Loosing cavalry should yield horses

Users who are viewing this thread

Especially when said cavalry dies on a bandit hideout ambush. Those damn war horses are pricey enough.

Agree with the hideout situatie.,. I don't agree with battle situation. Battle situation should be randomized amount of horses kept or the once that survived with more than 70% hp left.

Imagine an wounded horse to be saved?? or most horses probably ran away after the rider fell off.

All said and done. waging wars cost money, time and resources. So getting no horses back is one of the risks of taking expensive soldiers into unimportant battles.

Following that logic then if your horse dies in battle you should lose it, and same for all your cavalry units? It was like that in viking conquest at least, horse could go lame or die altogether. I think part of the problem is that battle loot is only calculated on killed enemies, not killed friendly troops (and for good reasons). Perhaps the belongings go back to the family as compensation? If that's the case though I shoudln't have to provide a $1k+ horse to upgrade a $50 unit. What happens then to cavalry troops that first take a regular horse to upgreade, then a warhorse to upgrade next? I don't know where that horse is gone either... I think my dudes are running a horse black market at my expense :grin:

Seriously though I kind of like the idea of having to manage horse supplies but the way it's implemented now is too punishing for what it's worth, I think we would be better off without it until it is figured out better.

It's not like we don't have 999 horses in our inventory from all the battles already.. but ok, why not.
That has more to do with the economy being all over the place and horses being too cheap and common in my opinion. As soon as you start fighting nobles you have infinite money from loot but hopefully that will change in the future.

Yes, cause really we aren't stacking horses as it is :razz: I think my party has about 1 human : 10 horses at the moment... if so horses should also get feed then, and if you are realistic, then horses get killed real often; a horse with a broken leg, is getting a one way ticket to horse heaven ...

Because a horse without a rider will always stay on the battlefield in the middle of chaos, and totally not run away...

I'm not sure I agree with this, simply because :
In my playthrough as an Aserai Trader, 1/3 of my army are Haramis (Tier 4 desert bandit that would need a Warhorse if I upgraded them from a Nomad Bandits T3). Since I recruited them as prisoners already at T4 for a small sum, I could easily cheat the system by sending them to die and profit 1 Warhorse per dead Harami, even though I did not pay them their horse.

Back
Top Bottom