Realistically, how long will we have to wait for new quests to be implemented ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Tukata

Recruit
Right now, I don't exactly know how many quests are available in the game (can someone tell me the exact number ?) but it seems like the same 4-5 keep repeating over and over until you're so sick of this "Family Feud" quest you simply ignore it. What would be the ideal number of quests, for you ? Personnally, I think that a game like Bannerlord should include at least 50 types of quests, with some quests being exclusive for some cultures.

Wait until you get the point where you can regularly visit lords halls, they have some quests you probably didn't see.
Maybe you will be surprised.
Also did you try to go into a city and find a 'backstreet', 'waterfront' or something along those lines, speak to one - kill him and start another type of quest?

Wait until you get the point where you can regularly visit lords halls, they have some quests you probably didn't see.
Maybe you will be surprised.
Also did you try to go into a city and find a 'backstreet', 'waterfront' or something along those lines, speak to one - kill him and start another type of quest?
What do you mean by saying "another type of quest"? As far as I know, if you try to kill one of the gang leaders in the city, he won't die, only wounded. And I don't understand what is that feature for, because you get relation penalty with that person and a criminal raiting about 30, but nothing more.

And what quests lords might have in stock? I was given only "Company of Trouble" and "Give Troops to garisson", ONCE i was given a quest "Bring the rival lord". There's also "Spy party" but is is buggy, and beyond that - nothing more.

I think you both are missing the point anyway -- the idea of 'quests' in bannerlord is only a short task to do with the specific purpose of improving your relation with the quest giver. Whilst having a negative affect sometimes with the opposition.
By improving your relation you can recruit better troops from that location.

^ that is literally the whole point of it.

This game is a sandbox and it is not like a typical RPG where it heavily relies on quests to give you things to do -- you are the one in charge.
Why do you need hand holding to enjoy Bannerlord?

I think we are playing things very differently ?

Well they allready announced on the steam early access section there will be more quests later on. Sure, their gaming mechanic reason is to increase your relation, but having to run the same quest hundreds of times isnt that fun, having some variety doesnt hurt. But I'd guess its not a priority right now nor would I argue it should be. But to answer the OP's question i hope we will have a decent variety upon release, the idea of having some faction specific ones I like a lot. Maybe even something like a "main plot" for each faction with a series of quests following each other, idk.

Right now, I don't exactly know how many quests are available in the game (can someone tell me the exact number ?) but it seems like the same 4-5 keep repeating over and over until you're so sick of this "Family Feud" quest you simply ignore it. What would be the ideal number of quests, for you ? Personnally, I think that a game like Bannerlord should include at least 50 types of quests, with some quests being exclusive for some cultures.

Given how many things still need to be fixed in the basic gamelan, I don't think quests will really be a priority for a while.

I think you both are missing the point anyway -- the idea of 'quests' in bannerlord is only a short task to do with the specific purpose of improving your relation with the quest giver. Whilst having a negative affect sometimes with the opposition.
By improving your relation you can recruit better troops from that location.

^ that is literally the whole point of it.

This game is a sandbox and it is not like a typical RPG where it heavily relies on quests to give you things to do -- you are the one in charge.
Why do you need hand holding to enjoy Bannerlord?

I think we are playing things very differently ?
Exactly this. This isn't Skyrim.

Given how many things still need to be fixed in the basic gamelan, I don't think quests will really be a priority for a while.
I agree, they need to nail down what's currently wrong so far with this early access build then add new layers of problems, any new features should fix old problems first ( like snowballing or bandits, economy, experience, perks etc )

I agree, they need to nail down what's currently wrong so far with this early access build then add new layers of problems, any new features should fix old problems first ( like snowballing or bandits, economy, experience, perks etc )

Plus optimization :wink:

Back
Top Bottom