Caravan Deserters

Users who are viewing this thread

Might not be morale, it is probably the party size limit that decreased, i noticed that after making a kingdom my party limit for companion parties including caravans dropped somehow

Maximum party size is 30 now, earlier I had 80 men there. :/ Not sure it is intented, couldn't find it in patch notes.

I think this was a drastic decision, I know I do not have all of the details as to why Taleworlds did this but it makes me question why they capped caravans at 30 regardless. So an npc with high leadership etc is capped at 30? Can you choose what troops the caravans have? This would be one remedy of the drastic chang, let us put whatever troops we want in the 30 max caravan. They are getting destroyed left and right by groups of bandits ganging up on them. Not worth spending money on something that lasts barely long enough to make your money back.

I agree they are broken now it seems. I played maybe 3 in game weeks with this patch now and my caravan was taken from 3-4 attacks clear across the other side of the map by bandits. I went to reform it and the game laughs at me wanting 18k now. 18k plus a solid week or so before profit assuming it even survives without having to follow it around I just don't see any reason to form them. I figure I'll keep my workshop and my Merc contract for now I guess.

In my opinion after a caravan is taken once the hero is back you should be able to either tell them to go recruit and start over, or give them some troops and money to get started and send them off. No reason I should have to pay another 15k-18k or whatever to form a caravan that's just going to go die to bandits...

Its intentional. There's a thread on these forums where a developer was talking about wanting to make caravans a more risky investment. So while they used to have party limits of 100 troops, its now lowered to 30 and the troops are deserting until they get down to size.

I don't really get the need for it myself. Caravans never really seemed to make me all that much money, and I've got a well-skilled trader running mine.

omg. I knew they gonna do it, but nerfing caravans so hard? wtf? I see no reason investing in caravans anymore. Better keep my companions with me for quests and for armies. They made stupid throwing weapons and another gear cost enormous amount of money. Today I killed 4 lords in like 5-10 minutes and earned around 200k money. Is it balance caravan winers spoke of? 500 denars per day for a caravan was too much? ?‍♂️

Its intentional. There's a thread on these forums where a developer was talking about wanting to make caravans a more risky investment. So while they used to have party limits of 100 troops, its now lowered to 30 and the troops are deserting until they get down to size.

I don't really get the need for it myself. Caravans never really seemed to make me all that much money, and I've got a well-skilled trader running mine.
Ya and I just lost both my caravans. One to sea raiders the other to looters. LOOTERS!?!?!?!?!

Its kind of insane the most prominent characters in Bannerlord are the Looters. They should put them on the box cover because they are the ever-present stars of the game.

Caravans you cant give them troops anymore, or view troops i tried. Unless the window disappeared on me. I did however give my merchant new gear, after he was captured. This Nerf!!! was a little extreme, for the value in return. I get having merchants getting attacked but honestly? it was every 10 minutes. Lucky he defeated off a bunch of them, but i can see a max size of 60 after some lvls of progression. Otherwise i agree ditch the caravans and bring him back with me to loot. Even the loot is ****ty too off of some of the lords.

needs to be how it used to be. caravans are way too vulnerable. its hard to maintain a big army without caravans.
Oh i completely agree, otherwise give us the ability to put teir 5-6 troops in, or allow us to help progress the teir of the caravan up so they can defend better then that with 60 troops max or something. Some progression system. The cost to have a caravan is way over the top now. Value would be better fighting lords for the cash.

It's frustrating that they continue to nerf workshops and caravans when it's already far more profitable to just wipe enemy war parties and sell the obscenely high-priced mid to high tier equipment.

Back
Top Bottom