I am repulsively disappointed in MP, Taleworlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Ye I have like 150 wins and 2 losses epic fun dude.

Have you tried not coordinating every single step with fellow elite friends through voip? Because I've seen parties that cannot lose. They literally tell each other when some poor gangbanged dude is turning their back on the other so that one can finish the business and the victim doesn't even know it's happening. It's like I'm standing on the battlefield deaf and half-blind while they are micro-ing the tactics in real time standing 2 meters in front of me. I'm sure I can win any competitive game like this.

Also try the TDM, it's chaos and fun, and you can't tell me you're not dying there. Sorry. And if you're actually good and survive 5-10 encounters it feels so damn good. And even if not - because this is not Warband and you can follow the swings - you actually know what you did wrong. And therefore you can learn from singular events without everything having to be done ad absurdum for it to - maybe - go "into your DNA" some distant day into the future....

Last edited:
Have you tried not coordinating every single step with fellow elite friends through voip? Because I've seen parties that cannot lose. They literally tell each other when some poor gangbanged dude is turning their back on the other so that one can finish the business and the victim doesn't even know it's happening. It's like I'm standing on the battlefield deaf and half-blind while they are micro-ing the tactics in real time. I'm sure I can win any competitive game like this.

Also try the TDM, it's chaos and fun, and you can't tell me you're not dying there. Sorry. And if you're actually good and survive 5-10 encounters it feels so damn good. And even if not - because this is not Warband and you can follow the swings - you actually know what you did wrong. And therefore you can learn from singular events without everything having to be done ad absurdum for it to - maybe - go "into your DNA" some distant day into the future....

the guy you're talking to is good enough to win by himself too, probably with even more kills since he wouldn't have quality teammates to compete with for kills. skirmish is a joke for good Warband players atm, i have a K/D of 6 or 7 just from skirmish - the bots in SP are quite literally harder to beat than 90% of skirmish players. that's part of why we want a ranked or mmr-type system; such a thing would let us actually get to play the game.

also, i think you misunderstand about these groups of players microing. i know for a fact that when i play with my good friends from Warband that we're usually just laughing at how easy the game is and talking about something completely unrelated - there is no need to coordinate against players that probably couldn't win 3 on 1 against you. particularly as all you need to do is follow one another around as heavy cav and you can't lose. arrogant though it is to say, it's a fact. 30 wins 1 loss, 300+ kills and under 50 deaths - it's not hard. most good players from Warband are in exactly the same situation, it's not fun when it's that easy because of the absence of a proper matchmaking system. it's not good for the new ppl to Bannerlord or for the lower level players either, since it means every now and then they get matched against a player they can't touch or, worse, several of them.

if you couldn't follow the swings in warband and plan based on them then that's on you, i and many others certainly could. the fact that bannerlord has dumbed it down enough for you to follow what's going on and get some fun out of it is nice and all, but it doesn't mean the combat is better than warband. i think it's possible to make the combat both accessible and to give it a higher skill cap than Warband, but that's hard when the devs don't fundamentally understand the elements that made a top player in warband and just assume it was all animation abuse/glitching.

Last edited:
most of the time we're just talking **** about the multiplayer balance and not even a 6 stack, generally just 3-4 people, got my first loss in maybe a 50 win streak to pacemakers stack the other day. Even that wasn't exciting because the combat's just not good

the guy you're talking to is good enough to win by himself too, probably with even more kills since he wouldn't have quality teammates to compete with for kills. skirmish is a joke for good Warband players atm, i have a K/D of 6 or 7 just from skirmish - the bots in SP are quite literally harder to beat than 90% of skirmish players. that's part of why we want a ranked or mmr-type system; such a thing would let us actually get to play the game.

also, i think you misunderstand about these groups of players microing. i know for a fact that when i play with my good friends from Warband that we're usually just laughing at how easy the game is and talking about something completely unrelated - there is no need to coordinate against players that probably couldn't win 3 on 1 against you. particularly as all you need to do is follow one another around as heavy cav and you can't lose. arrogant though it is to say, it's a fact. 30 wins 1 loss, 300+ kills and under 50 deaths - it's not hard. most good players from Warband are in exactly the same situation, it's not fun when it's that easy because of the absence of a proper matchmaking system. it's not good for the new ppl to Bannerlord or for the lower level players either, since it means every now and then they get matched against a player they can't touch or, worse, several of them.

if you couldn't follow the swings in warband and plan based on them then that's on you, i and many others certainly could. the fact that bannerlord has dumbed it down enough for you to follow what's going on and get some fun out of it is nice and all, but it doesn't mean the combat is better than warband. i think it's possible to make the combat both accessible and to give it a higher skill cap than Warband, but that's hard when the devs don't fundamentally understand the elements that made a top player in warband and just assume it was all animation abuse/glitching.

First of all - if he's that good in skirmish as said try TDM - the level of chaos there is a hard cap on your oh so superior skills. Not saying you don't have those but there it's a different thing.

And yes sure, you probably have your internalized moments where you can just talk about your last date while playing situations with your friends you talked about long ago so don't need to anymore. The fact that I'm noticing you're voiping makes my point. And you're talking about other stuff until you don't! When someone raises their shield I already know he told the other guy to get in the fight from behind.

And I ultimately learned following the swings in Warband - it just actually took me months to do it half-decently and training it wasn't fun but ultra-high stress which I didn't enjoy, thus I didn't play multiplayer that often anymore and ultimately dropped it. My heart is ultimately more precious to me even than my ego.

Last edited:
First of all - if he's that good in skirmish as said try TDM - the level of chaos there is a hard cap on your oh so superior skills. Not saying you don't have those but there it's a different thing.

And yes sure, you probably have your internalized moments where you can just talk about your last date while playing situations with your friends you talked about long ago so don't need to anymore. The fact that I'm noticing you're voiping makes my point. And you're talking about other stuff until you don't! When someone raises their shield I already know he told the other guy to get in the fight from behind.

And I ultimately learned following the swings in Warband - it just actually took me months to do it half-decently and training it wasn't fun but ultra-high stress which I didn't enjoy, thus I didn't play multiplayer that often anymore and ultimately dropped it. My heart is ultimately more precious to me even than my ego.

I can reliably top each skirmish I am in 98% of time, I can reliably top any full TDM server the same way any other player who spent enough time on Warband can.
I currently have a stat of 143 wins and only 9 losses against stacked teams, my KD is at 5. I played probably around 115 games solo, does that not show how bad it is? What you keep saying here is based on your casual experience and I do not blame you, but if majority keeps saying the same things all over again, there’s something to it that you should accept.

It's not about dying. Sure on TDM i die more often due to there being alot more people around doing random stuff. But the enemy players are just as bad and there's barely any chance for you to improve at the gane due to all the chaos. There's also nothing to play for since you don't even get a win rewarded for the badges.

If i play with friends were usually on Voice yes. Sometimes we're not. Doesn't matter at all. I don't need to tell my friends that there's a guy fighting me being a free kill. Most of the time there's no actual fighting since you can kill the entire enemy team with 3 somewhat competent cavs. You just run into their spawn and kill them.
And if there's fighting warband players are smart and experienced enough to open their eyes and see it without a callout. Oh and there's still the wallhack for friendly units so you don't even need to call anything since they can see your location any time.

Last edited:
Lol, basically the guy says he enjoys playing with new players who can not block and he just likes running around and swinging in different directions at TDM. Spoiler ahead! When TW has added ranked MM and fixed combat you will find the game as stressful as before for yourself.

Sure on TDM i die more often due to there being alot more people around doing random stuff. But the enemy players are just as bad and there's barely any chance for you to improve at the gane due to all the chaos.

Profoundly and vividly disagreed with that. If I don't play TDM for like a week I'm at 11-30 at the end of a game. If I train a few hours daily for like 3-4 days it's the other way around. I think quite the opposite - you train in time-lapse due to many interactions in a short time - a sweet spot of high frequency actions where you can still follow the swings and react on them. Killed 4-5 guys yesterday who were hunting me simultaneously- awesome experience. With so many players on the server in WB playstyle it would be mere impossible to know what you're actually doing. Or you would be a good candidate for a heart infarct soon.

Lol, basically the guy says he enjoys playing with new players who can not block and he just likes running around and swinging in different directions at TDM. Spoiler ahead! When TW has added ranked MM and fixed combat you will find the game as stressful as before for yourself.

Why exactly would that change anything? You think I have not met people who can block? You should stop assuming stuff, dude. What do you mean fixed combat? You mean duels? Looking forward to it, hope to meet you there. I actually thrive on people underestimating me.

@metafa your utterly delusional if you think that TDM requires more skill to top the server than Skirmish. I literally just topped TDM playing nothing but Peasant. I then went into a Skirmish game with new players and got a ridiculous score, like I always do when it's nothing but new players. I'm not even a "Good" player and I have 100 wins to 5 losses. The more you talk the more you prove that experience really does matter, and your lack of experience shows.

@metafa your utterly delusional if you think that TDM requires more skill to top the server than Skirmish. I literally just topped TDM playing nothing but Peasant. I then went into a Skirmish game with new players and got a ridiculous score, like I always do when it's nothing but new players. I'm not even a "Good" player and I have 100 wins to 5 losses. The more you talk the more you prove that experience really does matter, and your lack of experience shows.

You're one of the "oldies" here, ganging up on someone like me who just expresses his opinion that he likes the current system. You're just not used to being challenged on it when you team up with your buddies in discussions here. You're literally asking for newbie-toxic gamestyles to be re-instated which made M&B into a game where not 100s, not 1000s but I would guess a good lower 10s of 1000s of people would never in their wildest nightmares consider dropping into MP once. There are literally stacks of threads of people expressing their disgust with M&B multiplayer. And to be honest I can't blame them. Many of you veterans played some form of M&B in your lower teens and it has gotten so deep in your DNA that literally anything else than playing on the nerdiest server with the nerdiest people at the nerdiest time at night is the only way it can still kick you in any way. For this MP to thrive things needed to be changed and TW just doesn't seem to be stupid enough to ignore that.

You're one of the "oldies" here, ganging up on someone like me who just expresses his opinion that he likes the current system.
So you admit you've not got the necessary know how to comment on combat issues?
You're literally asking for newbie-toxic gamestyles to be re-instated
Nope, I just want to be able to play like I did in Warband, which is actually a style of fighting you would enjoy watching because as you've said you like slow and steady fights.
which made M&B into a game where not 100s, not 1000s but I would guess a good lower 10s of 1000s of people would never in their wildest nightmares consider dropping into MP once.
Those same people are the ones who are gonna drop out of Bannerlord real quick once they realise that even here those warband players are still better than them.
There are literally stacks of threads of people expressing their disgust with M&B multiplayer
Are you meaning Warband? If so, find them for me.
And to be honest I can't blame them. Many of you veterans played some form of M&B in your lower teens and it has gotten so deep in your DNA that literally anything else than playing on the nerdiest server with the nerdiest people at the nerdiest time at night is the only way it can still kick you in any way. For this MP to thrive things needed to be changed and TW just doesn't seem to be stupid enough to ignore that.
Except the only reason Warband lasted in multiplayer as long as it did, and outlasted all it's competitors is because of those "sweaty nerds" as you fondly call them. The new players come, play for a bit and then move on to something else that catches their collective casual hivemind.

So you admit you've not got the necessary know how to comment on combat issues?

So you admit you need to go down to personal levels to win an argument?

Nope, I just want to be able to play like I did in Warband, which is actually a style of fighting you would enjoy watching because as you've said you like slow and steady fights.

I've played Warband you know - the combat was repulsive. I just kept playing because I like medieval realistic setting games and there aren't that many others and yes, those that exist I played as well.

Those same people are the ones who are gonna drop out of Bannerlord real quick once they realise that even here those warband players are still better than them.

What about we're NOT grossing out every new arrival, NOT risking every single one of them who bought the game solo because of a YouTube video he saw, and what about a timeline of reality where he does NOT uninstall the game after 10 minutes and actually tells someone about it because he likes it? You just can't imagine that reality by being so used to how WB was or are too nostalgic about being the WB top elite that you don't want to imagine it.

Are you meaning Warband? If so, find them for me.

Just off the top of my head. While the vote is fake, please take your time to go through each and every one of these comments, taste it on your tongue how low the chance is of these people ever logging into MP, then add to that the toxic elitism of WB multiplayer. Perfect storm.
How did this attitude develop? In a vacuum? You think they're all notorious loners from birth? Just the other day around 10 people were stacking on me telling me they play MP games often, just not M&B and yes, we weren't talking specifically about Bannerlord there, it was about M&B general.

Except the only reason Warband lasted in multiplayer as long as it did, and outlasted all it's competitors is because of those "sweaty nerds" as you fondly call them. The new players come, play for a bit and then move on to something else that catches their collective casual hivemind.

Yea, and you know what :grin: lets make it this time so that they don't leave after 15 min of one game but play a little longer and even tell someone about it? Or do you think you're so genetically different that you are the only one with the ability to actually come back to something you did before?

Here's an idea - let's wait for the dedicated servers with server-side mods and we'll agree all this in-fighting here was for nothing. Why in God's name waste the energy?

Last edited:
Except the only reason Warband lasted in multiplayer as long as it did, and outlasted all it's competitors is because of those "sweaty nerds" as you fondly call them.
I don't get this argument. Yeah sure we, the sweaty nerds, played the game for 10 goddamn years and I honestly got tired seeing the very same faces of the ~300 people that were very active in all the multiplayer tournaments and such. But how is that a good argument for a developer that aims for big audience? They aren't here to please a bunch of sweaty nerds, they gotta make profit and they already do: millions of EA copies have been sold and the reviews are very positive.

The simple fact is that Warband Native MP was a failure financially. The game was only successful thanks to SP and mods. It makes absolute sense that they decided to change something. And imo they are going in the right direction, I often see people playing BL's MP that never even touched WB's MP.

I honestly cannot be arsed to argue with someone who thinks that TDM is a valid game mode to measure one's skill and the other one thinks heavy cavalry needs buffs not nerfs.

I'd rather grate my balls into my dead nans mouth than try to make you both see reason.

I honestly cannot be arsed to argue with someone who thinks that TDM is a valid game mode to measure one's skill and the other one thinks heavy cavalry needs buffs not nerfs.

I'd rather grate my balls into my dead nans mouth than try to make you both see reason.

Never crossed his horizon that he could be the one being decently unreasonable in this discussion.

Back
Top Bottom