Lords defecting too often after the patch around start of may

Users who are viewing this thread

Macchabla

Recruit
Didn't have a single case of a lord defecting before the patch from a couple weeks ago, but now I'm losing half a dozen a day. At this speed I will lose everyone in a matter of a single week or even less, which is incredibly frustrating after spending so much time finding them and then spending several hundred thousands Denars to bribe them over just to lose them all in a matter of short time after the update.

Would really appreciate if you tuned down the chance of this happening, as well as the chance of prisoner lord escaping as it seems there's basicly nothing to gain by taking one hostage other than to quickly get to a tavern and get a ransom for them, which doesen't help the war campaign all that much.

I really love this game and are looking forward to watch the progress of the game on the way to full release.

well, for me it's the contrary. I had lords defecting left and right when I was playing on 1.3 (Beta). Now I am playing in 1.4 and didn't have a single lord with good relations that defected.

When you capture lords, put them in your dungeon (if you have a fief) because their chance of escape from there is less. On version 1.3 and later lord escape chance is pretty reasonable, and once they are locked in a dungeon they can easily stay out of the picture for an entire game season.

well, for me it's the contrary. I had lords defecting left and right when I was playing on 1.3 (Beta). Now I am playing in 1.4 and didn't have a single lord with good relations that defected.
The lords defecting's relation with me is between 15 and 0, as well as a two on -2, which i can admit is not much, but how do you raise relations with them? Giving them fief did nothing in that aspect (haven't taken fiefs since mid april, so it might have changed), only way I found so far is to do the "Company of Truble" quest. And the support clan of course, but that's going to take a lot of influence.since 10 influence only gives one relation.

When you capture lords, put them in your dungeon (if you have a fief) because their chance of escape from there is less. On version 1.3 and later lord escape chance is pretty reasonable, and once they are locked in a dungeon they can easily stay out of the picture for an entire game season.
A whole season isn't too shabby, I will try that.

The lords defecting's relation with me is between 15 and 0, as well as a two on -2, which i can admit is not much, but how do you raise relations with them? Giving them fief did nothing in that aspect (haven't taken fiefs since mid april, so it might have changed), only way I found so far is to do the "Company of Truble" quest. And the support clan of course, but that's going to take a lot of influence.since 10 influence only gives one relation.
Give them influence.

In the Kingdom screen, select the clan and click Support. It will cost you 50 influence to raise relations by 1 or 2.

Actually we did not change defection probability in 1.3, however there was another bug which blocks defections mostly (not all but most was not happening). We fixed that and defections turn normal. After this your clans start to defect again. As most of you remember 1.1.x and previous versions (1.0.0-1.0.11) also have same problem. At 1.2 there was a bug and this was blocking defections. When things turn normal defections started again so player kingdom start losing clans.

Actually you are right there is big problems in these issues and it ruins late game experiences and I also reported situation to related people and adviced several fixes. When you persuade a clan (+ make a payment at barter in some cases) and transfer this clan to your kingdom nearly no variable change other than convinced clan's kingdom. For example if clan leader hate you (-50 relation) he still hate you after changing faction. If clan have no settlements still they have no settlements. So defection score in game did not change even you convince them. If that clan want X amount of money to join your kingdom and if this X is huge this shows actually that clan does not want to join you because of relation difference or situation of settlement distributions. Even you convince them in barter when auto-defection mechanisms run in daily ticks (which also have randoms so when this happen is a bit random) this clan will leave you. To prevent this I suggested giving huge relation boosts after you convince lords and enabling player to give any of his settlements to other clans but they are not applied yet. I reported these problems and marked as "very important" but because they are late game mechanics they said this problem can wait a couple of weeks more. But in any case they will fix it.

For now to avoid losing clans have good relations with them and be sure they have enough settlements especially if their settlements are inner lands of your territory (not in borders) they do not defect easily.

...half a dozen a day, lost in a week... you have 42 clans under you??

How many of them actually have fiefs?
I got 18 clans and I need them all to help me solve any very basic mathematics equations I might encounter.
Only 3 of them have fiefs, I had to give them several since I only had those 3 clans during the last war.

The Southern Empire own everything west of Zeonica and Amitatys, from north to south, and is at 12000 something strength, so I thought I had to recruit big time to stand a chance against them in my quest to own 2/3 empire settlements.

Only 3 of them have fiefs, I had to give them several since I only had those 3 clans during the last war.

Well...there's your answer on why they leave.

(ps) ...and reaffirmation to my own experiences where no clan leaves so long as they have fiefs, influence, and the kingdom isn't in a terrible shape. In my case I take a slower approach, and with every new clan that joins, I always provide them with a fief through conquest, and I never take in more clans than I can provide fiefs with. So far, not a single clan defected to another kingdom.

Actually we did not change defection probability in 1.3, however there was another bug which blocks defections mostly (not all but most was not happening). We fixed that and defections turn normal. After this your clans start to defect again. As most of you remember 1.1.x and previous versions (1.0.0-1.0.11) also have same problem. At 1.2 there was a bug and this was blocking defections. When things turn normal defections started again so player kingdom start losing clans.

Actually you are right there is big problems in these issues and it ruins late game experiences and I also reported situation to related people and adviced several fixes. When you persuade a clan (+ make a payment at barter in some cases) and transfer this clan to your kingdom nearly no variable change other than convinced clan's kingdom. For example if clan leader hate you (-50 relation) he still hate you after changing faction. If clan have no settlements still they have no settlements. So defection score in game did not change even you convince them. If that clan want X amount of money to join your kingdom and if this X is huge this shows actually that clan does not want to join you because of relation difference or situation of settlement distributions. Even you convince them in barter when auto-defection mechanisms run in daily ticks (which also have randoms so when this happen is a bit random) this clan will leave you. To prevent this I suggested giving huge relation boosts after you convince lords and enabling player to give any of his settlements to other clans but they are not applied yet. I reported these problems and marked as "very important" but because they are late game mechanics they said this problem can wait a couple of weeks more. But in any case they will fix it.

For now to avoid losing clans have good relations with them and be sure they have enough settlements especially if their settlements are inner lands of your territory (not in borders) they do not defect easily.

Thank you for answering.
I started the game and raised the relations with the strongest clans to 25-30, but it seems like a fief is crucial to make them stay.
The defecting is new for me so I don't know how long it takes for the lord to get impatient about getting a fief, but since you have to decide within 24 hours on whose to recieve a newly conquered fief, a viable solution could be to give fiefs to current clans that you intend to give to newly recruited clans later on.
Unless it raises the defection score that is, but it doesen't seem to have penalties to relations implemented in carrying out this action as of yet.
Until we wait for the option to be able give away our own fiefs, maybe this could work as a substitute?

(ps) ...and reaffirmation to my own experiences where no clan leaves so long as they have fiefs, influence, and the kingdom isn't in a terrible shape. In my case I take a slower approach, and with every new clan that joins, I always provide them with a fief through conquest, and I never take in more clans than I can provide fiefs with. So far, not a single clan defected to another kingdom.
Are you using the option to give away fiefs from clans to the newly recruited clans or are they willing to be patient for a certain amount of time until you conquer one for them?

Are you using the option to give away fiefs from clans to the newly recruited clans or are they willing to be patient for a certain amount of time until you conquer one for them?

What I do is I usually recruit a new clan just before a war. Newcomers have 0 influence and 0 fiefs... so I don't know if this is even relevant, but I usually support them a few times to gift them with about maybe 100 inf. That usually makes them stay for the time being until I capture a new fief, and then give it to them.

10 clans recruited this way, and not a single one left.

Im still confused whether this is feature or bug.

Some lords will leave the player even if they have 100 relationship AND a city. Weird that they just leave while leaving the city behind to become a hobo.

My experience differs.
I have about 52 relation (Leonardipas clan) with a clan and have given them a castle.
Another vassal I have 42 relation (ergeon's clan) with and have given them a city.

Both still leaves randomly even tho these guys joined me while saying honor dictate them following me for better or for worse.

Back
Top Bottom