I am repulsively disappointed in MP, Taleworlds.

Users who are viewing this thread

They're not reading them, and I don't blame them for that. If I were in their position I wouldn't really care about MP after the direction the game took.

But what is improvable and should be done is spending those 5 minutes to just drop a message saying: 'We are busy with SP bug/crash fixes, we have changes planned to combat & balance but won't be coming in months until SP is more polished' or 'We know there's feedback but we don't plan on doing any changes to combat & balance as we consider it fine'. Just anything really, let us know, takes a few minutes max.

(Just updated a bit further of my personal feedback on my thread, here)
they aren't responding to sp threads either. This forum is like subreddit now lol

Singleplayer has improved more in 1 week than mp did on 6 months beta

I mean that's not really true, you literally couldn't block, change direction without running on the spot for 5 seconds, or turn without your camera losing control in MP at the start of beta and sometimes the entire game would freeze for a full second before everything suddenly caught up (often with you dying).

It's fine for SP to get some attention, and even though the MP beta was mostly a wasted opportunity I do think they want to fix it, it's the same old problem now for nearly a year - we don't have any update or communication from TW on their intention or goal and what they think are the key issues.

It was a hyperbole ogl.

I don't mind giving praise where it's due. Despite still lacking heavily in communication they're doing a good job with SP. Almost daily and relevant changes, some of them clearly done due to feedback.

MP is still having the same major problems it had 3 months ago though.
And now with their main attention being on SP (understandable) it'll just drag fixes in MP out.

I mean look at the few times we got actual, almost meaningfull changes (and I'm not talking about bugfixes) during the closed beta.
Not after threads and threads of generally polite or respectful feeback that brought nothing but radio silence from the devs, but more often than not those changes came after a wave of unrest on the forum.

What is even more mind-boggling is that these changes were usually coupled with actual communication on their part for a few days, at least untill the unrest died down somewhat. Every times it gave me hope we were finally going somewhere with the beta and that it was not just a pointless waste of everyone's time.

They are capable of communication and changing the game for the better, its just inconsistent and generally in response to backslash.
Let's hope the mp get some love eventually...

Edit:
I don't mind giving praise where it's due. Despite still lacking heavily in communication they're doing a good job with SP. Almost daily and relevant changes, some of them clearly done due to feedback.

Can't agree more, the SP is definitly getting some much necessary improvement, mostly from bugfixes (it's still in its early days afterall) but also from feedback, yet again proving they can listen and react to feedback. I wonder if the struggle of the beta was simply due to a lack of manpower to spare in favor of the MP, they were busy getting the SP ready for EA and, looking at how it's still clearly in its infancy (with the base of most systems in place but missing a lot of content), they most likely had a daunting amount of work to do to have it ready in time.

Last edited:
Captain mode needs improvement too, short of a co-op campaign (would much rather have a co-op campaign though) it is the only mode with potential for big battles in multiplayer. However they are not allowing for big battles with the current setup. 6vs6 with 7-25 man units depending on type of unit? That's a tiny skirmish. Increase the bot numbers and the player numbers and we could see some nice battles from this mode.
10vs10 players with say 15-60 man units (depending on type) would allow for much better battles.

never played warband multiplayer, but i enjoy captain mode a lot. More so than most multiplayer games I've ever played. Team deathmatch is a laggy mess, but what are you going to expect with 120 people in a game mode?

As for the servers I sincerely doubt they are going to keep it the way it is. No company wants to have to pay for servers, they probably just didn't see coding out private servers(I'm sure there's security concerns, especially now that its combined with steam basically) as a priority.

I see it as well deserved. For 8 months people fought against the class system. They just couldn't admit to themselves that it was a bad idea. Such stupidity.

That's your opnion though. You do not know how representative of the population of players it is, maybe very little, maybe not. I really loved the WB system but I can see potential in the BL's too. It just needs (a lot) more work, including refining perks, customisation and making the combat more dynamic (and it is already more dynamic than in WB). Actually one of hte critics is that BL is just a reskinned WB. Skrimish mode is fun. A Battle mode is disperately needed.

I see it as well deserved. For 8 months people fought against the class system. They just couldn't admit to themselves that it was a bad idea. Such stupidity.

While it may be frustrating when people are being stubborn even when their is clear evidence that the majority disagree with the developers, there should never be room for insults.

Not only is it distasteful but if you want to make someone more stubborn and attach themselves further to their beliefs, you insult them and make yourself more their enemy.
Insults never solve anything or change anybodies mind. They usually just make yourself feel better for a moment.

Singleplayer has improved more in 1 week than mp did on 6 months beta

The slightly insulting thing is I'm seeing the threads in the singleplayer forum, thinking "Ha, good luck with that suggestion/fix/nerf/buff" and then seeing it in the next ****ing patch notes. Recent example being the tournaments exp gain being implemented, and then reduced, both had a thread requesting it. We had to plead for a good month or two just for them to half the throwing weapons count :cry:

The slightly insulting thing is I'm seeing the threads in the singleplayer forum, thinking "Ha, good luck with that suggestion/fix/nerf/buff" and then seeing it in the next ****ing patch notes. Recent example being the tournaments exp gain being implemented, and then reduced, both had a thread requesting it. We had to plead for a good month or two just for them to half the throwing weapons count :cry:

The thing is they only implement it if they themselves think it's a good idea. And these "loud minorities" should really be made to shut up. You're drowning out the other legitimate debates. Class system is absolutely great, combat system is great, played yesterday on the servers, it's war, it's chaos, it's great fun. Go play now or play Warband. Getting the feeling some here only keep pushing the issues because it has become so controversial that it became nearly personal so they hope to get to troll people in the event TaleWorlds would listen to them however unlikely. Even if not - you could've had so much fun playing this game by now instead of sitting here complaining. You know - "WE" can also play this game - don't tell us it's not fun. It's superb fun. Getting really tired of this debate. Go - play!

The thing is they only implement it if they themselves think it's a good idea. And these "loud minorities" should really be made to shut up. You're drowning out the other legitimate debates. Class system is absolutely great, combat system is great, played yesterday on the servers, it's war, it's chaos, it's great fun. Go play now or play Warband. Getting the feeling some here only keep pushing the issues because it has become so controversial that it became nearly personal so they hope to get to troll people in the event TaleWorlds would listen to them however unlikely. Getting really tired of this debate. Go - play!

Loud minorities, polls say otherwise. They are representative and nothing you say will say otherwise because FACTS be FACTS :smile:

Loud minorities, polls say otherwise. They are representative and nothing you say will say otherwise because FACTS be FACTS :smile:

There he is again. Since 578 is banned for inarguably terrible behavior he took over the uncompromising-complainer faction banner. 1000s playing this game, many of which having fun in multiplayer but he thinks the hardened core having rooted itself squarely in this forum is representative LOL. Dude, stop deluding yourself. Let any new player play this game and Warband and I know around ~102% what he will say which he likes better. Very probably not the one with nauseating stats and weapon choices being thrown at him where he gets cut down by elite-since-about-2003-players spamming feints at 7 times a second in various directions.

There he is again. Since 578 is banned he took over the complainer faction banner. 1000s playing this game, many of which having fun in multiplayer but he thinks the hardened core having rooted itself squarely in this forum is representative LOL. Dude, stop deluding yourself. Let any new player play this game and Warband and I know around ~102% what he will say which he likes better. Very probably not the one with nauseating stats and weapon choices being thrown at him where he gets cut down by elite-since-about-2003-players spamming feints at 7 times a second in various directions.

At EA there were around 5000 players playing.

Now there are barely 1000 people.

If you actually would have participated in the beta you would know all you just said is something most of us will just look over because you're the 81288th creative poster who keeps spreading misinformation.

Just a reminder that a severe dropoff is expected for any game.

But yes MP does have a number of significant problems that is hastening that. I've seen it in many of my own games.

At EA there were around 5000 players playing.

Now there are barely 1000 people.

If you actually would have participated in the beta you would know all you just said is something most of us will just look over because you're the 81288th creative poster who keeps spreading misinformation.

Ok so now I didn't participate in the BETA :grin: This guy throws strawmen like no other I swear. Only had the game since November dude, and I'm not really sure why I even answer this as this has ZERO to so with what we're talking about. Talk about misinformation. There's the trolling. He just needs TaleWorlds to implement his things for his ego.

Back
Top Bottom