SP - General A letter of gratitude after now 500 hours of pure enjoyment

Users who are viewing this thread

Dr-Shinobi

Want to thank Taleworlds for entertaining me for 500 hours now and im far from tired playing this game!

Just wanted to say once more. Solid work Taleworlds and im usually a harsh critique when it comes to games, (which can be shown at
forums at times ^^) especially with todays standards. And when it comes to sequels companies mostly tends to speed things up in to
a flashy hype messy type of game that falls short and they only think about what sells the most as they get blinded why their game
really got to an success in the first place.

But you, you just kept the course and made such a solid game "for being an EA" already and even by releasing it early it can
cause a lot commotion among gamers with both ideas and different things they want or wanted out from it.
Sure theres things some might not like and some that will... but thats what progress sometimes is all about. To find a good spot in
between...

How ever in all, with this you have pretty much stayed on course sending out pretty much solid patches and fixes almost straight
away when needed if things got wrong. Im looking forward to the next 11+ months of development to see where it will land :smile:

......................................................................................................................

With that said i also like to share some of my adventures and characters ive made during this time so someone in the community
perhaps get some inspiration or creativity to do with their next playthru

- Battanian Bandit Lord
- Empire Commander in the North (Marcus Antonius style and for some reason ended up with an region in the desert south
started with the first castle giveaway from the faction which blaffered me at the time since it was so correct ^^)
- Evil Duke and manipulator of the court in Vladia living on blood money and spending taxes on cloths, wine and cheap women from his
dirty peasants
- Building an Trading Empire being a Khuzait
- Ruling the sand roads and operating from 1 castle in the sand dunes with Ali Baba and literately his 40 men (except the defenses
in the castle ofc)
- Playing as Robin Hood stealing from the rich in Vladian land and helping everyone in need -Bandit soldiers in rooster only-
- Becoming the best smith in Caldaria forming Thurims Mountain forged two handed swords in the Nord.
. Played as Saladin ruler and great commander of the Aserai
- Berserkers of Malus the Bear. Had berserkers only in my rooster mixed Battanians and Sturgs along with an huge Bear dressed
foot soldier and chief named Malus with savage armor and two handed axe and throwing axes. (Him, Achilles and Robin Hood was the
most fun foot soldier playthrus ive ever done in an M&B game)
- 13th Legion Empire special soldier units playthrs (Was hard to keep the red colors like romans but luckilly at the time there
was a website you could copy paste in your banner)
- Scouts of Battania with a small force that infiltrated and scouted out routes for Battanian army as well as being flanking and
pinching units helping em on the ground
- Warrior and Commander of Sturgia ruling whole Caldaria 2 times
- Achilles champion of West Empire with one handed spear and shield on foot, with an wicked looking knife as secondary along with
Empire Infantry units only and specialized trained Spear Champion companions...

some captures from his recent adventures

There was a lot more in between but these was the most enjoyable ones i had and that i survived the longest with also since i tend
to quit if in my opinion screwed up and died and also had to account for new big patches to which i had to restart with a new
character

Well then its time for some more adventures and have fun out there all. Looking forward to see the finished product merging on the
way along with your help community! So again you´re awesome Talewoorlds and that comes from an old weary gamers heart!

Greetings from Shino

Last edited:
oh forgot just in case but well theres 20 min to go but i couldnt hold my letter ^^ and no i havent been sleep gaming it because at this stage it would have chewed on my graphics card even more xD
qMjHY7l.png

Hint of sarcasm, perhaps?

lol was a good one. But we seem to have different experiences thats all :smile: But sure all havent been perfect as im used to during Alpha releases but this one has been the best on release so far. Well could be others in the past.7 days to die was also an classic but cant member its release day atm. And yes my life is fine and ive been doing alot of adventures irl to so dont you worry about me. Engaged 3 times, applied for the French Legion.a lot of partying...and thats just a tiny part of it but i also enjoy gaming from time to time mixing it :smile: re;almost forgot about Kenshi and Subnautica to and theres prob more

Last edited:
You must live a pathetic life to spend that much time on something so broken and unfinished and repetitive.

Hint of sarcasm, perhaps?

I mean, i certainly can not understand OPs enthusiasm for this broken ass boring tech demo that runs out of content after 50 hours, but if he enjoys it so be it, no reason to attack him personally.

I mean, i certainly can not understand OPs enthusiasm for this broken ass boring tech demo that runs out of content after 50 hours, but if he enjoys it so be it, no reason to attack him personally.
i dont mind some trashtalk from people with no sense for creativity ^^ i mean some could say warband didnt had content to. There was no indications to become a bandit in that one and still you could become one

Last edited:
Ohh yeah i f'n love this game despite the massive amount of unfinished bidness. Not many games are fun to start over and over and over and over and......but somehow this one is . Modded of course

Ohh yeah i f'n love this game despite the massive amount of unfinished bidness. Not many games are fun to start over and over and over and over and......but somehow this one is . Modded of course

lol yeah im waiting for that day ^^ but since i want to help out reporting issues and stuff i cant have em activated...But they are sitting there in the list so far and looking at new ones on youtube...Well tried dismemberment once (which is gonna be a Conan playthru one day) and peasant banners

Last edited:
500 hours in 1 month? Damn you only sleep 4 hours per day?

500h/33days is 15.15 hours a day so around 8-9 hours..(if it was 30 days it would been 7 hours a night and some snooze time :smile:

Last edited:
500h/33days is 15.15 hours a day so around 8-9 hours..(if it was 30 days it would been 7 hours a night and some snooze time :smile:

They should pay you :grin:
But at this rate, won't you burn out by the time it hits full release?
I am craving new features and I am at 70hrs. The vanilla grind at this point is just not sustainable at this point, even with mods.

Last edited:
They should pay you :grin:
But at this rate, won't you burn out by the time it hits full release?
I am craving new features and I am at 70hrs. The vanilla grind at this point is just not sustainable at this point, even with mods.

well as all games sure that time will come but then you could just take a break and do something else you like, simple as that :smile: Im just helping out as much as i can on free will because i care about this project and is nothing they demanded from players on release. But sure if the offer comes i might consider it but for me money is not important

Just passed 300hrs myself andd while i am enjoying the game i will probably play a lot less now the game desperately needs more of the features added in for depth of gameplay etc.

Back
Top Bottom