Almost two months into EA. Satisfied?

Are you happy with how the game launched in EA and how it evolved during the first two months?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

"It is not that they cannot they just have not because so far they are unwilling to invest in making such an engine."

Sorry but again this is demonstrably wrong -it is a misconception of how Developers work withhin the confines on their franchise engines. According to this type of psychology - the low budget movie "Parasite" which won the Oscar all kinds of awards and made a huge profit -could be done bigger and better by high tier movie financiers with access to the best directors/actors/special effects etc...of course we know -this is patently false. Your argument is basically that because a successful developer is very successful with THEIR genre and flagship game -they too can be masters of all genres given the budget and the anticipation of profit.

Sorry friend -but this is all wrong. Of course if you give a monkey a keyboard and infinity he will eventually produce -The Best damn Game Ever -the "God-tier Developer can Best ALL in ALL genres" is just as silly. Again- look at my Codemasters vs Bohemia example -Codemasters have flagshipp Racing engines yet tried to create a military sandbox engine out of it and FAILED BADLY. The lesson is all right there.

Taleworlds hasn’t mastered their own genre. If you think a major game studio can’t do better I believe with you are absolutely mistaken as you are in insinuating I am “a monkey with a keyboard.”

There are major studios that are excellent at doing at maximizing games to their fullest potential with the tools they have. That is a mark of high intelligence and creative and technical ability.

Give an idiot a spaceship they might just hover around the front yard. Or you could take that same ship past the moon.

Taleworlds has has an engine and sandbox with enormous potential but they haven’t come remotely close to reaching its potential. Not in 3 games or 10+ years. At some point I ask myself if they know what to do with the games they have built. Is this keyboard a shovel, my computer a chair?

Last edited:
Taleworlds hasn’t mastered their own genre. If you think a major game studio can’t do better I believe with you are absolutely mistaken as you are in insinuating I am “a monkey with a keyboard.”

There are major studios that are excellent at doing at maximizing games to their fullest potential with the tools they have. That is a mark of high intelligence and creative and technical ability.

Taleworlds has has an engine and sandbox with enormous potential but they haven’t come remotely close to reaching its potential. Not is 3 games or 10+ years. At some point I ask myself if they know what to do with the games they have built.

There isn't a game anywhere close to what Mount and Blade is. The closest was Sid Meyers Pirates! Which was an inspiration for M&B if my memory serves.

I don't think a big studio is capable of taking a chance of making one.

They have mastered a mix of realistic medival combat 1st/3rd person with a fully fleshed out sandbox strategy game alongside. An engine -the only engine that has proven it can accurately play out over a 1000 melee units of AI in real time. Real physics, real blocks real attacks -not dice rolls paired with animations like a Total War. Hell Kingdom Come couldnt get their engine to pull off one horse and combat -think about that...

LOL -your reading comprehension is off -the insinuation with the monkey and the keyboard and infinity is one to make an analogy of a "great developer with unlimited resources could trump everyone even outside their genre"

...and?? Thats great. They are still within the scope of their company's product.

Taleworlds has has an engine and sandbox with enormous potential but they haven’t come remotely close to reaching its potential. Not is 3 games or 10+ years. At some point I ask myself if they know what to do with the games they have built.

Agreed. Yes they havent met full potential. Neither has Arma 3 -their AI is awful and they do nothing to improve it and yet remain Kings of their respective Field. There is profit to be had there but also a reason no one touches military sandbox with a ten foot pole. If you want to go into specifics of game engines -im more than happy to.

Just for the record - I would LOVE if other companies came in as competition to light a fire under these guys arses! Trust me but i also follow game development and figured out many years ago why game devs stay in their respective lanes

Last edited:
Okay, so you think TW has built a spaceship. But if this game is capable of going past Mars why has it not left orbit? Building the engine and making a game are arguably different and they are failing miserably at one.

Okay, so you think TW has built a spaceship. But if this game is capable of going past Mars why has it not left orbit? Building the engine and making a game are arguably different and they are failing miserably at one.
Those are indeed good questions. The base is there -its been there since Mount & Blade yet they cant seem to evolve at least the strategy part of the game in a professional way. I cant answer that -there are rumors of tough work conditions or some employees being very new to programming I dont really know..Again I agree with many of the complaints on these forums -im only dissolving the notion (of hope?) that a greater dev may come in and save us with a superior product.

Those are indeed good questions. The base is there -its been there since Mount & Blade yet they cant seem to evolve at least the strategy part of the game in a professional way. I cant answer that -there are rumors of tough work conditions or some employees being very new to programming I dont really know..Again I agree with many of the complaints on these forums -im only dissolving the notion (of hope?) that a greater dev may come in and save us with a superior product.

You are arguing another studio cannot make a superior engine. I’m not necessarily arguing that point. I’m saying that another studio could easily make a better game.

Hello dear Taleworlds,

it will probably take 5 minutes to solve this issue. There is a big community in the DLC With Fire and Sword (there is a competetive league since 9 years,about 25 played seasons, with +12 active clans with +150 players) ( https://forum.mountblade.info).
Unfortunately we cant play With Fire and Sword because all servers have been turned off.
Could you turn the WfaS servers again on? We want to keep playing. Really!!!!

Thanks Talewords

Wish you a nice week
cheers Searg

You are arguing another studio cannot make a superior engine. I’m not necessarily arguing that point. I’m saying that another studio could easily make a better game.

A good that could do all the same things as this one? What engine that exists now do you think already has that capability? I mean theoretically you could take that argument all the way up to rival top tier games. Could Rockstar make a better Total War? Could DICE make a better GTA?? Where does that type of thinking end

Just for the record - I would LOVE if other companies came in as competition to light a fire under these guys arses! Trust me but i also follow game development and figured out many years ago why game devs stay in their respective lanes

You're an old condescending bastard whose defining character trait is the need to talk down to people and overstate your credentials. "Following game development" doesn't give you any more knowledge than anyone else here, because believe it or not almost everyone here follows game development. Forgive me if I'm inclined to disbelieve someone who begins every post with "trust me, I know how video games are made" or uses their credentials as an argument, and then makes sweeping claims about how nobody nowadays knows how to programme AI (except you, of course).

There is nothing inherently special about Taleworlds. It's a company based in a country with a smaller games industry than Saudi Arabia. Their games so far have been poorly coded. They don't have access to a large pool of good coder or 3D artist talent like in most of Europe. There is nothing inherently difficult about the genre they're in either. So to then look at the lack of games in the genre and assume that nobody else could do it is deluded. There are dozens of similarly orphaned genres that nobody makes games for anymore, and the fans constantly say they'd play anything in that genre, but then someone releases a game and it sells poorly. The obstacle is money, not ability.

Last edited:
You're an old condescending bastard whose defining character trait is the need to talk down to people and overstate your credentials. "Following game development" doesn't give you any more knowledge than anyone else here, because believe it or not almost everyone here follows game development. Forgive me if I'm inclined to disbelieve someone who begins every post with "trust me, I know how video games are made" or uses their credentials as an argument, and then makes sweeping claims about how nobody nowadays knows how to programme AI (except you, of course).

There is nothing inherently special about Taleworlds. It's a company based in a country with a smaller games industry than Saudi Arabia. Their games so far have been poorly coded. They don't have access to good coder or 3D artist talent. There is nothing inherently difficult about the genre they're in either. So to then look at the lack of games in the genre and assume that nobody else could do it is deluded. There are dozens of similarly orphaned genres that nobody makes games for anymore, and the fans constantly say they'd play anything in that genre, but then someone releases a game and it sells poorly. The obstacle is money, not ability.
LOL -argue with real life examples not emotional outbursts. Truly a midol momemnt.

LOL -argue with real life examples not emotional outbursts. Truly a midol momemnt.

Fortnite was a AAA version of PUBG and a minecraft mod called battle royale. It's better in almost every way.
Dishonoured was a AAA reimagining of the game Thief combined with games like bioshock, and was well recieved.
Titanfall was the first AAA mech multiplayer game and it was enormously popular and well received.
Star Citizen was a AAA(A) title based on an almost completely orphaned space sim genre.
Overwatch was a AAA hero shooter which had primarily been the domain of lower budget games like TF2 or Brink.
Hearth was, of all things, a AAA card game.
Resident Evil 7 was a AAA survival horror game which everyone had said big budget games were incapable of making.
God of War 4 was a AAA dark souls clone that won countless awards for its gameplay.
Hitman 2016 was a AAA stealth game which blew anything else at the time out of the water.
Death Stranding was a AAA walking simulator that a lot of people outside that niche genre actually enjoyed.

Delete your account.

" During the latter part of Fortnite's development, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds was released in March 2017 on personal computers " ~Wiki.

Ill give you Dishonored was a decent Thief rehash.
Star Citizen - just LOL. Jurys out on that one -and whose mechanics have they stolen and bettered? i have it and so far its just a decades long promise.

The rest of your list you're just naming AAA titles that havent taken, improved and bested a well known niche masterpiece.

Sorry man -nice try.

Just to refresh you - i initially jumped in this conversation to state that no AAA developer could recreate M&B, Arma 3 and Swat 4 -and i stand by that. Some reason a few of you got your panties all tied up in a bunch.

Last edited:
" During the latter part of Fortnite's development, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds was released in March 2017 on personal computers " ~Wiki.
Fortnite's battle royale mode released months after PUBG was made available for sale. If you'd done more than a 2 second spite-google you would know this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fortnite_Battle_Royale said:
The idea for [Fortnite] Battle Royale arose following the release of PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, a similar battle royale game that was highly successful, but was noted for its technical flaws.

The rest of your list you're just naming AAA titles that havent taken, improved and bested a well known niche masterpiece.

My argument is thoroughly destroyed, Guess I'll delete my account.

Fortnite's battle royale mode released months after PUBG was made available for sale. If you'd done more than a 2 second spite-google you would know this.

My argument is thoroughly destroyed, Guess I'll delete my account.

LOL -Battle Royale is a mode mate -not a genre defining game mechanic. Take a nap. When you wake up - how bout an answer on what top tier engine could handle M&B's AI battles coupled with FPS action coupled with strategy world map?

Also there is no guarantee even a top tier Developer's OWN franchise game will succeed. Take EADICE's Battlefield V considered financial failure by the Publishers them selves -mostly due to the targeting in on the Single Player Campaign experience -an area they SUCK at. So going away from what they are known for and good at PvP - they encountered loss. Now imagine them trying to take on a totally new game genre with very hard to reproduce mechanics....money cant solve this.

Thief was a masterpiece, Dishonoured was not.
Agree too with this. Though ill give him props -that was an unusual stealth mechanic that Thief originated and im guessing Dishonored somewhat replicated. I only played Dishonored for about an hour and didnt like the art direction. Thief had amazing atmosphere

Man I will never cease to be surprised by the ability of people to argue over the strangest things :lol:

Yo man this is what happens when EA comes out FUBAR'ed. I call this one "The Great Dev Hope" syndrome

I am not sure but it should be more devoloping issues in 100 hour+ games compared the others games. I mean if there is story line or scyrpted aı for limited circumstances in the game, devoloping can be less complicated. But if we talking about that aı makin trade and fighting aı and diplomatic ai etc. (dont forget the most of this mechanics effecting each others) , million kind thing can go wrong. I know current state of the game is not satisfying for all of us including me but i still have faith about Tw.

Back
Top Bottom