This is an open letter, aimed at revealing the China censorship going on right now by the Chinese mods,TW should be report investigate progess

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obviously u got your answer from Google. U will say 7 mil if you are from Hong Kong.

If you are really raised in Hong Kong, your parents come from mainland China.

How is that evidence? That is just one random guy reporting in a forum. Devs and Callum literally came out and said "No one except TW devs have any ban power in any server." How is that not clear.

What I assume happens is that mods collect reports from players and just submit them to devs. Same process works here as well. If you want to report someone you can do it by sending a report to Orion here. I guess this is temporary until they implement report function. However the problem is you usually need evidence as in screenshot or video evidence.

Also the servers aren't even in China. How is it gonna trigger Chinese censorship? By that logic it should trigger here as well. Honestly there were a lot of lies being spread in this subject and I really don't understand why. I hope you guys also realize saying stuff like "These asian ****s", "These chinese ****s" can be used as an evidence to ban you as well? They are kinda racist. I literally saw one screenshot of a guy "claiming to be banned by chinese censorhip" but in screenshot he posted it shows him saying "cant compete with these asian ****s" that seems like something that can get you banned.

Also the letter in that link literally says:

I don't see how you can get this information right now but even if this is true you realize 50K copies are very insignificant right?
Ok so with regards to china controlling corporations outside their country, this is how it works. China has ALOT of people. For the first time in human history, a majority of those people have disposable income. China’s market base can easily double your potential customer pool. However, after that first free snort and the cash starts rolling in, China tells the company “play by our rules and walk to our beat, or we’ll shut you out of the Chinese market and all that money with a single phone call.” Very few companies few companies call on that threat.

I spotted some errors in the translation from the google doc you posted, here are some corrections:
  • On multiple pages, the admin says “已受理”, which is closer to something like "we have receive your report and will investigate it", not "your report has been accepted". The admin didn't mentioned whether or not it was accepted.
  • Again on multiple pages, the admin says "收到", which is essentially "received" (their request), not "acknowledged" or "approved". You made it looks like the admin has approved everything they reported, even though the admin seems to approve them eventually.
  • On pages 5, ”港独“ is a word for Hongkongers that want independence of Hong Kong, with a much stronger political connotation than just "Hongkongers". This word is often used by state media or CCP aligned media against Honkongers who are pro-independence.
Beside these I haven't spotted any other major errors yet.

Wow that's a very presumptuous statement. So you are basically saying that everyone from China like censorship and want to push it to other places, and according to my knowledge by no mean is that true. You gotta understand that you can only see these assholes want to push this censorship to elsewhere because other voices are oppressed. The vast majority of the people of China don't like this censorship.

source: Am Chinese myself and have spend quite some years there. Two of my close relatives were in Tiananmen protesting in 1989, and I know other people whose relatives were there too. You are basically saying that all these people protesting against the CCP are bad too, which is pretty ****ed up.
While you’re clearly coming from a place of good faith, you’re going out of your way to weaponize his generalization. He refers to people who promote the censorship. You know weibos, little ping, whatever you want to call them.

Still waiting for the official statement from TW... In no way should CCP censorship be extended to Asian servers imo. And as of today the Chinese site is still accepting reports of players who are said to have "undermined national / national unity". When the Chinese mods purposedly lied to TW about the reported players being cheaters, it is pretty safe to say they have no credibility whatsoever. So my question is why do TW still entrust server moderation to them and take their reports into account knowing they're not trustworthy instead of saying something like "we decided to no longer take reports from them"?

Without TW making this crystal clear, players will still feel uneasy about whether they'll get banned for saying whatever that triggered those biased mods. Every online multiplayer needs moderation, but only impartial moderation will help build a better community. People like them who abuse power and ban players for made up reasons would only cause a bigger backlash.

This whole thread: Assuming China is involved with not even a single piece of evidence.

Thank you! Glad I am not the only one who thinks so.

Also very interesting that this pops up now when only a few days ago there were trolls posting hate threads against China on this very forum.

What the hell is wrong with people.

Thank you! Glad I am not the only one who thinks so.

Also very interesting that this pops up now when only a few days ago there were trolls posting hate threads against China on this very forum.

What the hell is wrong with people.
People bash the US and European powers all the time. Not considered “hate threads” hate threads, like hate speech, are a nonsense inroad to totalitarian control

People bash the US and European powers all the time. Not considered “hate threads” hate threads, like hate speech, are a nonsense inroad to totalitarian control

You are welcome to bash whoever you want out in the real world. Really, go ahead and do it. This forum and MP games are not the place for it. Also the thread I am talking about was not bashing, it was pure trolling (at a yo mama is fat level of maturity, it was basically spam and was rightfully deleted because of that).

You are welcome to bash whoever you want out in the real world. Really, go ahead and do it. This forum and MP games are not the place for it. Also the thread I am talking about was not bashing, it was pure trolling (at a yo mama is fat level of maturity, it was basically spam and was rightfully deleted because of that).
Ok so what is acceptable for discussion? Who makes that distinction? How will they ensure no side is given special treatment? No one has effectively done this to this day, because hate speech laws prey on our innate tendencies towards bias and abuse of power. You are better off avoiding such rules and just letting the wild west of the internet sort it out.

Ok so what is acceptable for discussion? Who makes that distinction? How will they ensure no side is given special treatment? No one has effectively done this to this day, because hate speech laws prey on our innate tendencies towards bias and abuse of power. You are better off avoiding such rules and just letting the wild west of the internet sort it out.

I encourage you to read the forum rules for the guidance you seek:

Unless you are trying to say that we should ignore them?

Problem is that people are being mislead into believing its china's enforcing censorship without anything to actual back it up. These threads are just bashing China for something they can't prove they ever did. What you should be bashing is those abusive admins, where there is clear proof they have been misusing the trust put into them by taleworlds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom