What do you think about this idea?

• It should be added to the game

• It's good but not worth dev's time

• It's bad

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Havada

Recruit
My idea is to change the hideouts into a bandit forts (with a wooden palisade and stuff) or at least add this new feature to the game. Taking down such fort would be a mini siege which would let not only to have fun and some interesting experiences in the early/mid game (take your time to land some headshots with your catapult... yiss) but also would provide an alternative for leveling up the engineering.

- player would have to build a siege camp (it would take less time than building a siege camp when sieging a castle or a city)
- this siege camp would maintain max 1 missile siege machine and 1 siege ram
- the bandit fort would maintain max 1 ballista
- obviously the whole army of the player would fight in this mini siege
- there would be 20-30 bandits in the fort on the beginning, increasing to ~60-100 after few years

Personally I think it would be 100 times more enjoyable than fighting the hideouts. Also I think that it wouldn't take too much of work to be made.

Have both of them. Why do you guys want to remove a feature. I like hideout except for some stuff like you cannot pick your units and how few you can bring vs how many they have.

I like this idea for bandit forts.

Have both of them. Why do you guys want to remove a feature. I like hideout except for some stuff like you cannot pick your units and how few you can bring vs how many they have.

I like this idea for bandit forts.
I'm not against recycling the scenes of bandit hideouts for some other purpose (player hideouts would be cool) but there is really no place for bandit hideouts imo. They give little reward and are a royal pain in the ass to clear.

I'm not against recycling the scenes of bandit hideouts for some other purpose (player hideouts would be cool) but there is really no place for bandit hideouts imo. They give little reward and are a royal pain in the ass to clear.

They just need to balance the hideout stuff and it should be fine and they do not hinder you in any way except when you have your towns near them.

Rewards are buggy i believe:They should be giving relation with notables but not increasing. Maybe they are but not sure. But i think it does remove the negative value (security i think)it gives to your settlement whenever you destroy a hideout.

They need to slow down on the hideout creation though, I destroyed one and few days later its back.

Thoroughly excellent idea. Voted for. Although I do like the scene where you have to enter the caves on the beach to hunt down the bandits. But...that will get old in time, I'm sure.

It would also be cool if the hideouts would slowly upgrade if left alone for too long. At first maybe they are just small camps with a few chokepoints and barricades, but after a while it could be a small fort.

So long as it dosen't get tedious and the hideout/forts stagnate in manpower the more their patrols get taken out by parties I'm all for it.

Still don't know why manhunters aren't in any shape or form in the game

Not a very good hideout if it’s a fort.

They have to allow a choice of units to accompany you and possibly change the time of day so we don’t have to cheat and increase gamma to see where all those damned arrows are coming from

Have both. Having diversity is never a bad thing.

Small forts are enough :smile:

It would be great to level engineering early!

So long as it dosen't get tedious and the hideout/forts stagnate in manpower the more their patrols get taken out by parties I'm all for it.

Still don't know why manhunters aren't in any shape or form in the game

Would be good if our kingdom can employ man hunters which will keep our territories clean of bandits. they will not help against other faction just against bandits and looters. making our kingdom safer for our villagers and caravans.

Would be good if our kingdom can employ man hunters which will keep our territories clean of bandits. they will not help against other faction just against bandits and looters. making our kingdom safer for our villagers and caravans.

That's a nice idea, it may be done via "manage the settlement" window where there would be a checkbox "hire a manhunters party" with the wage depending on few factors.

I would love to see hideouts becoming something which is upgraded. From a small hideout to small bandit fort. And have the bandit factions lead by characters which you can interact with. Also having the player being able to build their own hideout, there really is not much at the moment in regards playing a bandit. It would also be cool if when you defeat a camp, that you could take it over, or raise it to the ground. Right now it feels so anti climatic to beat the leader in the dual, you don't even get his tree followers as captives, they just disappear out of existence.

Also it should be possible to upgrade looters into different types of bandits

My idea is to change the hideouts into a bandit forts (with a wooden palisade and stuff) or at least add this new feature to the game. Taking down such fort would be a mini siege which would let not only to have fun and some interesting experiences in the early/mid game (take your time to land some headshots with your catapult... yiss) but also would provide an alternative for leveling up the engineering.

- player would have to build a siege camp (it would take less time than building a siege camp when sieging a castle or a city)
- this siege camp would maintain max 1 missile siege machine and 1 siege ram
- the bandit fort would maintain max 1 ballista
- obviously the whole army of the player would fight in this mini siege
- there would be 20-30 bandits in the fort on the beginning, increasing to ~60-100 after few years

Personally I think it would be 100 times more enjoyable than fighting the hideouts. Also I think that it wouldn't take too much of work to be made.

Personally I like the idea but if it will be left with only player able to use battering ram and no other siege machines. Maybe even different kind of battering ram (soldiers carrying big trunk to destroy primitive gate)
Bandits using advanced machines like balista or army capable of taking catapult via some narrow paths to the mountain/forest hideout would be kinda dumb experience.

Personally I like the idea but if it will be left with only player able to use battering ram and no other siege machines. Maybe even different kind of battering ram (soldiers carrying big trunk to destroy primitive gate)
Bandits using advanced machines like balista or army capable of taking catapult via some narrow paths to the mountain/forest hideout would be kinda dumb experience.

I see your point but ballistas that we see in Bannerlord during sieges are just a big crossbows, right? Not really a complicated or expensive stuff. Catapults in the medieval period were transported in pieces anyway so I think it's okay from the perspective of logic to carry one through a difficult terrain (well, maybe not a trebuchet). But still, logic isn't the most important here (as long as we're not butchering it), the most important thing is to have an enjoyable gameplay on every stage of the game. And also that would be a great way to grind up the engineering.

I see your point but ballistas that we see in Bannerlord during sieges are just a big crossbows, right? Not really a complicated or expensive stuff. Catapults in the medieval period were transported in pieces anyway so I think it's okay from the perspective of logic to carry one through a difficult terrain (well, maybe not a trebuchet). But still, logic isn't the most important here (as long as we're not butchering it), the most important thing is to have an enjoyable gameplay on every stage of the game. And also that would be a great way to grind up the engineering.

Crossbows and ballistas one of the most complex mechanisms of the period and yes they were expensive. As for trebuchets and catapults, yes some were transported in pieces but most of the time they builded them using resources at place (cutting trees etc.) Another problem is that firing them in thick forest was not easy if not impossible. They were also quite expensive to get (engineers that could make them were paid good money). So I think that mechanic should be balanced by for example adding cost (in materials and money) to build them.

Back
Top Bottom