When the **** will they fix formations?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Kshahdoo

Recruit
I got tired to sort it out after every next save load! Why do they even have the feature then, if they aren't gonna make it work?

The problem is, when you have too many archers in a group, they just block line of view to each other, and up to 50% of them just don't shoot. I try to fix it with dividing them into different squads, but with that formations ****, I need to do it after every new game load, and when you have a lot of soldiers, it's getting bored really soon.

Last edited:
I got tired to sort it out after every next save load! Why do they even have the feature then, if they aren't gonna make it work?

The problem is, when you have too many archers in a group, they just block line of view to each other, and up to 50% of them just don't shoot. I try to fix it with dividing them into different squads, but with that formations ****, I need to do it after every new game load, and when you have a lot of soldiers, it's getting bored really soon.

You could also use the battle formations to give them more room...
Use loose spacing and drag out the formation command wider than the default.

Use party manager mod on Nexus for the time being until it is fixed.

Yeah, but the mod doesn't fix it, just makes it easier to get back to a saved formation. I.e. if you forget about "formating", then you will have to fight with default one or load the game again.

This has got to be one of THE EASIEST fixes of all time yet they plainly sit on it its low cost fix but a huge annoyance bug to your audience. What gives TW seriously?

Yeah, but the mod doesn't fix it, just makes it easier to get back to a saved formation. I.e. if you forget about "formating", then you will have to fight with default one or load the game again.
As long as you categorize groups in the way you want it, then save your formations and save your game, you’ll see your choices are still saved.
P.S. How many times did I use “save” haha?

The problem is, when you have too many archers in a group, they just block line of view to each other, and up to 50% of them just don't shoot.

If you put the Ranged formation in "Loose" (F3-F3), it'll eliminate that problem. Everyone will have enough space and LOS to fire.

That doesn't mean it's okay that formation designations don't save. Definitely needs to be fixed. Annoying with companions too. Just tryin' to help out with the archer thing on battlefield.

i got the same issue and its not about using loose formation. i try to put pikeman unit in archers, and assign my companions to different unit groups according to their abilities. but it gets lost every single time i reload the game after a crash or the next day.

I've had a major issue where when i make a custom skirmisher formation (was using archers to skirmish and crossbows on a hill) in will randomly end up starting on top of the enemy across the map on a pretty regular basis and be killed pretty much right away.

Back
Top Bottom