In Progress Game wont start

Users who are viewing this thread

Did you try the fix I posted a few comments above? (It might not necessarily be the exact same issue, but this particular error is *definitely* an issue with your .NET install, not the game, waiting for devs to fix it is fruitless)
Yes, I tried, but it didn't work. Now trying some windows updates, hope that works.

Yes, I tried, but it didn't work. Now trying some windows updates, hope that works.

It should do the trick if your windows isn't up to date. NET framework pretty much needs the newest update which is 1909. If you have problems with installing the update, i can give you my guide.

Hi all, looking for help too.
Basically i can play from the folder but Steam won't let me play it,i press play...one seconds of a little po up... and then it's green botton play again.
I don't have a crash log to post or something because i never saw them.

Btw i have:

-check the integrity files
-not an antivirus problem
-I have the 1803 version of Windows and it should go well
-run as admin
-Cancelled CN language
-Installed all the drivers linked by devs

Nothing works.
I mean i can play from the folder but it's not the same thing

Basically i can play from the folder but Steam won't let me play it,i press play...one seconds of a little po up... and then it's green botton play again.

Btw i have:

-run as admin
-Cancelled CN language

Nothing works.

You need to update Windows. The most recent version is 1909. 1803 is 2 years old. Updating will most likely fix your issue.

Btw i have:

-run as admin
-Cancelled CN language

Nothing works.

1803 is outdated. Download 1909. Once installed try and launch the game

I updated to 1909, but nothing has changed.

Double check if it has.

my problem was that even though I ran the update, and “installed” it. It actually failed- but I was not notified nor did it show up on my history. In fact, it still showed that my update was still 1607- yep, really old.

what you can do if you haven’t already is “upgrade” your windows. That’ll give you the new version as if you freshly installed it and no you won’t lose data.

however in my case, that didn’t work either. My windows was bugged out to crap. So as a last resort I had to do a clean and fresh update of windows. Wiped 8 years of data in one click.

you shouldn’t have to do that so just make sure the update is definitely installed and wasn’t ghosted

Updated to 1909 and doesn't work.
I passed all of today looking on the internet for this and i think i can say a thing for sure: guys we have nothing to do with it, simple as.

It's a problem of the devs.
I mean if i can play the game from the folder but i can't launch through Steam it's a problem related to devs or to steam, no other way.

So please, just fix this stuff.
I can accept bugs, glitches, whatever you want in EA but the fact that the game just don't start through Steam it's a bit too much.

Nah wait, nevermind.
i uploaded windows, cancelled the language CN and put -windowed in the steam launch options and not it works.
It still change nothing btw, too many troubles.

Please devs help the people out there with these problems, thanks!

Can you try to launch the game with the Bannerlord.exe file located in
steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client folder?
If you can launch the game from here it means that our launcher has a problem. If you crash, can you try launching the game through Bannerlord.Native.exe? If you are experiencing a missing dll error when launching from here it means that you are missing a dependency.

Run Bannerlord.Native.exe Failed With Error

Code:
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.

Could not load file or assembly 'TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <f9a20586108e4249b7275ba8971ca7ee>:0

at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.CollectModuleAssemblyTypes (System.Reflection.Assembly moduleAssembly) [0x00006] in <6de2fb9dcbfd4e57b15d7d0cf628df00>:0

at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.AddSubModule (System.Reflection.Assembly subModuleAssembly, System.String name) [0x00015] in <6de2fb9dcbfd4e57b15d7d0cf628df00>:0

at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.LoadSubModules () [0x00198] in <6de2fb9dcbfd4e57b15d7d0cf628df00>:0

at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.Initialize () [0x00033] in <6de2fb9dcbfd4e57b15d7d0cf628df00>:0

at ManagedCallbacks.CoreCallbacksGenerated.Module_Initialize (System.Int32 thisPointer) [0x00006] in <ceca20c21e0b49e9b627f2e1f6b47b3f>:0

at (wrapper native-to-managed) ManagedCallbacks.CoreCallbacksGenerated.Module_Initialize(int)

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

File name: 'TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

Can you try to launch the game with the Bannerlord.exe file located in
steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client folder?
If you can launch the game from here it means that our launcher has a problem. If you crash, can you try launching the game through Bannerlord.Native.exe? If you are experiencing a missing dll error when launching from here it means that you are missing a dependency.

I've been unable to launch the game from steam. I get to the splash screen and galloping horse then a popup says "the application faced a problem". I have to use bannerlord.exe directly. Was working fine until this latest patch :dead: currently trying a reinstall.

PS: windows updated/drivers updated/sharpening and scaling turned off

Run Bannerlord.Native.exe Failed With Error

Code:
[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Exception of type 'System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException' was thrown.

Could not load file or assembly 'TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes(System.Reflection.Assembly,bool)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes () [0x00000] in <f9a20586108e4249b7275ba8971ca7ee>:0

at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.CollectModuleAssemblyTypes (System.Reflection.Assembly moduleAssembly) [0x00006] in <6de2fb9dcbfd4e57b15d7d0cf628df00>:0

at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.AddSubModule (System.Reflection.Assembly subModuleAssembly, System.String name) [0x00015] in <6de2fb9dcbfd4e57b15d7d0cf628df00>:0

at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.LoadSubModules () [0x00198] in <6de2fb9dcbfd4e57b15d7d0cf628df00>:0

at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.Initialize () [0x00033] in <6de2fb9dcbfd4e57b15d7d0cf628df00>:0

at ManagedCallbacks.CoreCallbacksGenerated.Module_Initialize (System.Int32 thisPointer) [0x00006] in <ceca20c21e0b49e9b627f2e1f6b47b3f>:0

at (wrapper native-to-managed) ManagedCallbacks.CoreCallbacksGenerated.Module_Initialize(int)

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

File name: 'TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
Hi, sorry for your inconvenience. Running Native.exe is just for testing the dependencies. This callstack is normal and it shows that there is no dependency issue right now. To be on the same level, you can not launch the game from steam. What about the "TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe"? Can you pass the launcher and safely enter the initial menu?

It CTD strait away and no crash uploader. This is on the reinstalled version.
Sorry for your inconvenience. Can you tell me what happens when you run the game from both Steam and the "TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe"? Can you get pass the launcher and safely arrive at the main menu? If it is crashing, can you send the file that starts with rgl_log_errors in the "steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\logs" folder? Finally, are you trying to enter Single Player or the Multi Player? These information will help us identify the issue. Thanks in advance.

Sorry for your inconvenience. Can you tell me what happens when you run the game from both Steam and the "TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe"? Can you get pass the launcher and safely arrive at the main menu? If it is crashing, can you send the file that starts with rgl_log_errors in the "steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\logs" folder? Finally, are you trying to enter Single Player or the Multi Player? These information will help us identify the issue. Thanks in advance.

It launches and gets to the loading screen with horsey running on bottom right then gives me a popup error "the application faced a problem" for both steam and launcher exe. I would give logs but there is no logs folder???

[edit] I don't get to the main menu or even see the taleworlds intro and i am entering singleplayer?

Last edited:
It launches and gets to the loading screen with horsey running on bottom right then gives me a popup error "the application faced a problem" for both steam and launcher exe. I would give logs but there is no logs folder???

[edit] I don't get to the main menu or even see the taleworlds intro and i am entering singleplayer?
Thanks for your input. Can you please check this folder "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs"? ProgramData may be hidden by default so you may need to enable "Show Hidden Files/Folders" through the Folder Options menu.

i updated my .net framework to 4.6 , i cant update it any more because im using windows 8 and windows 8 doesnt support 4.6 . and it still crashes in the white screen. fix it asap please

Hi, sorry for your inconvenience. Running Native.exe is just for testing the dependencies. This callstack is normal and it shows that there is no dependency issue right now. To be on the same level, you can not launch the game from steam. What about the "TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe"? Can you pass the launcher and safely enter the initial menu?

Run TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe, Game not real start, Process running in a few seconds, and quit in scilent
  1. Double Clieck TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe
  2. TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe Process Start
  3. A few seconds, about 5 seconds, process quit
  4. There's Error Non-Zero Device Reference Count! (ERC1406) In rgl_log_3482
  5. There's almost nothing in rgl_log_errors_3482

[*] rgl_log_3482

Code:
Exiting network manager...
Deleting Game... OK!
Final_cleanup...
Frame# : 5935.
Saving options...
Deleting resources...Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_torch_light)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_torch_light)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_0)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_1)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_2)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_3)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_4)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_5)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_6)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_7)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_8)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_9)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_10)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_11)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_12)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_13)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_14)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_15)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_16)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_17)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_0)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_1)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_2)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_3)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_4)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_5)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_6)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_7)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_8)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_9)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_10)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_11)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_12)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_13)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_14)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_15)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_16)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_watersplash_17)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_outdoor_smoke_medium)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_outdoor_fire_medium)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_fire_sparks_medium)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(outdoor_fire_small)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(outdoor_fire_small)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_outdoor_fire_large_line)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_outdoor_fire_sparks_large_line)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_outdoor_smoke_large_line)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_outdoor_fire_large_line)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_outdoor_fire_sparks_large_line)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_outdoor_smoke_large_line)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_fire_sparks_large)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_outdoor_fire_large)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_outdoor_smoke_medium)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_fire_sparks_large)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_outdoor_fire_large)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_outdoor_smoke_medium)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_torch_fire_sparks)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(siege_fire_particle_e)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(siege_fire_particle_e)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(siege_fire_particle_e)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(siege_fire_particle_e)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(siege_fire_particle_e)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(siege_fire_particle_e)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(siege_fire_particle_e)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(siege_fire_particle_e)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(siege_fire_particle_e)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(siege_fire_particle_e)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(siege_fire_particle_e)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(siege_fire_particle_e)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(siege_fire_particle_e)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(siege_fire_particle_e)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_torch_fire)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(torch_fire_sparks)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(torch_fire_sparks)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(torch_fire_sparks)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_torch_fire)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(torch_fire_sparks)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_torch_fire)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(torch_fire_sparks)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(torch_fire_sparks)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_torch_fire)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(torch_fire_sparks)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(torch_fire_sparks)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(fire)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_fire_sparks_large)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_outdoor_fire_large)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_outdoor_smoke_medium)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_fire)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_small_fire_sparks)Disabling invalid particle system under entity(prt_small_smoke)Dumping resource usage information:
#RT textures: 96.
#DT textures: 7.
#Data textures: 6.
OK!
Scene Leaks: 
MBInitialScreenBase : 1
TableauCacheManager.BannerScene : 1
mono_renderscene : 2
scn_item_tableau : 6
scn_soldier : 4
Pre Finalizing Managed Interface...OK!
Deleting Managed Interface...
[19:10:47.0860681] Checking if any managed object still lives... 

[19:10:47.0860681] There are no living managed objects. 

Managed Interface deleted.

Error: Non-Zero Device Reference Count! (ERC1406)
Closing log file...

[*] rgl_log_errors_3482
Code:
Starting new log file...
05 Apr 2020 Sunday 19:09 ?D1ú±ê×?ê±??
Computer: DESKTOP-J8G94Q5 User: HenryHou
Build Version: 223799
Closing log file...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom