SP - Player, NPCs & Troops Make aging an option.

Users who are viewing this thread

It's more of Warband with an expanded feature-set and more to do, honestly. Generational game-play is one of those features, sure it's not true to the formula but it's part of that "expanded" feature-set. It's adding what was already there in some ways in certain mods to the new, refined formula for a MB game.

It's not everyone's cup of tea, sure, but it's part of the core gameplay at this point and it's taken them 8 years to get here. Do you want to wait another 8? ?

Yeah, maybe you're right, they might take the game down because of this and release it in another 8 years lmao

Because, as I mentioned above, it seems to be ingrained into the foundations of the sandbox/campaign game-modes. Lords can be executed, die and clans can fall and (hopefully soon) rise to replace them. The children can grow up and replace lost lords, etc etc. It just adds to the game itself in a different way that some people aren't comfortable with but it's not a bad feature.

The game-world is supposed to be evolving and changing, no two playthroughs the same, etc. A stale world that never ages and doesn't change over time is pretty lame and one of the reasons Warband got stale after a while for me, despite all the combat and sieges and whatnot.
You'd still have the dynamics of relationships with the lords and factions. No two playthroughs were the same in previous titles.

They've even given us the option to turn of the 'battle death' mechanic. Something that no doubt messes with the balance of the game. Two playthroughs of battle death and non-battle death would be drastically different, game mechanic wise. They still give players the option. Giving players the option to ignore all of that won't stop you from playing the way you like.

You'd still have the dynamics of relationships with the lords and factions. No two playthroughs were the same in previous titles.

They've even given us the option to turn of the 'battle death' mechanic. Something that no doubt messes with the balance of the game. Two playthroughs of battle death and non-battle death would be drastically different, game mechanic wise. They still give players the option. Giving players the option to ignore all of that won't stop you from playing the way you like.
I'm more worried about the actual foundation of the core gameplay itself which, as I mentioned, seems to be based around a few features, generational gameplay included.

Like I said above, you can introduce an option but how much of an impact will that incur on the gameplay loop they're trying to design for campaign/sandbox?

I'm more worried about the actual foundation of the core gameplay itself which, as I mentioned, seems to be based around a few features, generational gameplay included.

Like I said above, you can introduce an option but how much of an impact will that incur on the gameplay loop they're trying to design for campaign/sandbox?

That I was wondering too but it doesn't matter. It could be just settings so you can modify your age yourself

The thing that i don't like the most is that unfortunately since we have ageing mechanic, and characters are replaced all the time, that means that we will never have Lords/Companions with unique backstories, personal quests, abilites and equipment.

Instead we will get NPC-s generated by template each time that are all the same.
That breaks the immersion most for me, it makes the word look bland, and companions and lords no more interesting than simple soldiers.

Unfortunately, the game will 100% go in this direction, so the only hope is that moders will make the game for people that like living in the world more, than playing Kingdom Management / Total War.

The thing that i don't like the most is that unfortunately since we have ageing mechanic, and characters are replaced all the time, that means that we will never have Lords/Companions with unique backstories, personal quests, abilites and equipment.

Instead we will get NPC-s generated by template each time that are all the same.
That breaks the immersion most for me, it makes the word look bland, and companions and lords no more interesting than simple soldiers.

Unfortunately, the game will 100% go in this direction, so the only hope is that moders will make the game for people that like living in the world more, than playing Kingdom Management / Total War.

Well I agree but why do you think it'll go 100 % in this direction? There's already an option to enable death. But yeah I too think they won't make anging an option. I hope someone'll make a mod for this.

Inappropriate behavior
Well I agree but why do you think it'll go 100 % in this direction? There's already an option to enable death. But yeah I too think they won't make anging an option. I hope someone'll make a mod for this.

Your whingeing about an option that doesn't affect gameplay and can be turned off by disabling deaths is very disconcerting.

-snip- Also, the game starts with plenty of unique characters with unique backstories who will live 50+ years so your point is deader than JFK.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your whingeing about an option that doesn't affect gameplay and can be turned off by disabling deaths is very disconcerting.

-snip- Also, the game starts with plenty of unique characters with unique backstories who will live 50+ years so your point is deader than JFK.

Disabling battle death DOES affect gameplay. The rate of lord and companion death goes up significantly with it enabled, yet they give players the option to enable/disable.

Why do you care if someone else has a differently balanced experience than you? You still get the same game. Now you're just whingeing because other people want options.

Last edited by a moderator:
Disabling battle death DOES affect gameplay. The rate of lord and companion death goes up significantly with it enabled, yet they give players the option to enable/disable.

Why do you care if someone else has a differently balanced experience than you? You still get the same game. Now you're just whingeing because other people want options.

Thats what I was about to say lmao. Right after he showed off his math skills I figured he's just kind of slow.

That's just how i see it right now, you either go in "generated direction" (no man''s sky) or hand crafted world (the Witcher). Those two are extreme examples, by they show the two extremes when you chose a direction in the game, bannerlord is gonna be somwhere in the middle, but it is gonna lean towards no man's sky, while i would have liked leaning towards the Witcher more.

*(For people that think that this comparison doesnt make sense, please ignore it, you don't understand what i meant)

You have a brain, right? Use that to figure out the person's backstory. Or do you need every element of story to be dictated to you by some Turkish game developer? Also, the game starts with plenty of unique characters with unique backstories who will live 50+ years so your point is deader than JFK.
Yeah imagining stories is a good option, but i would like to play in a rich world full of stories made by other people.

Your other point is your opinion, i feel zero immersion playing this game right now.

Yeah imagining stories is a good option, but i would like to play in a rich world full of stories made by other people.

Your other point is your opinion, i feel zero immersion playing this game right now.

If I were you I wouldn't be responding to him, he just talks scheiße

Life goes on, get good or go home!

We age, love it

Doesn't mean have to follow the herd of sheep if you don't like it. Of course some of us are gonna play it no matter what but it doesn't mean I'm gonna be quiet about it. You seem submissive

thing is that 4 months are 1 year, so with current skills, you cant really level up anything for long cause the char gets old. 120 days is 1 year.

Do you want to smith ? Need to wait in towns, see how quick that goes.

I rathr have standard time 12 months, then aging is a non-issue.

Back
Top Bottom