M&B's overall direction and world design better than Warband's, although Warband definitely added features and fixed several problems. Everything I see with Bannerlord leans further in that same direction, where a lot of it is "technically better", but I don't like it.

Back
Top Bottom