Version Comparison 1.2 vs 1.3

Which version you prefer?

Votes: 72 75.8%

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Same

Votes: 17 17.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I want to collect data to measure success ratio of versions. I will try to post a voting a week after each new version go live. For example for now 1.3 is live and 1.4 is beta. You can compare 1.2 and 1.3 now, later I will ask for 1.3 and 1.4 comparison and go on...

Just simply compare two versions and choose which one you prefer in terms of gameplay. Or if both are similar or you do not see any development at gameplay you can select "same".

I will try to do this after every new version go live so if we did something wrong or damaged gameplay due to some changes I want to see that more clear (proved by data), so we can look for changes we did and try to find out where we did wrong. Of course there can be more scientific measurements (play time based) but I prefer thoughts of our forum members.

Normally newer version should usually get majority (like 50% vs 20% (30% same)) if nothing is wrong, but ratios are also important. Of course in some versions we can get bad results however be sure if something is damaged we will try to find and fix it.

You can also post in this thread pros and cons of current live version compared to old one. Lastly this is personal experiment & data collection only (not company decision).

Pros
-Seems to be a better balance between factions - now Sturgia and Aserai do not lose ground as fast as before
-Performance seems better
-The cavalry nerf is working but there are infantry based factions that tend to keep more cav than infantry like Battania
-Quests have been fixed
-Economy runs smoother than 1.2

Cons
-Broken kids mechanic has not changed - now new bugs are present
-AI lords keep ignoring their faction's settlement that are being besieged and do not try to help
-Tannery workshops are op in comparison with others
-Sieges and AI in general during fighting doesn't seem to have changed

Observations
-Lords sometimes buy all the food resources from the cities
-Equipment has very unbalanced pricing

Bugs
-If you are a mercenary or a vassal of a faction and try to help during a siege another kingdom which you have the same enemy the siege will not take place in the city but outside like a field battle.
-Kids and some new generated companions do not have portraits in encyclopedia

Overal 1.3 is better than 1.2, keep up the hard work.

I prefer 1.3 over 1.2 but, I am not happy with the combat AI downgraded since 1.1.0 patch. Shielded units are decent now but two handed and polearm units are simply awful, if they do not have +200 WS. It is sad to see how bad units with +130 WS perform in tournaments, especially when you realize that facing two handed or polearms guys was challenging before.

Concerning other game aspects, I find the game overall better after every patch but mostly due to campaign AI and balancing Improvements. Other areas has not evolved too much IMO.

1.3 is way much better for me.

Pros:
+Finally, we have a decent truce time. Factions have time to gain some strenght before a new war which prevents steamrolling.
+Captured lords won't escape the moment you capture them (though, they still escape pretty quickly)
+Caravans seem to be more or less balanced
+You won't get relation penalty if you abstain of voting for something.

Cons:
-Can't say that performance has improved for me, still have 15 fps in sieges, but I've also started having ~27 FPS in large field battles sometimes, which I was never experiencing before.
- Campaign AI still choose some miserable useless castle with 0 prosperity in the middle of enemy territory because it has 80 defenders instead of picking some town which has +-20 defenders and has bigger economical and strategical value. Besides, sometimes AI can turn away and run while he can take up the fight and win the battle easily. And also, as was mentioned above, AI often ignores besieged settlements because there's a castle with 80 defenders in the middle of the enemy's lands.
- In some areas bandit spawn in some crazy amounts. The amount of bandits is so big that they could've easily create their own kingdom. Killing them may change the situation... for a day or two. After that you'll see the fresh new hideouts and armies of bandits in the area again. Needless to say that the nearby villages and towns become poor very quickly because of that (Charas, Omor, say "Hi!").
-Broken kid stats is a disaster for late-game.
-Gang leader needs weapons still crashes upon finishing.
-Pretty dissapointed with the fact that the problem with "Extortion by deserters" quest not only not being solved, it is also ignored, while many players complain that it disappears after some ingame time and never shows up again. The problem exists since the very 1.0.0, I must say, and has never been paid attention to.
-Perks... Well, you know.
-Broken encyclopedia and non-hireable companions are still there.
-Declaring war and then declaring peace 10-15 days later is a bit irritating.
-I still can't understand why do some lords change sides so often
-You can execute the most terrible a*shole in Calradia, still everyone will hate you. Even your friends. And your friends were enemies of the executed lord.

But overall, 1.2.0 is a past for me, 1.3.0 has some essential features that greatly improve my game experience. Mostly because of the almost-solved steamrolling problem. 1.3.0 is the only version I played for so long, that I've managed to see my children grown up (and understand that they're useless, lol).

IMO, we need more big changes like truce-time. The 1.4.0 beta was a bit disappointing in the context of changes made. For the first time in my life I've stayed on stable version and didn't update to beta.

You should "Sticky" so more people see when you want to collect this kind of data Mexxico.

And it certainly helps better make the case you guys are listening if more people see your post!

Changed the vote to "Same", now that i saw the 1.4.1 patch-note ! This new beta update put everything back in perspective, if you guys can do the same as this one every week and still keeping it bug-free that'll be awesome !

You should "Sticky" so more people see when you want to collect this kind of data Mexxico.

And it certainly helps better make the case you guys are listening if more people see your post!

I think its ok this way. Already lots of vote and feedback is collected. Thanks for all. This is personal experiment so its better this thread stay this part. By the way we can lose some of pros mentioned above in next versions like 25 days of truce period (I wanted to save it but probably it will be removed). Please be patient if this happens, development has always ups and downs. Mid points are less important than final point.

I think its ok this way. Already lots of vote and feedback is collected. Thanks for all. This is personal experiment so its better this thread stay this part. By the way we can lose some of pros mentioned above in next versions like 25 days of truce period (I wanted to save it but probably it will be removed). Please be patient if this happens, development has always ups and downs. Mid points are less important than final point.
Now I'm curious as a 5-years old child - may I ask why will it be removed? I'm not the developer, of course, but to me it seems to be that essential and vital feature, which prevents steamrolling greatly. It does its job, like it did in Warband, so why removing it?

Now I'm curious as a 5-years old child - may I ask why will it be removed? I'm not the developer, of course, but to me it seems to be that essential and vital feature, which prevents steamrolling greatly. It does its job, like it did in Warband, so why removing it?

Its not my decision. I think there will be another mechanism but I do not know replacement. Please be patient, I hope new mechanisms will be better.

Not my decision. I think there will be another mechanism but I do not know replacement.
Alright, hope this mechanism will be implemented the moment the truce time is removed. I don't wana get back to 1.0.0 experience :grin: Thanks for the answer :smile:

1.3 is way better. I'm glad I'm no longer fighting hordes of recruits and enemies actually have archers now.
Cavalry auto-resolve nerf is good.
and truce period is good too, IMO.

The only thing that really bothers me in 1.3 is defections. They seem to happen way too easy. Once a clan becomes fiefless, it won't be long before they defect. Which means once a faction loses a few fiefs they will start to lose clans too, weakening them even further.
Forgot to meantion that when they do defect, it won't be long until they defect again unless they get a fief.

Last edited:
1.3 is way much better for me.

Pros:
+Finally, we have a decent truce time. Factions have time to gain some strenght before a new war which prevents steamrolling.
+Captured lords won't escape the moment you capture them (though, they still escape pretty quickly)
+Caravans seem to be more or less balanced
+You won't get relation penalty if you abstain of voting for something.

Cons:
-Can't say that performance has improved for me, still have 15 fps in sieges, but I've also started having ~27 FPS in large field battles sometimes, which I was never experiencing before.
- Campaign AI still choose some miserable useless castle with 0 prosperity in the middle of enemy territory because it has 80 defenders instead of picking some town which has +-20 defenders and has bigger economical and strategical value. Besides, sometimes AI can turn away and run while he can take up the fight and win the battle easily. And also, as was mentioned above, AI often ignores besieged settlements because there's a castle with 80 defenders in the middle of the enemy's lands.
- In some areas bandit spawn in some crazy amounts. The amount of bandits is so big that they could've easily create their own kingdom. Killing them may change the situation... for a day or two. After that you'll see the fresh new hideouts and armies of bandits in the area again. Needless to say that the nearby villages and towns become poor very quickly because of that (Charas, Omor, say "Hi!").
-Broken kid stats is a disaster for late-game.
-Gang leader needs weapons still crashes upon finishing.
-Pretty dissapointed with the fact that the problem with "Extortion by deserters" quest not only not being solved, it is also ignored, while many players complain that it disappears after some ingame time and never shows up again. The problem exists since the very 1.0.0, I must say, and has never been paid attention to.
-Perks... Well, you know.
-Broken encyclopedia and non-hireable companions are still there.
-Declaring war and then declaring peace 10-15 days later is a bit irritating.
-I still can't understand why do some lords change sides so often
-You can execute the most terrible a*shole in Calradia, still everyone will hate you. Even your friends. And your friends were enemies of the executed lord.

But overall, 1.2.0 is a past for me, 1.3.0 has some essential features that greatly improve my game experience. Mostly because of the almost-solved steamrolling problem. 1.3.0 is the only version I played for so long, that I've managed to see my children grown up (and understand that they're useless, lol).

IMO, we need more big changes like truce-time. The 1.4.0 beta was a bit disappointing in the context of changes made. For the first time in my life I've stayed on stable version and didn't update to beta.
Very close to my view.

I've played a single game since 1.3 beta began (and didn't move to 1.4 - I probably will move to 1.4.1 though). Obviously 1.3 was a bit rough initially on beta, but after a few hotfixes it was in good shape by the time it went to general release. The gameplay was sustainable in a way that 1.2 could never have been.

I don't remember the differences between 1.2 and 1.3. I did not play them that much.

Truly, you shouldn't need us to tell you. You should have a vision and make changes based on feedback and testing. Just my opinion. Thanks for all the hard work.

Thanks for the info. I am going to be patient but I personally find pretty weird to remove the 25 days truce period before finding a better solution (except if this feature would be currently introducing some new issues but I have not noticed it). Anyway, thank you very much as always and please, try to make the AI more likely to defend to try to reduce snowballing which is happening again since lastp patches Thanks!!

Last edited:
try to make the AI less likely to defend to try to reduce snowballing which is happening again since lastp patches Thanks!!
I assume you mean more likely to defend. Snowballing happens because of too much offense and not enough defense (and positive feedback loops).

I play with a lot of mods, and every after updating the ones that had updates available, I wasn't able to play on 1.3.1. First because of crashes, and even after fixing those, for some reason melee damage was reduced to 3-5 damage per hit. I know this is cased by some kind of mod issues, but I havent changed my mods since the previous version, and there's no obvious reason for this issue.
So while it's not TW's fault, I didn't get to enjoy the patch at all.

I assume you mean more likely to defend. Snowballing happens because of too much offense and not enough defense (and positive feedback loops).

Yep, I wanted to say more likely to defend. Thanks, I have modified the message :wink:.

Peace cool down has been removed. This is game breaking and we need a hot fix. Can you forward the issue? Someone should get fired for these brain dead decisions. I mean...I payed money for an uncomplete game and I volunteer in the beta branch but I can't do **** if Taleworlds breaks important mechanics.

My tolerance gets smaller and smaller if Taleworlds continues to remove or add stuff without even thinking about possible results. Seems the information why something has been added gets lost within 2 weeks. Forums are full with Khuzait complaints, even massive reports with 10 pages and someone thought "ok, let's remove the feature which made the game less annoying". Congratulations.

And don't get me wrong mexxico, it's not against you. I really appreciate your work and your activity in the forums. You do your best, you should be promoted and take the lead so things get sorted out properly.

Back
Top Bottom