POLL: Should players be able to disable the aging mechanic?

Should players be able to turn off aging?

• YES! I don't like it.

Votes: 79 11.5%
  • YES! The game should have options to emulate the legacy titles if the user desires.

Votes: 365 53.2%
  • NO! The game was designed this way on purpose.

Votes: 175 25.5%
  • NO! I like it.

Votes: 67 9.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Really slow aging is OK. But super aging, aging by a year every 80 days... that's a big problem when overland speed is so slow, so you end up spending years on some rudimentary quests.

...What planet is the game set on, where a year is 80 days, instead of 365? Considering how difficult it is to get from one end of the map to the other, in BL, I don't think making years go by so quickly is in its interest. Someone needs to find out if your stats carry over. What about your companions!? Do they all die of age, or are THEY immortal?

Depends how long you can adventure. If it's 50 years, 50 x 16 = 800 days. If it's only 20 years, that's still 320 days.

I think we don't know the answer to these questions. Also, are more companions generated?

I don’t understand why some of you vote for NO! Are you for real being that selfish? Like how would the vote for YES! change the game? It’d only add the option for disabling it and you could keep your stuped aging system. It doesn’t mean there would be only one of those options so vote for the f-ing optional aging because majority of us WANTS the option to disable it.

Some random dude here said it’s like in the game Sims, but does he little know that in that game you CAN turn off the aging and be immortal.

Some other other dude said it AIN’T like being a ghost as I stated here before. WRONG it IS like being f-ing demon possessin.

Are yall that vote for those two NO! options really that slow, not being able to comprehend this?
Almost 70 % of us want that option, so we’re the majority here but still yall insists on having it without the option? Like fr?

How you wanna in the hell roleplay wirh this? What if i wanna be immortal dude selling grain for decades like it was with all the previous titles?

Lemme just say this.. They (the devs) said: You can play the way you want to play it. How? Tell me how, yall, who voted for the absolute NO! and still say that you can roleplay and play the way you want to play it. Or are yall coming from Total War that you are comfrtable with it? It Doesnt even matter if you wanna age, that option WONT delete your aging system.

I waited long 5 years for this game and for what. They polish Warband and call it Bannerlord with all different shait. I get it. Change is sometimes welcomed and good, but not in this case with no option whatsoever and whats more, they did it (The aging system) w/o the option for the first time in their games not knowing how some of us would react. Clear stupidity if you ask me.

Cheers

Last edited:
Reminds me of the purists who didn't want the freedom to save and load in Kingdom Come: Deliverance. It was easy to mod it so that you could save and load anywhere, however.

I am pretty sure all companions are procedurally generated. They all seem to be based on a collection of templates. You can tell what templates and backstories they have by their "last names"
Even the first set of companions are procedural? I assumed they'd be unique.

I admit, the writing for them has never been that terrific, but at the same time I worry that making them procedural just ensures it's going to be horrible. This might also explain why their faces aren't so great, and the guy who is meant to be a fierce loose-cannon is tiny.

I voted for the yes, not no. I too want the choice. However, it is not like demon possession. Your comment is inane, sorry. It is a video game, there is no demon possession. That nonsense is just stupid.

Even the first set of companions are procedural? I assumed they'd be unique.

I admit, the writing for them has never been that terrific, but at the same time I worry that making them procedural just ensures it's going to be horrible. This might also explain why their faces aren't so great, and the guy who is meant to be a fierce loose-cannon is tiny.
Our dear brother, whats-his-name, has had three different haircuts since I started a new game after each patch post 1.0, and I've yet to encounter a companion I've met before. I've, however, met several 'Longknives' and 'The Robbers' in each playthrough, all seemed to have the same stat focuses (maybe apart from their levels) as their same-name counterparts. The number of 'The Wronged' and 'The Wanderers' I've found were also pretty astonishing.

I voted for the yes, not no. I too want the choice. However, it is not like demon possession. Your comment is inane, sorry. It is a video game, there is no demon possession. That nonsense is just stupid.

I said it’s like being a demon, ghost the f- you want to call it and not that the player is. Its nonsense to you because you aint able to read it, call yourself stuped. And for the fact, it IS like being a demon or whatever you want to call it, nothing realistic about that - itd be, if youd watch them but not play them but thats just off the point and its just my humble opinion, you can have a different view on that but that doesnt matter.

Our dear brother, whats-his-name, has had three different haircuts since I started a new game after each patch post 1.0, and I've yet to encounter a companion I've met before. I've, however, met several 'Longknives' and 'The Robbers' in each playthrough, all seemed to have the same stat focuses (maybe apart from their levels) as their same-name counterparts. The number of 'The Wronged' and 'The Wanderers' I've found were also pretty astonishing.
Our dear meathead that took all of the horses and gear*

I said it’s like being a demon, ghost the f- you want to call it and not that the player is. Its nonsense to you because you aint able to read it, call yourself stuped. And for the fact, it IS like being a demon or whatever you want to call it, nothing realistic about that - itd be, if youd watch them but not play them but thats just off the point and its my humble opinion.

If you are going to call me stupid, at least spell it correctly. I know exactly what you said, and I am saying that your comment is inane. Maybe that is too difficult for you to understand though.

If you are going to call me stupid, at least spell it correctly. I know exactly what you said, and I am saying that your comment is inane. Maybe that is too difficult for you to understand though.

That’s a reference to the rapper 6ix9ine and I dont wanna get blocked and second of all english isnt my first language. You expressed your stuped opinion on the ghost/demon possessin, I reacted. If youre gonna call it insane at least say which part or what exactly, rn youre just hating. From my point of view youre just a cvnt lmao, cheers

Oh.... they've ruined companions. If TW can barely produce interesting characters and good writing intentionally, there's no way they can make an engine to do it randomly.

I expect some modders will recreate the original companions of M&B in BL, at some point.

Oh.... they've ruined companions. If TW can barely produce interesting characters and good writing intentionally, there's no way they can make an engine to do it randomly.

I expect some modders will recreate the original companions of M&B in BL, at some point.
Well, given they gave players the option to enable hero deaths in battles, they had to add in procedural character generation to compensate for it. And with the way time and clan heirs work, I bet procedural character generation was the foremost thing on the devs minds.
Edit: bloody typos.

Yeah, procedural generation has gotten big. Sadly, it is often poorly thought out. Since there's no long-term gameplay loop, where you spend years building castles and doing 4x kind of stuff, they just made a year 80 days long....

One of the interesting things about M&B is that you built up relationships with various nobility over time, you got to know characters. I seriously doubt this procedural idea will be worth the cost.

That’s a reference to the rapper 6ix9ine and I dont wanna get blocked and second of all english isnt my first language. You expressed your stuped opinion on the ghost/demon possessin, I reacted. If youre gonna call it insane at least say which part or what exactly, rn youre just hating. From my point of view youre just a cvnt lmao, cheers

I didn't say it was insane, I said it was inane. Inane is a word which means stupid or silly. If you are referencing rapper 6ix9ine then I don't think I need to say anymore lol.

I didn't say it was insane, I said it was inane. Inane is a word which means stupid or silly. If you are referencing rapper 6ix9ine then I don't think I need to say anymore lol.

Exactly, you dont need to. Ive read enough. Like I said, english aint my first language so I thought inane is synonym to insane (still think that) and just because I made a reference doesn’t mean I listen to him, doesnt mean anything. Now I can literally call you stupid, not responding to your stupid **** no more

Last edited:
Exactly, you dont need to. Ive read enough. Like I said, english aint my first language so I thought inane is synonym to insane (still think that) and just because I made a reference doesn’t mean I listen to him, doesnt mean anything. Now I can literally call you stupid, not responding to your stupid **** no more

Lol, I hope so because your comments only get dumber.

Back
Top Bottom