MP Skirmish

Users who are viewing this thread

Work alongside your teammates in this fast-paced, tactical PvP game mode. Manage your gold wisely to buy classes and respawns while attempting to break the enemy team's morale or destroy their forces completely.
Players:
6 vs 6​
Avg. Playtime:
20 minutes​
Rounds:
Best of 5​
Round Time:
5 minutes​
Objectives:
Kill all enemies or deplete the enemy team's morale or have the most morale when the round time expires.​
Troops:
Choose your desired troops at the start of the round and for the further respawns by using gold.​

Please leave all feedback relating to the Skirmish game mode in this thread.

Skirmish isn't bad but the three flags setup leaves little options for interesting strats and every game is kinda samey. A one-life competitive gamemode is sorely missed.

Skirmish isn't bad but the three flags setup leaves little options for interesting strats and every game is kinda samey. A one-life competitive gamemode is sorely missed.
Doubt they will change that cause than there is no use for normal archer in Aserai. No one would pick it instead of Veteran.

i think the problem is that we only got 3 maps, idk why they didnt remake some of the warband maps (like sandi) they already got the models for it, just need to put it in and work out spawnpoints...

even cpt mode got more maps

if its **** you can still change it later

Last edited:
why can we still see the enemy teams setup straight after the round started? It's not competetive, shouldn't be a thing
+ 1 here, also relatable for gold, I think.

This is not only about skirmish but the mode urgently needs some sort of advanced matchmaking and punishment system for leaving the game. These two small things just break the entire game experience.

Also, the spawn point in the middle of a fight are kind of odd. I spawned behind enemy lines pretty frequently.

Last edited:
I love playing skirmish and have already won over 100 games in EA and played the beta a little as well. I have two points to make:

1. I seem to get the same fractions over and over again. It seems really rare to play as Vlandia. I feel like I play as Empire and Aserai more than anything else.

2. Faction balance is not in a good spot. Some matchups seem to be really unfair. Empire vs. Aserai for example, Empire have a good unit for every class while Aserai has awful infantry and just okay archers. They have good cavalry but that only goes so far. I think either empire needs to be nerfed or Aserai need to be buffed.

Doubt they will change that cause than there is no use for normal archer in Aserai. No one would pick it instead of Veteran.

Tbh, most of the time nobody picks light classes in Skirmish either until it's all they can afford. A one-life gamemode could be made to work with the class system, mind you, but it would require balance changes made specifically for it. In the end we'll have to resort to modding to address both.

Tbh, most of the time nobody picks light classes in Skirmish either until it's all they can afford. A one-life gamemode could be made to work with the class system, mind you, but it would require balance changes made specifically for it. In the end we'll have to resort to modding to address both.
You're right

Please remove mirrored factions. It creates confusion and frustration. Or just let people pick whatever faction they want.

Not sure where I should write that down but I guess it's here...

I would love to see the stats of the weapons (damage/range/speed) as well for the armour. Just to get a better overview since the classes are already limited by the equipment since u can't choose them like in warband but I guess that won't be changed while it was already addressed in the beta.

While I'm here I address the problem with the missing battle and duel mode. I mean
I still don't get it. Where would a new player improve his/her skill if it isn't in battle or duel. Little background: when I was introducing warband to my brother he was poorly in combat so we joined some duel servers and get it done between the two of us. He improved and I backed up my unbelievable skills so he will learn something out of every fight. End of story

I mean I get it u want to be new player friendly and blablabla but u don't really help them if u keep them away of improving and help them through like random swings, chaotic fights, and easier selection of equipment. I mean that was never ur agenda in warband. A player will get better through playing and trying to defeat stronger players, understanding the equipment and not buffing the system for their advantage. For example cs go didn't do it, battlefield didn't, cod didn't but now u do it?
everywhere u can choose the equipment, and don't get limited except here.
the examples might be poorly, sorry for that.

I mean where's the fun then in improving? people who won't put time in the game will still be poorly in combat. It's like modern warfare or any other game u put time in. U keep progressing with time.
not with advantages for new players.

Ye give em some classes to choose give em your special Armour and weapons.
But only for introducing them...
But let them people choose to do so, If they have better ideas for their equipment let them choose, since the freedom is heavily needed in this game. Every warrior fight his own style not the given ones.

I thought of something else, I'm pretty sure players are leaving games when they are losing to have a better win / loss record. there is no benefit to sticking out a game and it tends to let the winning team steamroll the third round when there are lots of solo queued players.

Can't agree more with this. I realised that people started to ignore the flags completely and just force engagement. I believe that having one flag holds more importance and gives players one focal point on which they need to pay attention to during the rounds. This also increases the intensity and competitiveness of the rounds.

Last edited:
I still think this gamemode is inferior to warband battle but its the only option for a friendly fire on gamemode atm.

It needs MMR or 99% of players will stop playing it, every game is either stomp or get stomped and games where it isn't clan stack vs clan stack are getting rarer. If its going to be full of premades there at least needs to be a variable where if you have lower MMR you will at least get put against lesser skilled premades so you have a chance.

IF YOU ARENT GIVING US BATTLE OR DUEL MAKE MATCHES FAIRER SO NEWER PLAYERS CAN ACTUALLY LEARN AND NOT GET STOMPED

Make a tutorial popup for the first few games for new players to press the alt button. Like in Singleplayer on the first battle with the movement keys. Already had games where half my team just wandered off into the wrong direction.

People literally just leave when they see my team sometimes. We fight the same pubs over and over and end up stomping them. I feel like this is turning new players away from the game. There should also be punishments for leaving a game because the people that get stuck on a 5 man or 4 man team get their K/D and W/L screwed by these quitters.

Matchmaking needs to be fixed.

We need people to rejoin after they crash or disconnected under some certain conditions.

Back
Top Bottom