This is an open letter, aimed at revealing the China censorship going on right now by the Chinese mods,TW should be report investigate progess

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HwuSam

Recruit
TaleWorlds, the developer of M&B2, gave the server administrative rights to Chinese admins. Now, the Chinese admins are abusing this right to impose censorship similar to what Chinese government do to its people. Any in game IDs that is deemed sensitive by the Chinese will be reported. But not rightfully as inappropriate IDs, rather it is reported as cheating. This has already resulted in some players being banned for up to 10 years. Details and evidence can be found in the sections below.

Last edited:
I somewhat believe Taleworlds statement that those Chinese mods don't actually have admin rights to ban people, but I do believe that when a mod submits a report, it will go through as it was made by Taleworlds staff.
Anyways nice thread.

Last edited:
i am agree with you,it is a veryyyyy serious problem l think Taleworlds should improve many things even not singleplayers mode

i have been seeing the most serious problem is China admin reported to TW that player cheat in the game, but the truth is player said something or did something that make China unhappy, not cheat in the game.

Last edited:
im really disappointed how TW handling the situation.
theres no communication between dev and player since theyre aware this happened.
whilst the investigation still on going, the Chinese M&B website(骑马与砍杀中文站) is changing their thread and deleting post.

reducing the ban to one week isnt the way it should be done.
since theres no evidence against this individual player is cheating he sholdnt even get banned at the first place.
(imaged you love something than get banned for thing you didnt do)
banning player according to "good faith" is unbelievable naive.
theres should be a clear set of rules for how banned should be issued after TW aware the situation.
TW have been dead silence about this topic and refuse to communicate with us but simply post "the investigation still on going".
ive played this game for more than 100 hrs since i purchased and like to see it thrive and transcend beyond the first game.
but i dont want to get ban for no good reason.

Last edited:
As the response of devs, they said they started the investigation from Monday(4th May,2020). But I don't get any information about the investigation after that. And today I saw a huge patch update are published. Are devs focus on the new patch and ignored the investigation?

As the response of devs, they said they started the investigation from Monday(4th May,2020). But I don't get any information about the investigation after that. And today I saw a huge patch update are published. Are devs focus on the new patch and ignored the investigation?
there should be different team focus on different thing.
im just sad that even community manager didnt give us any update on this particular topic.

I mean.. given the response from Callum.. don't expect any follow up information.

It was actually pathetic how little information was given out and the fact that the bans were only reduced is just showing the incompetence they have.. like really... I mean if you want to support censorship than by all means you can by at least own up to it. Reducing bans to a week is still supporting bans based purely on censorship and the sheer fact that you need to "investigate" to see if people were actually hacking is just a joke... investigate what? There is either clear evidence or not.. its not really an investigation.

Thanks for the bull**** community response and the hilarious display of incompetence. I will never be buying another game from your company.

Honestly what the **** can Taleworlds do, let me remind you there is even a copypasta that makes Chinese firewall trigger, I heard that even someone sending you said copypasta results in you getting banned in WoW servers lmao. Dont turn the blame into TW.

Honestly what the **** can Taleworlds do, let me remind you there is even a copypasta that makes Chinese firewall trigger, I heard that even someone sending you said copypasta results in you getting banned in WoW servers lmao. Dont turn the blame into TW.
do you even read the thread yet?

TW gotta response to this officially asap.
Please be patient. Devs noticed this issue on 4th May. Please give them a week (at least) to look into this.
On the other hand, TW must stop locking and deleting threads that are trying to remind others about Chinse Censorship

What are you on about?

How low is your IQ?

TW gotta response to this officially asap.
Please be patient. Devs noticed this issue on 4th May. Please give them a week (at least) to look into this.
On the other hand, TW must stop locking and deleting threads that are trying to remind others about Chinse Censorship

The thread I saw at steam M&B forum about this topic been disappeared so quick...

Truly disgusting to read. If Taleworlds doesn't support freedom of speech, I will never buy anything from them again.
They don't. There's not freedom of speech in any server, bro.

This isn't really relevant to the topic. The East Asia servers aren't in China(they're in Singapore, I believe), and people other than mainland Chinese use the East Asia server.

I mean.. given the response from Callum.. don't expect any follow up information.

It was actually pathetic how little information was given out and the fact that the bans were only reduced is just showing the incompetence they have.. like really... I mean if you want to support censorship than by all means you can by at least own up to it. Reducing bans to a week is still supporting bans based purely on censorship and the sheer fact that you need to "investigate" to see if people were actually hacking is just a joke... investigate what? There is either clear evidence or not.. its not really an investigation.

Thanks for the bull**** community response and the hilarious display of incompetence. I will never be buying another game from your company.
You can be banned from any of the servers for having the wrong opinion. It's not just Chinese admins on the East Asia server.

Ohh wait so this is that issue that regarded some dudes trolling chinese and then getting banned for it? Also the info is wrong since it wasnt 10 years in the end, it was 5 weeks. Being a troll isnt the same as freedom of speech lmao

Poem_by_Martin_Niemoeller_at_the_the_Holocaust_memorial_in_Boston_MA.jpg

Ohh wait so this is that issue that regarded some dudes trolling chinese and then getting banned for it? Also the info is wrong since it wasnt 10 years in the end, it was 5 weeks. Being a troll isnt the same as freedom of speech lmao

It's not trolling the Chinese that is getting the bans from what I've heard. I've heard it's simple things like having a winne the pooh profile picture that has gotten some people banned because it's a joke that their prime minister slightly resembles him.

It's not trolling the Chinese that is getting the bans from what I've heard. I've heard it's simple things like having a winne the pooh profile picture that has gotten some people banned because it's a joke that their prime minister slightly resembles him.
Well some people there were posting the copypasta and getting banned for it, honestly the evidence is confusing and it doesnt show anything honestly but people getting banned for things

Well some people there were posting the copypasta and getting banned for it, honestly the evidence is confusing and it doesnt show anything honestly but people getting banned for things

Sorry I worded it incorrectly. People are definitely trolling and getting banned for it but I've heard it goes further than that in terms of people just straight up getting censored by bans. Even trolling in chat shouldn't usually result in week long bans anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom