Ranged Troops Not Firing Under Certain Conditions - Video Included

Users who are viewing this thread

I know there have been other threads but I figure I would make another thread with a video of the issue.

Due to the game being in early access and being buggy, the AI that is commanded by the player will randomly decide to not shoot the enemy unless they are nearly face to face. Unsure if this is related to the time of day or terrain, however low light does seem to affect it. Quite frustrating when half your force is ranged but they won't do anything so you lose the battle. As is obvious in the short clip (I could only record for 30 seconds) the AI would not shoot until brought point blank, I verified they were on fire at will, and when I brought them back the AI stopped shooting.

Bump, the nights are also so dark you can't see anything without messing with brightness settings, and ranged units are useful only in daylight.

I think there should be something like at nighttime units need torches or something. That will be realistic. Or some option to choose if You want to fight at night or wait till daylight.

I know there have been other threads but I figure I would make another thread with a video of the issue.

Due to the game being in early access and being buggy, the AI that is commanded by the player will randomly decide to not shoot the enemy unless they are nearly face to face. Unsure if this is related to the time of day or terrain, however low light does seem to affect it. Quite frustrating when half your force is ranged but they won't do anything so you lose the battle. As is obvious in the short clip (I could only record for 30 seconds) the AI would not shoot until brought point blank, I verified they were on fire at will, and when I brought them back the AI stopped shooting.

Had the same problem. Have you tried putting them in loose formation and back in line/ hold fire-fire at will? This works most of the time for me, at least on daytime maps.

I have the same problem. In my case horse archers.

The easiest way to spot this bug when enemy's formation is circle. Archers won't shot even 30 from enemy's formation.
Time of day does not matter in this case.

Back
Top Bottom