In Progress Game wont start

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi.

I've just purchased the game and when I click on play in Steam the game loads briefly and then doesn't open.

My steam sort of refreshes as if I had closed out of it without it ever actually opening.

->Click play
->Says I'm in game
->Game doesn't open
->Says I'm online (no longer in game)

Help I just want to play :'(

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried to open the task manager to see whether bannerlord is still running? If so, close it down as it will prevent the game from starting again. Had this happen to me a few times with the beta. If you can't close the application over the task manager, try rebooting your pc.

Hope it helps.

Have you tried to open the task manager to see whether bannerlord is still running? If so, close it down as it will prevent the game from starting again. Had this happen to me a few times with the beta. If you can't close the application over the task manager, try rebooting your pc.

Hope it helps.
Yeah I've tried that

sadly still the same result.

I've restarted, reinstalled, verified and even attempted to start the game from the local files and not just steam.

Same issue. When I click play (single player or multiplayer), Steam shows the status as running for about 5 seconds while the Task Manager doesn't even show any Bannerlord process.

Starting from Bannerlord_Native in bin folder same problem but atleast it shows the 'loading screen' and crashed instantly after that with no message.

Same issue here,

Just purchased the game on Steam and installed, however it won't open. When I click play it says "X Stop" like its running, then goes back to "Play" a second later. I'm not sure the application is opening. When I ran the .exe launcher it just brought up a white screen with the error:
"Unable to find module info file in $BASE/Modules/Native/engine_module.ini"

Here's what I've tried so far:
Verified integrity of game files
Disabled antivirus
Restarted PC, full power off
Launched steam as administrator
Installed C++ 2015 redistributable

Still no dice, help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sea Bear

Same issue here,

Just purchased the game on Steam and installed, however it won't open. When I click play it says "X Stop" like its running, then goes back to "Play" a second later. I'm not sure the application is opening. When I ran the .exe launcher it just brought up a white screen with the error:
"Unable to find module info file in $BASE/Modules/Native/engine_module.ini"

Here's what I've tried so far:
Verified integrity of game files
Disabled antivirus
Restarted PC, full power off
Launched steam as administrator
Installed C++ 2015 redistributable

Still no dice, help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Sea Bear

Going to bite the bullet and reinstall, hopefully it helps

Starting from Bannerlord_Native in bin folder same problem but atleast it shows the 'loading screen' and crashed instantly after that with no message.
Did the same, I also tried verify the files in steam but it refuses to do anything, sat for 10+ minutes and stayed on 0%.

I just redownloaded the c++ 2015, hit steam, exit then re opened and it allowed me, i got the white screen then hit wait till responds and it worked
Edit: crashed again lol

update, I have now tried deleting and re-downloading the modules folder and updating .net framework as well as using the exe in the bin folder... still crashes on startup. I stayed up all night for the release so I guess i'll uninstall and reinstall while I get some sleep... I've waited 8 years... and counting I guess.

Back
Top Bottom