SP - Quests Wounded troops should not be available to send on missions

Users who are viewing this thread

willholton1

Recruit
When choosing what troops to send on missions, and whether I have enough troops to do them, the game should take into account wounded vs nonwounded and not allow me to send any wounded troops.

Even better if it had some kind of strength requirement or difficulty indication. I sent some high level guys on one mission and only half of them came back. At other times I sent all my weakest troups and they all came back.

Yeah, it would be nice if they replaced the bar that fills at the top as you add troops with one that instead measures chance of success. Higher level troops, better chance of success. At that point you might as well be able to send a variable amount as well (5 top tier troops could do the job, rather than 12 peasants).

Chances for deaths should be based on the chance of success, with a critical failure being just the Companion coming back alive and the mission failing.

I think other parts of the game choose nonwounded troops first like managing the garrison, so it should be easy to add it to missions as well

I just noticed that too on a mission I sent companions and troops on. I sent 9 infantry with a wounded. Very confusing how that actually works out Haha. I wish the game also prompted a friendly UI screen to tell you the quest results too. My troops all just jumped back into my party then a few notifications jumped around but it was all so fast and subtle I couldn't really tell what was happening.

There seem to be some changes to this in the 1.1 beta. You can send a wounded troup member but it doesn't count towards the total. Also there is a meter that fill s up (can't remember if that was there before) and it seems like they might be adding some kind of strength requirement as well. At least it seems like they are working on this.

There seem to be some changes to this in the 1.1 beta. You can send a wounded troup member but it doesn't count towards the total. Also there is a meter that fill s up (can't remember if that was there before) and it seems like they might be adding some kind of strength requirement as well. At least it seems like they are working on this.

This is how it worked before actually. The meter will fill up as you add troops and you can't click done if they don't meet the requirement (e.g. "Must be at least level 2 Troop"). The issue is: you can add wounded troops (it always adds wounded first in a stack of wounded/non-wounded) and the wounded troops don't add to the strength even though the bar fills up. You can't click done, as seen in the image below. Once you do add enough non-wounded troops, I am not sure if it takes them on the mission, deletes them, puts them back in your party, or what.

Back
Top Bottom